This is why some people should never own pets

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by centerstage01, Jun 6, 2011.

1. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

A woman is bragging on her blog that all her family ever gets are stupid or violent dogs. So they dump them at shelters and then go get another puppy. And when they don't train the puppy to be an obedient dog, it's another trip to the shelter. WHY do people like this even bother getting animals if they aren't responsible enough to care for the animal?? If you're not a dog person, DON'T GET A DOG!!!

http://dawnsramblings.posterous.com/must-love-dogswell-screw-that

2. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

that's really infuriating.

unfortunately, she thinks the comments condemning her actions are hilarious.

I'm pretty sure it's not the dogs who are stupid.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. modern_muslimah

modern_muslimah Thinking of witty user title and coming up blank

What a stupid, selfish, immature person! The post plus her comments are infuriating. She completely does not get it! The dog didn't ask to be taken in by her. The dog looks absolutely adorable as well. I hope it ends up in a loving home far away from her. I'm sure the problem isn't the dog but her.

4. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

At least she takes them back to the shelter instead of...doing something else horrible to them. :shuffle: The dogs are lucky to get away from her. Her kid and husband unfortunately, seem to be stuck. :eek:

5. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I wonder why this foolish person would not realize that animals that are furry will shed, or that animals who need to be active will try to run outdoors, or that animals that are genetically inclined to hunt will dig holes in the yard. WTF? Does she expect them to be like lawn ornaments and just sit around and be decorative? And the stuff about adopting a little cute ball of fuzz...does she also not realize that puppies do eventually grow up?

This blog particularly p*sses me off because I volunteer at an animal shelter and unfortunately I see far too many people who come in and shop for an animal like they would for a couch or an item of clothing, e.g. "I want a brown tabby" (even though there are several dozen non-brown non-tabbies who would love you just as much if not more). I agree with Anita that at least she took the dogs back to a shelter, but still, it bugs me that the shelter has to deal with the outcome of her stupidity about what to expect from a dog.

6. modern_muslimah

I guess she gets a small amount of brownie points for that. I also seen people do worse with their dogs. :scream:

7. genevieve

reading the post, what struck me was that she is actually very angry at her husband, but chooses to focus the negativity on the dog. If she really didn't want a dog and her husband "made" her get one, is there any wonder that it isn't working out? Sounds like she's the main caretaker and she hates dogs....no matter how much she says she's tried "everything" to train the dog, I think chances are pretty much nil that she was doing effective training because she didn't want to be doing it in the first place.

What's really :eek: is the level of anger and detail she is providing about her relationship with her husband on a public blog. :eek:

Never mind, I read her latest entry about her oldest son. :scream: And the one where she says how jealous she is that her husband's blog is more popular than hers is :scream: :scream: Maybe this is all a ploy for blog hits, because I just can't stop reading it help!!!

8. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

It's people like this that make me think if a comet hit the earth, it might be doing the rest of the universe a favor :p

9. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

The most heartbreaking case I saw at an animal shelter was a chihuahua puppy that had been left by the side of the freeway. (Yes, the owners didn't even do what this crazy bytch did and honorably take him back to the shelter.) They probably fed the dog once a day with adult food, not knowing that puppies need more nourishment. So this poor chihuahua was malnourished and couldn't stand on its own. But oh, its nails were painted pink. :rolleyes:

10. modern_muslimah

I'm amazed at people who leave their animals on the road too. Although I have to say that I wouldn't have my cat if some terrible owner didn't decide to leave her and her sisters in a box in a hospital parking lot. A woman found them, had them spayed and then gave them away.

I'm glad that there are some people who care for these neglected animals and nurse them back to health when necessary. Lord knows there are too many people who don't.

11. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

We have a rabbit. The stuff that happens to unwanted rabbits is awful. Important thing to know: rabbits have been bred for house pets for centuries. Those bred as house rabbits are not equipped to survive in the wild. If you or someone you know doesn't want a rabbit acquired as a pet, tossing it in the back yard is not an appropriate solution.

Rabbits get bought for Easter gifts every year, then tossed out or taken to shelters sometimes within a few days. One pet store here that stocks house rabbits for sale tries to simply not have any available before Easter because most bought at that time of year are abandoned.

12. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

How can she handle an autistic child if she's too stupid to train a dog? The latter are much easier to deal with. (Give me a problem animal over a problem child any day. Not to mention there are probably animals more qualified to parent said child than she sounds...)

And more people probably read her husband's blog because perhaps he's a better typist (someone please disable her "-" key) and doesn't whine as much.

13. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Is there a Registered Pet Offender list? There should be.

14. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:angryfire F*ck this idiot and all idiots like her :angryfire

Gazpacho and (deleted member) like this.
  15. Civic

Civic New Member

Sadly, she probably does. Some people just aren't fit to be responsible for another living creature be it dogs, children or goldfish.

16. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing. Special children take special parents. Autistic children especially (depending where they fall on the spectrum) need very patient parents, sibling, teachers, etc. A dog shouldn't be much of a struggle compared to some children much less an autistic child. She just sounds lazy and angry. Maybe she hates her husband and can't deal with an autistic child so she is very bitter.

17. genevieve

whatever you do, don't question her parenting in her blog's comments. Both she and her allies will not stand for it.

niiiiiiice

18. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Wow. Sounds like a pissy 14 year old girl with a chip on her shoulder instead of a "mature" grown adult woman.

19. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

I agree with this. I don't think the dog is the real issue (an unfortunate victim however). I'm wondering if she is really overwhelmed by caring for an autistic child but feels too guilty to admit it. She shows a lot of hostility towards the people commenting on her blog as well as her husband and her dog. :dog:

20. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Yes, the anger was palpable. And if she's spent a ton of $$ on training it's been entirely wasted. Dogs usually don't bolt out the door if they are happy with their human pack - unless they see something to chase after (i.e. a dog or a bird), in which case you make damn sure the door is secure (we have an extra screw on our screen door, which is a bit loose, to prevent such incidents). Or, unless they are completely undisciplined and super charged with energy due to neglect and a lack of exercise.

Dogs shed. And dogs dig. comes with the territory.

And I too had to wonder how someone that angry and impatient about the trials of dog ownership could manage an autistic child.

Thanks for the warning. I think I'll pass. (goes off to read latest blog entr:slinkawayy. .

21. Gazpacho

Gazpacho Well-Known Member

Where they probably are killed anyway. Varies by geographical location, but overall, the majority are killed.

22. flutzilla1

flutzilla1 Well-Known Member

Something else that is scary is that, according to her bio on her blog page, she is also a teacher. I wouldn't want this bitter and disturbed woman within a mile of my kid, much less being his teacher!

23. Civic

Civic New Member

True. But at least it's done quickly and humanely. IMO, this is better than a slow death by starvation or a lingering death by the side of the road after being struck by a car.

24. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

I was appalled at the way she responded to comments on that entry. The language, the vitriol....bitter and disturbed is right, along with having completely no class.

25. genevieve

this might be my favorite of her comments

yep, she sure is the "cool mom" (just ask any of her kids' friends - and their PARENTS!!)

And she's got a new post that starts out:
    (emphasis mine)

Considering that the post is called To All the Haters...KISS MY ASS - somehow I doubt that it has humbled her one bit, but whatever...

:rofl:

26. jamesy

jamesy wind up merchant

zomg gen did you bookmark that woman's blog? :lol:

27. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

What a strange woman. Wow.

28. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Just reading the quotes from her blog posted here on FSU is truly entertaining. :watch: But I'm sure actually living with this cool, humbled, super mom is a much more :yikes: experience. :scream:

29. genevieve

no but it would be easier if I did :p

some people watch trash shows like Real Houewives of Wherever or Hoarders. My guilty pleasure is internet freakouts :saint:

30. Gazpacho

Gazpacho Well-Known Member

Most places do it through injection, which is quick and painless. But some states such as North Carolina still allow gas chambers.