This FB advert, Who has Unfriended You? Is it for real or just a phish?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Alex Forrest, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex Forrest

Alex Forrest Banned Member

So everytime I come on here I see this ad "Three people unfriended you. Find out who they are!". Is this real? I really don't care who unfriended me, but I do care that in the last two years I unfriended like 1700 friends just to keep my privacy. Is this real? How awful. I didn't delete anyone because I disliked them (though some I admittedly did). Is this real? God I'm going to have 1700 enemies now. Or is this just a phishing expedition?

2. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

You're really stupid or you just wanted us to all know you had over 1700 friends at some point. Maybe we can start a poll for you, would that be enough attention?

mag, Sassafras, beepbeep and 5 others like this.
  3. Alex Forrest

It's a serious question Bob (love that name, *BOB*, how Americana). I am tempted to press the button, but don't want my computer hacked. Don't you have anything better to do than be a nasty butch? (I know, the absolutely wrong word for you, hon). If you have nothing of import to say, ignore, mmkay sweetms?

4. Mayra

Mayra Well-Known Member

It's as real as your 1700 friends.

5. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

On the off-chance anything you wrote is true, you'll have 1700 people who are just as unlikely to click that button, and just as unlikely to care, as the rest of us.

6. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

So you just admitted you did what you said you didn't do.

7. Spazactaz

Spazactaz New Member

I don't know which one you're seeing... but I'd assume it's real. I have an app that tells me who deletes me, so I know the instant they do. There are plenty different ones available.

8. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you'll have to refriend 1700 people! Or well, they'll figure it out when you try to friend them again anyway. :lol: Popularity is a b**ch! :drama:

9. Alex Forrest

It is actually a serious question, since I deleted tons of people (yeppers even many on here...) I think I have maybe five FSU friends on FB, those that I have known for twenty years. So if you want to run another "let's kill Alex" diatribe, go f yourself. It shows up everytime I log on. I just don't want to to have my computer hacked. And yeah, at one point I had 2000 FB friends which would be embarassing except I have met and knew everyone. These FSU friends, Jesus H Christ. At least I pulled it back and my real FSU friends have my cell and can call me anytime... Poor "Bob". I mean, who goes by that name. I think you were the first I deleted, you nasty butch. Oops again, the completely opposite word, but thanks for spellcheck. Keeps me outta trouble.

10. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

It's a phishing scheme.

You can download Unfriend Finder if you want to keep track of such things in the future, but there is no program that can tell you who has unfriended you in the past.

Anyone can look at his Friends list and see if you are on it or not. If you've unfriended him, you won't be there. I would think that if people were concerned about your Friend status, they would already know that you were gone.

11. Alex Forrest

Thank you Prancer. I went from 2000 to 300 and felt terribly about it. I deleted so many FSU'ers, even the ones I cared about just for privacy. I hope those friends don't dislike me, we still have cell phones, but FB was too private, if that makes any sense. I was on the phone with many FSUers and I just figured, you want to talk to me, just call me. You are off my FB.

I might come across as a major bitch, but the last thing I want to do is hurt someone's feelings. And when I saw that advert my heart dropped because I was sad that someone could see that "Alex" deleted you as a friend. I don't give up on people ever, but sometimes privacy makes you clear things up. And yes, I know there are those FSUers I deleted who know I defriended them and maybe dislike me for it. Funny thing is I've gotten two calls from defriends from this, but really, no, I'm not adding you again. You have my cell. FB is a world unto itself, and I have to watch what I post and friend.

As for B.O. or is it Bob, I really don't get your butchiness. It's unhealthy. I have this strange feeling we've met before and I laughed in your face. I apologize for that, B.O.

I always did Nats with CapnCrunch, he was my besty oldest brother. After his death, I really can't do it. I was supposed to meet other FSUers this week, but I panicked, got depressed and cried. I am very sorry for my FSU friends this week that I chickened out, but I'm still not over Capn's death. But call me from the arena. I could add a nasty word or two.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  12. BigB08822

My name has neither Bob nor B.O. in it. :lol:

rjblue and (deleted member) like this.
  13. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

But you met and knew them all, and yet you "think" you deleted "Bob." If you met and knew every of those 1700, you would know what the B stands for.

:)

Sassafras and (deleted member) like this.
  14. CanuckSk8r

CanuckSk8r New Member

Google - where one can ask questions and get answers without the dramatics and rudeness.

I highly recommend it. Unless of course, that was your intention.

15. Nan

Nan Just me

No....really?

:)

16. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

I think this thread is a phishing scheme....

Cyn, Sparks, falling_dance and 3 others like this.
  17. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

:drama: Everyone at FSU has unfriended me! I have only 30 friends.

Oh wait. I've never friended any FSU members.

Am I the bitch or are you guys?

18. TheGirlCanSkate

TheGirlCanSkate Active Member

Instead of deleting you can just change your security settings. Or create a secret group or public group. Or open a second FB account. Then you can friend the second account upping your count by one more.

19. Impromptu

Impromptu Well-Known Member

There's a video here that discussing the process of unfriending and whether or not it's possible to accomplish it.

20. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll bite. What is so unhealthy about being butch?

:watch:

21. Alex Forrest

Autocorrect, Vag. I would have to go out of my way to write a nasty word. And BigBO isn't worth my time to do it.

22. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

Is the bolded word above the one that autocorrect changed? Yarite. :rolleyes: And BTW, why don't you take your nasty personal remarks to PM? After all "the last thing I want to do is hurt someone's feelings", right? You're just showing your ass here.

In case you're wondering why I don't have you on ignore anymore it's because everytime you make one of your idiot posts people quote you so I can't get away from it, and besides: :watch:

Kasey and (deleted member) like this.
  23. BigB08822

Still wrong. Can you read? You would think you would know my name, being that we supposedly met and were apparently friends on Facebook.

24. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

BigB08822 is one of my Facebook friends (although I haven't yet had the pleasure of meeting him in real life - maybe some day). Sure doesn't seem like a bitch to me. ::shrug::

25. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

Oh Alex, you're at it again, making up wild stories worse than a two year old trying to get his mother's attention....

taf2002 and (deleted member) like this.
  26. Scrufflet

Scrufflet Active Member

Back to the original question which I am taking seriously. I had the same experience as Alex. My first response was to click on it to see who had unfriended me but skepticism prevented me(I'm not all that computer savvy). I asked myself how FB would know I was on FSU, what my handle was and the thought of the fedex scam I have been subjected to repeatedly (you have a parcel, click here for receipt). The final straw was that the message didn't actually say Facebook so I figured it was a nasty scam. It's a shame that this garbage goes on.

27. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

I just signed on from another computer and saw the ad in question. I am NOT on FB. Does that answer the question? ;)

28. leesaleesa

leesaleesa Active Member

I'm a bitch, you're a bitch, and that other guy is a butch. I think the 8 is silent.

It should be fairly intuitive that a website that isn't Facebook which is encouraging you to click on something is a fraud. Don't click on any of that crap. Stay away from Facebook applications while you're at it, because they date mine, too.

Probably the best way to notice that someone unfriended you is when they don't show up on your page anymore. All those Mafia Wars and Sorority Life friends don't really count.

I have to ask: Was one of those 1700 people Manti T'eo's girlfriend?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
    Kasey and (deleted member) like this.
  29. Alex Forrest

Merry Xmas to all, and to all a good night.

I just did a major edit. Too bad you didn't see the real thing.

1. Anyone who has "Big" in his profile is either a short-docked man or is also a mental case. Done there. And it was a JOKE!!! As if I would take Bigbo guy as a friend on match or gay or adam for adam. If someone feels the need to put Big in, well, you know it's got to be quite small.....

2. The rest who just decided to attack me? Whatevs. I asked a legitimate question. Is it hard to believe that I was afraid how I would look if someone could just type a button and see I deleted them? It sounds butchy and awful, and I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I just hoped they'd think I deleted my profile or something. I don't want to know if someone went out of their way to delete me, or at least I don't want someone I know that I deleted to think I went out of my way to delete them.

3. Seriously, I know the Anti-Alex is alive and well, and frankly I'd love to see your station in life versus mine. But really, the same people come up again and again. I say I dumped 1700 from FB which I did, and it turns into a "Alex is just faking this to get attention....". It's sad, because you are way under my league, baby dolls. So enough, why not just put me on ignore, and leave your hateful attacks to someone else instead of reading bullshot into everything I write? Got it? Good. Why don't you focus on that big haired slut at the mall who stole your boyfriend a million years ago, and your husband, because you are just frigid ugly nasty botches?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  30. misskarne

misskarne #ForzaJules #KeepFightingMichael

:lol:

Your obvious changing of certain other swearwords, and yet leaving a whopper unchanged, only serves to prove your pretentiousness.

You know, you might have got a legitimate answer to your legitimate question had you not felt the need to couch it in such overblown, arrogant, egomaniacal terms. Why was the fact that you allegedly once had 1700 friends relevant? It wasn't.

You might find that people take you more seriously if you stop injecting your fantasy stories into your threads here. I am quite surprised you didn't see fit to mention that this all happened while you were psuedo-chatting your father's profile on a dating site, while at the apartment you live in that you're not legally entitled to be in, with the friend who stole your gym clothes and thus destroyed all faith in him...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.