Things That You Would Still Like to Do...

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by nubka, Feb 3, 2011.

1. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

good thread!

skate in the russian adult competition
    and then go to red square =)
    be in london for a royal wedding (going to do this april 29 ;) )
    have ONE double jump
    i have others but these are the only ones i am sharing :)

KatieC and (deleted member) like this.
  2. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

I'm 34 and still have a lot I want to accomplish:

Travel the world:
    walk the streets of Rome
    explore Egypt
    walk through Versailles as graceful as Marie Antoinette used to
    climb up Mayan & Aztec pyramids
    visit Sergei Grinkov's grave
    sip some tea while watching snow cover pagodas in Japan
    explore Australia
    so many more places I want to see with my own eyes...

I want to:
    own a home, I'm talking completely paid off, no mortgage
    have six pack abs (eh, don't know if I'll ever achieve THAT, lol)
    skate on a cloud like Ekaterina Gordeeva
    have time to make my own candles and soaps
    see my kids grow up into wonderful adults, maybe even have their own families
    slow dance in my hubby's arms at our 50th wedding anniversary.... just a bit over 38 more years to go!

Yes, there are still plenty of things I want to do before I go.

3. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

Get to England with my dad
    Drive (I have a major fear of driving so I would like to get over it)
    See my eldest get through post secondary education
    See my youngest develop as much as he can with his disability (and both kids be happy adults)
    Get to an Olympic Games
    Travel to as many countries as I can

4. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Win the lottery
    Live in Paris
    Travel through Spain, Portugal, and Southern Italy
    Read all the books I own
    Attend a skating competition
    Sponsor a skater

5. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Our Jacuzzi was in front of a picture window. 2nd floor, but including the above ground basement in the back of the house, it is actually 3rd floor. All you can see are trees. But the window didn't open, the Jacuzzi was big and a pain in the butt to clean. All it did was collect dust, take up a lot of space, and we never used it. We are all shower people. We have a regular tub in the main bathroom, if we feel the need. Easier to clean! The new shower is awesome, it's doorless, I designed it. You go in and there is a little warm area with a heat lamp, then you turn into the shower. We put in a hand held shower spray and a rain head. And there are two corner seats. Can't wait for it to be completely done, so we can use it!

6. mmscfdcsu

mmscfdcsu Skating Pairs with Drew

I am a shower person too. I shower and wash my hair before a bath. Scrub out the tub and then enjoy the bath.

7. cruisin

Ahh! I would do the opposite. Take the bath, then shower. I'm neurotic, even in my own house! :lol:

8. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

. take scuba diving lessons
    . spend a week scuba diving and underwater photography at the Great Barrrier Reef
    . visit Tibet
    . own a home
    . rent a car in Tuscany for a week and explore the region
    . swim with whale shark
    . attend an Olympic Game
    . kiss someone in the rain and then say to him, "is it raining? I hadn't noticed." LOL

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  9. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

There's only two things I ever wanted out of life since I was a little girl, that was get married and have kids. At my age now ... never.gonna.happen.

I'd love to get up the nerve to attend all events of a US Nationals the year of an Olympics. I am so scared to travel alone though I don't know I'd ever get up the courage unless it came to my city. :shuffle:
    Would love to do the same for a Worlds the year before the Olympics. (gotta make sure to hit the big years!). :lol:

10. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Oh please post pictures when its finished! Please please please??? You just described my DREAM bathroom!!! :D

11. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

I've talked to a couple of people who have done this tour, and they said it was an incredible experience, not only for the loactions, but also for the history they learned along the way. I don't know how often it happens now, but over the years, some of the members of Easy Company have either accompanied the tour groups or have met up with them at some point (IIRC, usually at Bastogne). Most of the people that go on this tour are major WWII history buffs, along with a lot of BoB ├╝bers :lol: .

I am still saddened by the recent passing of Richard "Dick" Winters, the CO of Easy (until his promotion to Captain and then Major), on January 2nd of this year. He was a man I greatly admired for more reasons than I could list, and I broke down and cried when I heard about his death. Private Ed Mauser, one of the original Toccoa men, died two weeks ago on January 21st. At the age of 94, he was the oldest surviving member of Easy Company (the oldest surviving member now is Frank Perconte, who will turn 94 in March).

As time passes, we lose more and more Veterans of WWII. WRT to Easy Company, only a handful are still with us - as of today, only 35 members of Easy are left, and of those, 16 of them are original Toccoa men.

Er, sorry to get off-topic there :eek: .

Which Grand Prix? :drama: Of Figure Skating, but of course :D . I would love to travel from one country (and continent) to another, both for the skating as well as visiting, touring, and enjoying the cuisine in places all over the world I've never seen (other than in pictures or movies).

Added to my original list, I would like to:

- Attend a Winter Olympics

- If the region were more stable, visit Egypt and Israel (although I've been there once before, I was 11 at the time and would like to go back as an adult).

- Adding to my previous list of countries to visit/tour: Australia, New Zealand, Switzerland, Spain, the Netherlands, Brazil, Canada, and (I'm sure) others.

- Spend a good two or three weeks in Washington, DC, and be able to take a lot of time while touring and visiting various spots (rather than one of those quickie/borderline drive-by tours)

- Go on a shopping spree where money isn't any kind of concern :lol: .

- Meet the right person, fall in love, and and stay with that partner for life (but not get married)

12. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Travel to Holland and Switzerland
    Meet Midori Ito
    Learn to play the guitar

13. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

I'd also like to visit New York City some day. :)

14. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

Take ballroom dance
    Go back to Cornwall
    Finish my novel

15. cruisin

I will, but I don't know how to post photos without my email address attaching to them.

16. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I'm actually doing something called the '101 things for 1001 days', which is popular on a lot of blogs. That list mainly includes a LOT of travel, finishing study and starting a real career, and doing random fun things.

For life...well....

I want to be happy, whatever I do. Then I want:
    - travel, a LOT. I've already seen about 20 countries (maybe 21? 22?), but they're concentrated on 2 continents so I want to branch out.
    - have a job that I enjoy that is paid well enough to support my travel, yet not work so hard that I don't have any quality of life.
    - meet someone and fall in love and be happy.
    - have children.
    - own a house
    - learn Spanish
    - perfect my French

I'm sure there are more things, but like I said, happiness is the most important. If I never do any of the above, but am happy, then it's alright :)

17. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I think getting married is still possible at a late age if all you're interested in is being married and don't care about things like love, the person you're getting married to, etc. If you're determined enough to make it happen then it will :).

I mean I'd marry you ... if you're willing to pay my bills, my vacations, my house, my food, etc. ;)

18. cruisin

Maybe it will. You can adopt, if you're menopausal. Never say never :).

19. Jenya

Jenya Well-Known Member

-Get my dream job as a foreign service officer
    -There are so many places I want to travel, but at the top of the list are Russia, Greece, Morocco, Spain and China
    -Climb the Great Wall of China
    -Hold a baby panda :)
    -Find and meet my relatives who still live in Ukraine
    -Ski in the Alps
    -Go to the Olympics
    -Attend allezfred's Eurovision party :lol:

20. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

That's funny.. I do the opposite.. I love to bathe and will lie then for an hour reading my book and even having a nap.. sometimes just to warm up from the minus twenty weather:yikes: but mostly its my stress reliever. Then after my bath I have a shower.. I had thought about a jacuzzi but I stayed at a hotel recently and it had a soaker tub that was amazing and cheaper than a jacuzzi but so deep..

21. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

thanks so much Cyn for the information i have passed on the info to my siblings as maybe a gift for my dad as he was in the RAF??
    I can't believe I missed you were talking about THE grand prix. I feel quite silly :shuffle:
    :)