Things that irritate you about a skater you otherwise like

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by arakwafan2006, Dec 21, 2013.

1. arakwafan2006

arakwafan2006 Active Member

I'll start:

Nobunari Oda- why the HELL cant he find pants long enough to go over his skating boots during his performances? I am so sick of seeing the grey lining of the inside of his boots because his pants flood. FIX THAT!!!

Revolution Blades- The newfangled design distracts me...

Edea boots-:scream::scream::scream: Valentina Marchei and Akiko Suzuki look like they are skating in casts!

Mao Asada- She looks like she wears the same shirt to all of her practices lol.
  2. arakwafan2006

3. Dolore

Dolore New Member

Aliona Savchenko's creme colored boots. And S/S's costumes in general. Love their skating but their costumes need to be burned on a stake and the ashes have to meet an exorcist before they can be buried somewhere. :lol:
    flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  4. arakwafan2006

I agree 100% about the nude color boots period. I also agree that their costumes are amongst the worst.
  5. fan

fan Active Member

Kim's lack of toe point and layback turn out. Anyone who wears over the boot tights. Stirrup tights are even worse.
  6. MissJD

MissJD Active Member

Hanyu's ridiculous R&J shirt. Surely they won't let him wear that hot mess to the Olympics! Especially since he has a good chance to medal!!

That Trankov's tunic shirt comes up every time he jumps. Also, that headband. And his tweets/ interviews post GPF. Try to stay classy Max ;)

That Szolkowy's Nutcracker top has pink sleeves and a red vest.

Fernandez's costumes. I mean he'd look good in anything, but come on!

Sotnikova's weird see-through dress...

Anna Capellini's FD dress.

(Sorry, I didn't realize this would be so long haha! Apparently I have major issues with costuming!)
    immoimeme and (deleted member) like this.
  7. clairecloutier

clairecloutier Active Member

Yuna's layback is the first thing that comes to mind. Eek.

Mao's new LP costume. Mao doing two 3 Axels in the LP.
  8. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

Yu na's spiral

Mao's back to back triple axels in her LP
  9. hoptoad

hoptoad Well-Known Member

Caitlin Yankowskas' eye make-up. It ruins my enjoyment of the performance, no matter who she skates with.

If I saw her live with no close-up camera work, I'm sure I'd enjoy her skating. But, just, yuck!
  10. RFOS

RFOS Well-Known Member

Akiko Suzuki's flying camel was the first thing that came to mind.
  11. bronwynsings

bronwynsings Active Member

Mao's new SP costume too...
  12. immoimeme

immoimeme having a nice day

A skater who shall remain nameless always-a l w a y s-after x number of camel spin rotations slapped his free leg at the finish. A seemingly minor thang until you put a lot of programs together and see it over and over and over and over and aaaargh!!!!
  13. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

Yuna's lack of toe point. Akiko's all of her spins...yuck. Miki's lack of speed, Machida's hair.. , Mao's ugly costumes.
  14. fenway2

fenway2 Well-Known Member

Mao's dog collar costumes. Michelle's skin tags don't annoy me but they're distracting. Jeremy's strange behavior in the kiss and cry that sometimes makes him appear mentally challenged. Tara never pronouncing the first T in important. She says "imporUNT" So annoying. Sasha's bad acting when she bombed at 2010 nationals and "yawned" and acted bored waiting for the final results. Please, girl. You were crushed and weren't fooling anyone. Elena Radionova's Jon Benet Ramsey-like makeup and hair. Adorable skater but horrible style. Mirai showing a ton of personality in the warmup and kiss and cry but stoneface during her performance.
  15. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I like Virtue and Moir but sometimes I hate Tessa's facial expressions, like when she looks angry/sad/in pain in the eyes, and is faking a smile at the same time. It's probably because she actually IS in pain due to her previous injury, but it's still annoying. I like Chan too but sometimes his googly-eyed facial expressions bother me too. I know he can't help it totally since he has that cross-eyed problem, although I thought he had an operation to correct that, at least in part, a couple of years ago.
    tulip and (deleted member) like this.
  16. tulip

tulip New Member

- Moore-Towers/Moskovitch seem to have only ONE lift position.

- Second the beige boots.:blah:

- Kostner's skirts are just too dang short on her.
  17. lahaa968

lahaa968 Active Member

-Moore/Towers' hair/makeup selections. I know not everyone has decent taste, but this isn't a country fair beauty pageant (say no to perms :scream:)
    - Akiko's (or Max Aaron's) Camel spin. Get that leg straight!!!
    - Both of Mao's new costumes. I LOVED the original Chopin costume we saw at SA, NHK. I wasn't crazy about the original Rach 2 Bluebird situation but the new one is vom.com. Can we get a restraining order for Tarasova when it comes to costumes?
    -On that same note, Kovtun's LP costume. :violin:
    -Liza T's LP dress. Literally the only woman I've ever seen look unforgiving in black.
    -Adelina's LP. I love her, her skating, everything, but sweet jesus a techno remix of Saint-Saens is just blasphemous.
    -Hard to describe, but the way Adam Rippon goes into his spins. He slumps his back all of a sudden, it's so jarring. In his Faun free skate this season, in the last 30 sec. he does 3S, spread eagle, all gorgeous, and then segues into a Hunchback of Notre Dame thing to do his CCoSp.
    -Kaetlyn Osmond's spins. Love her, but...
    -Tatsuki Machida's overall look; costumes that would make Lauren Sheehan gasp "enough!" and no to the page boy haircut.
    tulip and (deleted member) like this.
  18. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

I kind of dug Holly Cook's CPR hand tap preparation she did going into her triple toe loops.
  19. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

Skaters who have a bend in their spread Eagle. If you can't do it without sticking your but out... Don't do it.
    Over the skate tights... Ugly... Uggly
    Skaters who drop their knee to get into their donut spiin.
    Flutzes.. Learn the dang jump!
    Mao's choker costumes. She is a lovely, lithe person. Those costumes devour her.
    Yu-Na's non pointed toes.
    Carmen programs
    Wrapped leg in jumps.
    And, pairs who can't land their jumps..... Although I am thinking we see less of that.
    bardtoob and (deleted member) like this.
  20. clairecloutier

Speaking of pairs . . . Kirsten Moore-Towers's butt-up position in one of their death spirals, I think in the LP. Painful to the eyes.
  21. unchat123

unchat123 New Member

ITA! The fact that the shoulder ruffles don't connect to her dress at the back drives be bananas. Ugh.

Also S/S and their "the heiress and the bellboy" LP costumes.
  22. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

How about skaters fan clubs?
  23. froh1981

froh1981 New Member

Suzuki Akiko's spins
  24. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

I hate to admit it, but when any particular skater gets inflated marks or consistently gets the benefit of generosity from tech callers, it makes me start to dislike the skater even if it's really the fault of the panel, not the skater.

ETA - the fact that Yu Na is queen but doesn't have a full arsenal of triples alongside a mediocre layback and spiral (I still prefer her to Mao, though)
    bardtoob and (deleted member) like this.
  25. clairecloutier

Okay, I have to add: Adelina Sotnikova's LP costume.
  26. misskarne

misskarne Spirit. Focus. Ability. Tenacity. Aussie Grit.

In an extension of this: The fact that Yuna is queen, but if you try to call Plushenko King you get squawked at, despite the fact that he is infinitely more qualified to be called King than Yuna is to be called Queen.
  27. fenway2

fenway2 Well-Known Member

I want to add Josee Chouinard sweating profusely after every program. Not her fault but it bothered me. Someone hand her a towel already. Ditto for Jamie Sale's pit stains.
  28. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Pit stains in any costume. They make sew in sweat shields.

Nude bloomers.
    Visible underwear under tights. (On the non elite level girls who wear tights over underwear and nothing on top of the tights)
  29. unchat123

unchat123 New Member

Marcy Hinzmann's red boot soles (Louboutins, I'm presuming?:lol:) on Battle of the Blades were soooooo distracting. I wanted to watch her and her partner actually skating but just couldn't because the soles are so distracting.
  30. mia joy

mia joy New Member

I saw all the comments on S/S and I was like: WHAAAAT?

I LOVE Aliona's cream (or whatever you call it) colored boots. I loved them on Rita Drobiazko and I love them on Aliona. SO much better than tights over boots :yikes: or huge white boots that don't match anything.
    I also think their FS costumes are pretty lovely. Hate the SP ones, though. And I really loved their Out of Africa costumes, so even though sometimes they do go over the top with them, they also sometimes have really stunning outfits.
  31. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I really don't mind the beige boots either.They looked good on Delobel Aliona Babs etc They are better than dirty white boots eg Cappellini .:D My fav skater Albena Denkova has recently ditched the OTB tight's thank goodness as I always thought they made her feet look clunky.Hate the hearts on Madison Chock's boots .Pasha's lilac boots were rather special weren't they ?
  32. Dolore

Dolore New Member

Visible illusion fabric and nude straps that don't match the skaters complexion. They don't look very pleasing and are extremely distracting. Meryl Davis' facial expressions and over the top acting. It's painful to watch. Also her eye make up is usually rather unflattering. It should be forbidden just like Maxim Trankov's mustache and hair band. Such a handsome man and he hasnt tries everything to make him appear unattractive ... Charlie White needs a haircut and Tessa's smile sometimes seems out of place. I wish ice dancers in general weren't so obligated to smile all the time. And Patrick Chan's eyes scare me. :lol:
  33. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

You all know I'm crazy about Davis/White, but I WISH Meryl would point her feet.
  34. Jiazumi

Jiazumi Active Member

Max Aaron's hair.
    Mao Asada's LP costume.
    Castelli/ Shnapir always messing up the sbs jumps
    Chock Bates music in FD
    Cesario skating too slow
    Meryl's hairstyle in FD
    Wagner's FD. go back to black swan or sd!
    Osmond's FD this year.

and most of all

Javier's programs and costumes this yr:scream:
  35. bronwynsings

bronwynsings Active Member

I also cannot stand Adelina's flesh colored gloves. I don't know why but they bother the heck out of me!
  36. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Yuzuru Hanyu's LP costume. It looks like he's wearing an off-the-shoulder evening dress! The diagonal ruffle across the chest disrupts his body line.
  37. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

Anna Cappellini's dirty boots!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kidding :p

I am irritated by skaters' crazy fans...I cannot say I am irritated by something a skater does, but some fans are just totally nuts and that really bothers me because I can't believe that such weird and stupid people can exist.
  38. Aerobicidal

Aerobicidal Well-Known Member

I feel exactly the same way. I suppose that makes us, for the purposes of this thread, together. Every step. Every breath.
  39. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Meryl's hairdo and makeup for Scheherezade. She's so pretty, in an unusual way perhaps, and she can be styled much better.
    Volosozhar/Trankov skating to JSC irritates me. I expected so much more musically and artistically when they first teamed up.
    Mao Asada's costumes.
    The fact that Jeremy Abbott is so talented, and just hasn't put it together at Worlds (I'm not necessarily irritated at him for this, but for him rather).
    That Illinkyh/Katsalapov are still coached by Morosov.

A general one, that there aren't enough voids in ice dance.
  40. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Gracie Gold's RED lipstick... :eek: