Things said that were not meant to be recorded or overheard

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Maofan7, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Maofan7

Maofan7 Member

Here are a couple of examples of people saying things they shouldn't, having forgotten that the mic was still switched on or that they could be overheard:-

Gordon Brown/Gillian Duffy

Jose Mujica/Christina Fernandez de Kirchner

This is becoming an increasingly common phenomenon. Who would you say though paid the highest price for their slip up?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
    Buzz and (deleted member) like this.
  2. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Everybody in the public and private sectors should act as if there is the potential that someone is videoing, taping, recording, taking pictures in this day and age and act accordingly. That being said, and though he didn't know he was being recorded, I'd say Romney and his 47% comment.

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. misskarne

misskarne #408

The first thing that our A/V guys at uni said when our classes went into the studios: treat every mike as though it were live, ALL THE TIME.

4. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

When you are doing announcing at a skating competition, you always must check the microphone is off before saying anything.

This is a clip of soundbites that I put together from the 98 Olympics from Robin Cousins and Barry Davis during the compulsory dance which was not official commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Too7aXB5o5A

5. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

always check that your wireless mic is turned off before going into the bathroom. :p

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  6. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I think that when Michael Richards was doing comedy in some little club that he didn't expect his off-hand comments to become worldwide news...

:eek:

7. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Scott Moir: WTT Trophy kiss 'n cry, 2012: "I hate this competition."

8. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Nancy Kerrigan's "this is the most corniest thing I have ever done" while riding in a Disney World parade. :wall:

A.J. Clemente was fired for cursing on air on his first day as a TV anchor.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2013
  9. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Kerrigan also made a comment while she and Lu Chen waited for Baiul to come out for the medal ceremonies. I think she wondered why Baiul was worried about her make up and said "she will just cry it all off, anyway." lol