Themi and Rena Sochi 2014

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by tplaxl, Sep 7, 2012.

1. tplaxl

tplaxl New Member

yup, uh huh. I get by quite well, thanks for the genuine concern. :) (You may want to learn how to spell)

2. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Which word?

3. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Which word is spelt incorrectly?

Whilst you are correcting me for spelling mistakes, which I am actually not sure what you are referring to, you might care to take some lessons in correct use of upper case letters and punctuation. :)

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  4. tplaxl

tplaxl New Member

5. Domshabfan

Domshabfan Searching for Cizeron's Instagram

Haha, when did using English English become unacceptable. So, now we can only use American English???. Secondly almost all of the commonwealth use British English or English English, so you might need to broaden your narrow take on what is acceptable in English language.

Kasey and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Aussie Willy

Check a dictionary other than an American one. :lol: Or look a bit further down the webpage you got your source from.

From Dictionary.com - Also, especially British , re·al·ise .

7. tplaxl

tplaxl New Member

The American one is much more reliable... After all, we now get to use the word "f-bomb" acceptably! :lol:

8. Aussie Willy

Spell checking on a computer does not necessarily mean it is what should be accepted.

9. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Just so I understand, do you actually think Aussie Willie (note the moniker) spelt realise incorrectly?

Kasey and (deleted member) like this.
  10. tplaxl

tplaxl New Member

If you're following the conversation about it you would see that it is a difference between what dictionary you are using. By the ones Americans would use, yes it would looked to be spelled incorrectly, but by the dictionary Aussie would would use, no it is correct. Below is the American way of spelling it as I posted earlier.

re·al·ize   /ˈriəˌlaɪz/ Show Spelled [ree-uh-lahyz] Show IPA verb, re·al·ized, re·al·iz·ing.
    verb (used with object)
    1. to grasp or understand clearly.
    2. to make real; give reality to (a hope, fear, plan, etc.).
    3. to bring vividly to the mind.
    4. to convert into cash or money: to realize securities.
    5. to obtain as a profit or income for oneself by trade, labor, or investment.

11. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Um, following the conversation shows that in the first post on this page, you implied that she had spelling issues--in that, you disagreed that the British/English/Aussie way of spelling it with the "s" was an acceptable variant. (which is one that my version of Merriam/Webster allows completely, as a British variant).

And following the conversation still pretty much shows you to be an antagonizing (or antagonising) tool.

12. tplaxl

tplaxl New Member

No, I didn't disagree after the different dictiionary was pointed out. I didn't reference any "version" of a dictionary. I just pasted realized from dictionary.com. In fact, I made a joke about my verison being more acceptable because it now includes f-bomb as a proper word. I was giving what I was getting, which is quite a common thing on this forum. Call it whatever you like.

13. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Since it doesn't look like Themi and Rena is a likely pairing, we're now onto a debate abour regional spelling? :watch:

14. tplaxl

tplaxl New Member

I know.. amazing isnt it.....

15. tplaxl

tplaxl New Member

Or is it amasing?

16. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Sorry, tpaxel, I was more curious about the idea that someone was unaware of the British way of spelling and would then try to insult someone (as you did) for it.

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  17. tplaxl

tplaxl New Member

Simple answer. I've never seen one, so how would I know?

18. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

Ever? Really? Wow.

19. Aussie Willy

What I find even more curious is someone who has demonstrated a poor use of punctuation and grammar, is picking on someone else for what they perceive is a single spelling error, when in fact it was their general ignorance of the English language that was the problem.

20. tplaxl

tplaxl New Member

This is so stupid now. Move on people. There are many things that could be pointed out in other posts, from several of the posters in this thread that are grammactically incorrect or have other errors. The topic here was an idea to have Themi and Rena pair up. Can we please get back to "picking on me" and "cutting me down" about that idea?! Thanks!

21. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Trivia question: How many partners did Themi Leftheris have in his Senior pairs career and can you name them all in order? Bonus to anyone who can name his partners before Senior.

22. Aussie Willy

But you are the one who was playing the spelling police and you got caught out for your lack of knowledge of the English language.

23. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Well, Wikipedia :)lol:) says (for Sr) Julian Burns, Naomi Nari Nam, Angelyn Nguyen, Lindsay Davis. Prior to Julian there was Nicole Hartunian (Jr), Jacqueline Jimenez (Novice-Jr), and Sarah-Jo Damron-Brown (Novice). Had no idea he had so many partners! Thanks to some nice person who put all that stuff up there. He didn't start skating until he was 12 (in 1994 after watching the Olympics. Must have been the knee-whack that inspired him? :)).

Yeah, yeah, so I cheated.

24. tplaxl

tplaxl New Member

I could respond to this very easily and copy every post that has something wrong with it. Please get back to insulting me about the original topic.

By the way, since you were so eager to point out that you were baiting me, don't you think you got the same in return?

jamesy and (deleted member) like this.
  25. tplaxl

tplaxl New Member

At least you're honest!

26. Aussie Willy

:lol: Were you baiting me?

27. dots

dots Well-Known Member

YES YES YES!!!! Nothing would make me happier than to see Themis back on the ice! :cheer:

Leftheris & Inoue :swoon: :swoon:

Ouch!

28. tplaxl

tplaxl New Member