The YES, I actually got it done! (thread)

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by nubka, Jun 22, 2012.

1. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

I have shamefully just posted over on the Procrastination Nation thread, and yes, I have been a very bad girl. :( In an effort to boost my sagging morale, I am starting this yes, I actually got it done thread! :D

In the past three months, I have:

Cleaned and rearranged my spice closet.

Cleaned out my closet and got rid of a lot of clothes (I already need to do it again!)

Organized all of my sunday-school lessons until the end of the year.

Cleaned and organized the garage.

I still have long way to go, but we need to remember sometimes to give ourselves a pat on the back for the things that we actually get done! :D :D :D

What say you?

2. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Oh, I like this idea! Now to think of some things I've gotten done. :) I'll be back . . .

3. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

Mom was in the hospital most of May. If she were left to her own devices she would hoard. I managed to make her bedroom make sense which she approved of (shock!!) and have taken over distributing her meds each day (she had mistakenly substituted valium for her water pill--she was bloated and really really mellow.)

Ita--good idea nubka!

4. KatieC

KatieC Well-Known Member

I made chocolate chip cookies tonight and washed up all the dishes involved. I give myself two points for that. (Of course, I ate at least 7 cookies, but the rest are to give away - others can have the calories.) :slinkaway

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Okay -- this evening I deleted well over 250 e-mails from my inbox.

For me, that's pretty big!

6. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

Yea!!! Congrats to all, so far! :) :) :)

7. Lizziebeth

Lizziebeth the real Lizziebeth

Yesterday I planted a bunch of annual flowers :eek:. They should have been in the ground a month ago!

In my defense, I grew them all from seed and had transplanted them into 3" pots so they still looked nice. I must say, my garden had instant beauty.

Boy was I sick of taking care of those plants.

I am the queen of procrastination. But I did get the veggies in on time so I will have some to eat very soon!

8. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I cleaned up the mess of my shoes by the front door. There were still boots sitting in that pile.

(Although, I do keep hoping the mess will inspire my husband to calm down about the shoes in the house rule, but no luck.)

9. skaternum

skaternum Grooving!

I hope to report on Monday that I successfully replaced a tub drain in my bathroom.

But I can say that in the past 2 weeks, I've gotten a lot of stuff off my list:
    * selected and hung a piece of artwork for the stairwell (been searching for 4 months!)
    * delivered huge pile of stuff to church for yard sale (furniture & lamps & BOXES of stuff)

10. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

On Monday, I did 3 loads of laundry, vacuumed and cleaned the kitchen and bathroom.
    On Wednesday, I got my hair cut, and then coloured on Thursday.
    Today, I FINALLY sent off my passport renewal form...2 months after I got the photos done :shuffle:

Once the passport comes back, I'll have to get a lot of other stuff done, but I can put it off until then ;)

11. Sunshine Lizzie

Sunshine Lizzie New Member

Well, I do pretty well on the daily basis stuff - making sure my two kids are happy, clean, fed - cooking, laundry, housecleaning... but that´s about all I manage during the day on my own.

12. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

Good thread. I actually have accomplished a lot of little nagging things over the last few months:

I cleaned out my basement. It was so satisfying! I got rid of so much stuff!

Did a thorough review of my clothes and shoes, and ended up donating 10 large trash bags worth to charity.

I've FINALLY automated my bill paying for all regular bills (mortgage, utilities)

Called my cable company and negotiated a lower rate for the exact same service.

Finally took the time to learn how to use the mobile Scan-It device at the grocery store. Now I can pack my bags exactly the way I want as I'm shopping and just pay at the end.

Set up automated monthly withdrawals from my main bank account to go into an internet account and boost my savings nest egg.

Had a financial planner realign my 401k investment choices. I had been using the a little bit of everything approach, and she got me much more in line with a better mix.

Did a LONG OVERDUE session of weeding and planted some new plants, added bark mulch, etc. It looks so good now!

KatieC and (deleted member) like this.
  13. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

ooooo, I like this thread!
    Several weeks who I finally painted my old hand me down dining table cream. I've been wanting to do that for years. Now my next goal is to paint all 6 dining chairs the same cream color.

14. mkats

mkats New Member

Didn't we have a thread like this a couple years back, something like for every task that somebody else accomplished, everyone else had to do 5 pushups or something...? :D

15. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I removed mould from half of the bathroom ceiling. I'll leave the other half for tomorrow :scream:

16. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

today i took a disposable camera to get the pics developed, i couldnt remember what was on it

spokane nats!

17. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Cleaned up my dining table that I use for an office. At least it is now neat and organised.

18. Alex Forrest

Alex Forrest Banned Member

After three letters from the IRS I am finally getting my 2010 tax return to the CPA tomorrow. They owe me money, so I was never worried, but when I got the third letter and they said they would tell me how much tax I owed, I figured I'd give them a call and tell them that they will be seeing my 2010 return soon. Next it's 2011 taxes which I'm probably owed too.

19. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Despite the ubearable heat and humidity (at 7 pm) I gave my kitchen a long overdue cleaning. Floor, stove, everything. Am now rewarding myself with a glass of Pinot Grigio and an album by Mercedes Simone (a tango singer of the "Golden Age" whom I adore).

20. KCC

KCC Active Member

I finished digitizing thousands of our family slides. It took me an entire year to review and digitize them, then sort and copy them for my siblings. Some priceless pics from the 1960's and 1970's. Great walk down memory lane, but very tedious!

This was a project that I promised to do for my brother who passed away 3 years ago. He always wanted to do it, but I agreed to pick it up for him when he got sick. Just wish he was around to enjoy them, too.

21. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

Finally decided to get with the times and get a smart phone. :cheer: I have a a Samsung Galaxy S II Epic on reserve at the local Sprint store, and I will be picking it up on Tuesday after work.*

*After I have that discussion with my landlord about next year's rent on my apartment tomorrow, as my lease is up on July 31.

22. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

I've finished painting most of my bedroom, then it's on to the living room/dining room/kitchen - ugh.

23. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

Wow! That's something that been on my list for a long time. How did you do it? Did you buy a scanner or use a service that converts them for you?

24. KCC

KCC Active Member

I bought an inexpensive scanner ($100 or so). I did not general scan scenery photos - just people, our farm and our pets, so thay cut the chore by half. Tried to fix some of the damaged slides, but that was almost impossible without going to a restoration professional, so we have what we have. It just took a lot of time, but it was definitely worth every second. At least the photos will be enjoyed by lots of people and they won't continue to decay. The '70's were not kind to any of us, but we were all cute in the '60's!

I printed a bunch of the old photos for my mom and made them into Christmas-like ornaments for a "family tree" in her senior apartment. She liked it so much that the tree is still up and is a conversation piece when she has visitors.