The xx - Absolutely Stunning Music

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Ziggy, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

So as you've probably already guess because of all the threads, :p I am really obsessed about music and spend a lot of time searching out new artists.

I just wanted to share one of the most stunning albums of recent months that because of being released on an independent label definitely isn't getting enough coverage.

Yet it contains such incredibly beautiful, intimate, haunting ballads that I'm sure it could appeal to more people if promoted. I haven't listened to music, which managed to evoke such a special mood for a while.

Links below:

The xx - Crystallised

The xx - Islands

The xx - Night Time (Live on Later... with Jools Holland)

Allen and (deleted member) like this.
  2. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

Their music was featured in one of the Olympic commericals, the one with Apollo Ohno. I think it was 'Intro'. But the tempo of that version is slightly faster than on the album.

3. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

Oh yeah...forgot them in the "whatcha listenin to" thread. Check out Raised by Swans...will change your life :)
    They're all over youtube

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Good for them!

The Intro is beautiful, really sets the tone and puts you in the right mood. :swoon:

5. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I got to see The xx live back in April. It was a great, great show :respec:

ETA: my favorite of their songs is actually not on their album. It's a song called Teardrops.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I am so jealous! :p

Is that song off some EP?

7. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

8. Rhianna

Rhianna ...Her?

They're fantastic. I have a friend who saw them at Bonnaroo recently and I'm beyond jealous.

9. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

They are awesome.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

One thing I forgot to add:

What is the most amazing thing is how young they are. Aren't they all 18-19? And capable of making such mature music, it really is quite incredible.

11. The Village Idiot

The Village Idiot Demon Barber

OMG, I love that they have a following! I actually met Romy and her cousin in a bar (uh, I mean Juice Bar) a few years ago and had never heard of them. She actually had to repeat the band name a few times before I heard her correctly (hey the bar was loud!). Love that they're getting out there!

12. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Great find, Zigs. Thanks for sharing.

13. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Yep, it's Intro - I sought out the song when I first heard the commercial. :)

Good call Ziggy! btw The Village Idiot, I heard one of their songs played at the Toronto harbourfront last month and my music lover friend said they were getting known. I'm bummed I missed their iTunes Live show in SoHo earlier this year, but hopefully I'll get a chance to catch them soon.

14. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

New iPod music... :)

15. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member