The Walking Dead Season 2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Satellitegirl, Oct 16, 2011.

1. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

I would think it's zombie blood to open wound transmission and possibly eye contact. They never really got into the transmission process other than bites or scratches that I know of. Last season, the sherrif did mention not to get it on their skin when they rubbed the zombie guts on their clothes. But since then, I've seen it on their skin many times.

Also, I thought there was a "shark suit" that can't be bitten through. I'd be looking into those real quick. It would be like zombie armour.

ETA: Found info on the shark suit. Just in case anyone wants to add it to their zombie apocalypse survival gear. :lol:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shark_suit

http://www.neptunic.com/workshop_sullivan.htm

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  2. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

3. AliasJohnDoe

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  4. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Many thanks for the links! :cheer2:

5. Octoberopals

Octoberopals New Member

OK, I've read the thread, seen the promos........but I still don't get the alure of this show. Is there an actual plot?

6. BigB08822

Of course. They are trying to survive and find out if there is anywhere on Earth that they can be safe. That's it...lol

7. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

Everything about the show is fantastic....from the writing, to the acting, to the special effects. You get movie quality work in a TV show every episode and you can't say that about every show out there. The zombie genre is a little overdone but this show stands out among them, there's so much more of a human element in it.

My friend Meghan put it best after her BF and her started watching Season 1. She said "I had to stop watching it, I was getting really uneasy". Yup, that's the point! What they're trying to convey, worked.

8. AliasJohnDoe

The apocalypse is near!!! Repent!!!!

And get your zombie apocalypse survival gear in order before it's too late!!!! :lol:

9. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Alone with finding a larger, safer community, the sub-plots include:

- the sherriff, his best friend and the sherriff's wife who are (sort of?) in a (complicated) love triangle

- crazy Daryl's crazy brother is somewhere out there after being abandoned by the group, who will probably seek revenge at some point

- the group are somewhat on eggshells in regards to Andrea, who wanted to die in the season one finale, but was manipulated by Dale, who she is now at odds with

But to me, it's all about the adventure of trying to find someplace that they all could consider "home".

10. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I am ready. I'm stocking up on supplies. I also watched a show on discovery about zombies vs. vampires and am up on all the approprate ways to splatter them across a wall. :COP:

11. AliasJohnDoe

That's what I find best about this show, the "movie quality work" in a TV show. And the scares aren't done in a cheesy/shock-value way. It takes a lot for a horror show to frighten or creep me out, and this show does it.

12. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Lori is getting on my last nerve. On the last episode, she got all "this is a graveyard" when they tried to find supplies in the stopped cars. (cuz the dead need the water and food :rolleyes: ) and now she's getting all bitchy at the only person who can save her son's life.

13. AliasJohnDoe

Plus - Isn't Lori the "wife" who was pretty quick to "get it on" with Shane when she thought her "dear husband" was dead? :lol:

She really was annoying getting all bitchy with the one person who could actually save her sons life. What, is she going to go doctor shopping? Plus the guy who "accidently" shot her son is risking his life to get the medical supplies they need. I'm waiting for her to jump down his throat when he gets back....if he even survives getting back.

14. rfisher

I'm betting he doesn't make it.

Has anybody read the comic books? I know there's quite a bit of deviation as it Shane was supposed to bite the proverbial dust, but I don't see that happening with the series. The love triangle is too good to let go and offers a lot of possibilities.

15. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Saw last night's episode and it did not blow me away can't say exactly why. Too much bickering perhaps.

16. AliasJohnDoe

I have. I'm still a comic junky at 49. :D....But the series creators said not to even go by the comics since they will be deviating a lot. Which they seem to do with a lot of book-to-series shows.

halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Last night's episode was too slow. Still good, but slow. Too much of Rick's anguish....we obviously know he's upset. Also how many times did he have to say someone needs to tell his wife? Hello writers...please learn to write faster stories and less repetitive dialogue.

I was expecting larger guy to become a zombie buffet last night, but I'm glad he made it(so far).

I'm wondering if they'll keep the kids on there, or if they're finding ways to get rid of them within the storyline, so they don't have the constraints of child actors(and the amount of time they can work per day).

18. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

Great show. I can understand the slow pacing, given the trauma that parents undergo when their children are in peril (although the more cynical side of me is saying "in an apocalypse, natural selection indicates that the weaker and dumber herd members get culled" and that's the kids).

Daryl continues to be awesome. Less standing around and praying, more looking for the girl!

Where the heck did the Vet manage to conjure up fresh-squeezed OJ? No such thing as grocery stores anymore, and they're too far north for orange groves. Hand Rick a glass of Gatorade, I'd buy that as realistic.

19. BigB08822

The OJ was probably frozen from concentrate? If it wasn't frozen then it really doesn't make sense.

20. AliasJohnDoe

"The Walking Dead" renewed for a 3rd season!!!!
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ampaign=Feed: Tvbythenumbers (TVbytheNumbers)

21. AliasJohnDoe

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  22. Lainerb

Lainerb New Member

Yes, the relationship between the three of them is not nearly as played out in the comic book series. There seems to be much more of a closer relationship between Shane and Rick in the TV series. Many of the settings have been different as well as the character traits.

23. rfisher

Intense, but not a lot happened to move the story along.

24. AliasJohnDoe

25. rfisher

Yeah. This will not end well for Shane.

26. BigB08822

I couldn't believe when they showed Shane doing that. Was it pure evil or just hatred for having shot the boy, even if by accident? I understand that you have to do what you have to do to survive but I didn't get the feeling that it was to that point yet. Maybe that was supposed to be the point but if so, the editing didn't really show me that.

27. DBZ

DBZ Well-Known Member

I think it wasn't about that.

It seemed pretty clear to me that Shane and Ottis would've made it.

I think Shane did what he did so he could return as a lone hero and get all the credit for saving Karl's life and, in turn, get back into Lori's good graces.

I'd say he accomplished what he wanted, now that Lori told him to "stay."

It's clear now he's willing to do anything to hold onto her, which doesn't bode well for Rick.

I mean, didn't Shane almost shoot Rick in the woods when he thought no one was watching? Yeah, dude definitely knows what he wants, and isn't going to let anything (or anyone) get in the way of him getting it.

28. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I missed the end of last night's episode. What did Shane do?

29. rfisher

Shot Otis in the leg, wrestled the backpack away from him and left him to be eaten alive by the zombies. He spun a very different story back at the house. He and Otis each had only one bullet between them. It's unclear if both would have made it to the truck alive as both were injured, but apparently Shane wasn't taking any chances that he'd survive.

30. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

My husband is also saying how slowly this season is moving, but remember, last season was only 6 episodes and they had a lot to pack into those 6 eps. With 13 eps this season, they can draw things out a little more.

I was shocked that Shane did that too, since it looked to me too they could have both made it, and Otis even said as much. And unless Shane confesses, no one is going to know what really happened. Poor Otis, at least he tried to fight Shane once he realized what was happening.