The Walking Dead Season 2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Satellitegirl, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

2. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

Re-watching the first 6 episodes from Season One now on AMC from 2:30pm - 9:00pm.

Can't wait for tonights premiere!!!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  3. AliasJohnDoe

4. Stormy

Stormy Well-Known Member

I have synchro tonight and I am going to miss it. :( We don't have a DVR, so I am hoping it gets up on On Demand fast. Mr Stormy and I rewatched Season 1 recently and are flipping back and forth between the marathon on now and the Patriots game.

What a phenominal show. AMC's got my three favorite shows....Walking Dead, Breaking Bad and Mad Men.

halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  5. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Amazing Race had better start on time. Plus the baseball game is on. So. I hope my brain can pay attention to three different things.

But I am excited for this!!! I'm hoping for lots of zombies and fewer stupid people! :)

6. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I acknowledge some of the people are stupid, but, um the zombies don't do much except lurch.

7. PrincessLeppard

Well, hopefully they lurch after the stupid people and then lunch on them.

8. rfisher

Note to self: if the zombies attack, do not drive down the freeway where all the idiots went. Take the backroads. And do not cut your own damn artery.

9. PrincessLeppard

The stupid moments have so far been limited. However, how far do they think this kid has traveled?

10. rfisher

Well, they were stupid for letting a kid walk up to a wild deer. A deer that would just stand there. Right. That was dumb.

11. PrincessLeppard

Without a bunch of humans around, though, wouldn't the deer have not been frightened?

Still, that was NOT what I thought was going to happen!

12. pat c

pat c Well-Known Member

I wasn't sure what the kid was trying to do, pet it?

In the wild, the deer would have taken off as soon as it saw you if you startled it. If it knows you're there, it knows and it would have kept it's distance. (shrug) kind of an odd way to end it.

13. rfisher

The deer would have bolted as soon as it saw movement or smelled them. There's other things besides humans that might eat it. I'm guessing the people who they run to found the girl.

14. AliasJohnDoe

My main thought on tonights episode:

I liked the way Andrea told Dale off about making her choices for her. Who is he to decide how people "choose" to end their life, and then act like some kind of savior who did her a favor. I felt exactly like Andrea...Dale was a self-righteous control freak who needed to mind his own business. And give Andrea her gun back...there are zombies wandering around everywhere!!!!

15. AliasJohnDoe

Post-premiere thoughts and what comes next:

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...g-dead-season-2-premiere-what-comes-next.html

This one made me laugh:

16. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

That's what I thought as well. No way would a deer stand there, and if it did, I wouldn't want a kid near it. It could have used its hooves to attack.

I liked Andrea's diatribe as well.

17. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I agree that it was really unbelievable that a deer would just stand there as a person walked up to it. However, I give them a break. I think this goes back to the Sheriff guy in the church asking for any kind of sign. Maybe this is God's way of putting them on the right track. You know the saying; "God works in mysterious ways."

I feel kind of psychic. When the episode began I was thinking that something was going to happen to one of the kids. I felt like it wasn't believable that they have never been in harms way (well, they have but you know what I mean...I think). Now we have one kid shot and the other missing. I didn't quite see it happening like that!

18. rfisher

I can accept the magic quiver that refills itself with metal tipped arrows and the guns which never run out of ammunition, but the sheriff's shirt that is always ironed is too much. Although, I guess it would be very helpful to have a self-ironing shirt if one is running around getting zombie gore on it all the time. And, I was :rofl: when the mighty hunter with a huge butcher knife had to stab the zombie multiple times to get to to its stomach. A bit of overkill on the gore considering people are able to gut an elephant with a stone knife.

19. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Or the deer could just have been a escapee from a petting zoo or something like that where it was already used to humans. LOL

20. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Yeah, that's it! Yeahhhhh....... *regains suspension of disbelief* :rofl:

21. AliasJohnDoe

Daryl re-collects the crossbow metal bolts after he shoots a zombie and if he's close enough, he just stabs them in the head with a steel cb bolt. I have a crossbow and compound bow. Not for hunting(I don't hunt anymore, I can't kill animals), but just for target shooting, and arrows are usually re-collected, even if someone is hunting usually. I love target shooting with crossbows and compound bows....no noise. And I have hundreds of each type bolts/arrows.

I'm just surprised more of them aren't using a crossbow or compound bow. They don't make noise and won't attract the zombies.

I agree about the sherrifs uniform though, always seems to be blood-free and pressed/clean. :lol:

22. BigB08822

Why hasn't anyone found a damn silencer? That's what I want to know.

23. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

ahahha, no kidding.

And that's true about Daryl. Last night he collected the bolt he shot.

24. BigB08822

He's collected almost all of them. Go back and watch season 1. He shoots the bow and always goes back to pull it out of them, giving them a chance to ick us out with more nasty sounds. :lol:

25. AliasJohnDoe

26. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

27. BigB08822

Good for them! They certainly went all out with promotion. The Walking Dead was on Netflix streaming, Red Box and repeating on AMC. I had never seen a single episode until this past weekend and now I am totally on board. Their campaign clearly worked.

28. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Ah! But he looks soooo delicious in it! :p

29. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

This atheist wanted the deer moment to be a sign where God's sign is that "there is still beauty in this world". A moment to inspire the men to be strong and keep going. And then the kid gets shot in the chest... :mad:

This makes sense. They need to keep whatever will keep them safe. Daryl redeemed himself to me a bit in this episode. I wanted the Sherriff to tell Daryl that he was glad they were with him (mainly to encourage him to be his helpful self rather than his a**hat self!) :D

By the way, what did people think of the "Talking Dead" aftershow? I set the DVR wrong, so only caught the last five minutes. Thought it was a letdown, with the two guests talking over top of the host... :(

30. BigB08822

Oh, one other problem I have! How easily can one catch this zombie virus? I ask because they hack up these zombies and blood gets everywhere. If it landed on an open wound or got in their eye, would they catch it? If you can get it from a scratch or a bite then it sounds like it is very easy to catch, easier than HIV, for example. I just find it odd that they would want to cut open a zombie and dig around in its body even if they did have some gloves on. They got blood on them, for sure.