"The Walking Dead": Any fans here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterG

Yeah, I was jotting things down while watching the show to post in this thread and things just got stupider and stupider. It's like the worst-written show ever. But there have been good times...hasn't there??? :(

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
I thought the first three episodes were good (if you can handwave what a terrible idea it was to have a walker parade), and I even thought the Morgan/goat episode was good, just misplaced. But the Schrodinger's Glenn just pissed me off, and I think a lot of the audience, and then you had everyone acting out of character and things just got really bad. Like Fear the Walking Dead bad. WTF.

S

SmallFairy

Has everyone on this damn show lost their mind? Carol and Morgan fighting over the wolf; Denise just watching the wolf untie himself; Tara, Rosita and Eugene just handing their weapons over; Ron trying to kill Carl and then Carl covering for him; no one making Sam turn the f*cking music off; no one telling Sam to shut the f*ck up as they left the house; and THEN Daryl, Abraham and Sasha GETTING OUT OF THE TRUCK. Just run them over. JFC.

I'm already over the Negan storyline and all we've gotten is a preview.

This x infinity!

Abraham just got his hands on the most kick-ass weapons ever, and then....he don't shoot???? I want to use all the capslock in the world!

And not only are the writers stupid, they have lost control over all the persons they have to deal with and give screen time on regular basis. I dislike strongly when they focus on a character, and then they just forget about him. Where did Spencer go? And more important? Where's Aaron? What's he been up to latey? Didn't he have a boyfriend? Where's he? They let Glen live just to wander around with Enid? Has Darryl done anything useful at all this season? (Slow driving on motorbike is not useful)

Rock2

I'm worried TWD will become like Dexter and go on for 2-3 more seasons than it should. The ridiculous factor may get amped up a few notches.

We'll see...

PrincessLeppard

I'm worried that "Is or isn't Glenn dead" might be the moment the show lost its way.

I will defer judgment until this season ends, though.

S

SmallFairy

We are very worried before Monday. (It airs Monday in Norway). If they don't get their act together QUICK, me and hubby will both start cheering for the zombies instead.

PeterG

I've been thinking that The Walking Dead is becoming like The Lord of the Rings movies. Walk, walk, walk, fight, fight, fight. Rinse and repeat. At this point in the story, people need to be growing food, raising livestock and thinking about how to manufacture medicines for when people get seriously ill. And all that kind of stuff...sustainability. Everybody should be starting to look thinner and thinner at this point in the story as well! :lol:

Marco

I read the comic story line on Wiki and was not impressed. I hope they make enough changes to it to make it interesting / exciting.

FWIW, I feel there are too many useless characters taking up too much time on the show.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Carl :wuzrobbed: Eugene decided to fight. Glen saves Maggie. Morgan finally gets his head out of his ass and realizes you can't save the zombies. And the cavalry saves Glen. Again.

Last edited:

PrincessLeppard

For the next in-service i have to suffer through, I think we should kill zombies. Seems to bring people together.

Marco

I think the moral of the story is that you can't be soft-hearted.

- Carl didn't tell on Ron after Ron pointing a gun in his face, and Ron shot him in the eye (or would have killed him if Michonnne wans't so quick);

- Jessie didn't force Sam to stay with Gabriel and Judith, and this essentially killed all three of them (then who knows, if he started crying while with Gabriel, perhaps he would have abandoned him for his/ Judith's sake);

- The Wolf made it to the other side but came back for the lady (whose name just escaped me sorry), and he got bit;

- Stupid Morgan and Gabriel toughened up, and they actually made it out unscathed.

I am so glad to see Jessie and sons dead, even more so than seeing the Wolf dead. The Wolf guy might be crazy, but he at least was trying to survive. The delusional three caused so much trouble in Episode 8 and 9 even though they had no capability whatsoever. Having said that, this was a nice echo of Carol's threat to him last season :LOL:

I initially thought the leader of the bike gang WAS Negan, and was surprised that he died. Turns out no - Negan is still to come... and Glenn's fate is still unknown. (But come on, he has had 2 lucky breaks this season already...)

When Morgan saw the zombified Wolf, I know they were trying to echo a previous scene, but I think it would have been much more satisfying to see him actually poke through the Wolf's head, instead of just see him wack its head like in the previous scene.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
I enjoyed the episode. Alexandrians UNITED!!!

1. But...I sort of expected at least one character to die during the zombie slaughter. My choice would have been Aaron's boyfriend (I want Aaron with Daryl :D).

2. Eugene, Father Gabriel and Olivia can start a zombie kill count!!!

3. Jessie and her annoying sons are gone. And I'm OK with that!!!

4. Did Carol set a timer for the casserole in the oven before killing the Wolf and joining the slaughter?

berthesghost

I think the moral of the story is that you can't be soft-hearted.
well if this isn't the heavy handed theme they've been hitting us over the head with since season 1, I don't know what is!
I'm starting to agree with tlo, the whole "in order to survive, you've got to be a huge dick" theme is suffocating. Alexandria could have been a new start, but instead it's just the prison take 2. In fact, the farm, the prison, even terminus were all secure until Rick showed up. Seriously, if I had a fence this guy would be barred from entering my yard! Nothing seems to fell a fort quicker than letting Rick inside it :p

viennese

wrecked
I wanted to step outside a moment when Sam the annoying child got bit - just to hear if my whole neighborhood was cheering. But it was minus 10 degrees.

Good to see the Alexandrians get aggressive on the zombies and defend their village.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Um, I don't think terminus was very secure. :lol: I guess it depended on whether you were being eaten or doing the eating. The farm was on borrowed time. They kept zombies in the freaking barn. How long was that going to be secure???? The prison was fine until the Governor showed up. And Alexandria was also on borrowed time. The Alexandria people who actually went outside the walls knew what the real world was like. It was those who sat behind their pretty houses and pretended the world was fine who were the problem. There is no safe place.

This episode was really true to the comic this time. If Negan is true to the comic, then you haven't seen anything yet. He makes the Governor look like a sweetheart.

Rock2

LOL I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only heartless soul who kept shouting to the TV for someone to eat that kid every time he appeared in a scene. I didn't know if they would actually go there and show that, so I was a little shocked (OK, impressed) when they did.

The rocket launcher was great fun. Random and cheesy but great fun.

I'm terrible with character names but I'm really warming up the massive redhead dude. I want to see his character develop.

Rock2

PS, this past fall I started watching the show and obviously binged-watched my way to current state. I have to say this 'one ep per week' nonsense isn't really working for me .... * sigh *

Marco

This episode was really true to the comic this time. If Negan is true to the comic, then you haven't seen anything yet. He makes the Governor look like a sweetheart.

I like Glenn but I can't help but feel like they are purposely setting him up with these narrow escapes just so he could die tragically when Negan shows.

On the other hand, I am also hoping that staying true to the comic on Carl's eye means they don't have to stay true for some of the other stories...

WildRose

They had me shouting at my TV again when Glen was surrounded by Walkers - apparently I still haven't gotten over last season. Loved the show opening LOL and I have to admit I wasn't terrible unhappy to see the 2 boys go.

Japanfan

I have to admit I wasn't terrible unhappy to see the 2 boys go.

I feel the same. Ron was a sociopath in-the-making, and Sam is the type of child about whom one would say: "You'll be among the first to die in the Zombie apocalypse". :p

But I found it hard to believe that Jessie was such an idiot that she didn't force Sam to go with Father Gabriel, especially since she's been showing some mettle in recent episodes. I was looking forward to a sweet romance between her and Rick.

This is a kid who is afraid to leave his bedroom! He was bound to panic walking through a field of zombies.

Loved when Daryl fired the rocket launcher!

rfisher

Let the skating begin
But if Sam had gone with Gabriel, Judith would have been zombie food. Better that he just cost Carl an eye and took his mother and brother with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information