"The Walking Dead": Any fans here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
Why don't they spend more time killing the zombies "safely" through the prison fences and jail bars? They could clear out so many more instead of risky hand to hand.

Not sure why they didn't let the last 2 prisoners join the group. Are they going to turn away everyone they meet now?

I'm sure they could have found a portable generator or 2 to use on occasion. Better hand weapons/crossbows. They aren't very good at scavenging.

I really don't like Carl. Can't he go and get himself lost for a few seasons.

kwanatic

What do the fans who haven't read the comics think of this season so far?

I've heard things here and there about what happens in the comics but I've never read them. I think the comic book fans are getting a treat because (from what I understand) it's the same characters from the comic book and some of the same circumstances, but some of the outcomes are different. Almost like it's a parallel universe to the comics...that's what I've heard anyway.

For me, I'm loving this season. I know some people thought season 2 moved too slow (I disagree, I loved it!) but this one has definitely picked up the pace.

I am most impressed with Rick's character. I love it when you can see the change in a character as they go through things and it's obvious from season 1 (when he was running back to Atlanta to save Merle) to now (where he's hatcheting legs and machete-ing live people in the head) that Rick is hardened and has been changed quite a bit. I'm sure at some point the change will catch up to him and cause him some grief, but for the most part he's had to adapt to this harsh and unforgiving world...and it's made him somewhat harsh and unforgiving.

Last season he wanted to keep everyone safe but was reluctant to make the tough decisions and it usually came back to bite him. He's not taking any chances this season and I like it! I used to look at Shane and think, "that's the guy you don't want to f*** with" but now I look at Rick and I'm like, "no, that's the guy you really don't want to f*** with!" I mean, Shane never macheted a guy in the head in front of everyone! That was intense! But when he did it, I cheered. It's obvious that Tomas guy was a true killer; and after he tried to kill Rick twice in 10 seconds, what other choice did he have? I think Tomas assumed Rick didn't have it in him...that's why he didn't even move during their little standoff. Boy was he wrong. And then the way Rick chased the other guy out into the yard full of walkers and left him...yeah, our boy has definitely changed. I feel sorry for the two prisoners in block D; I think they would have been okay to join the group but at the same time, you can't trust anyone.

I'm glad Hershel is okay but I'm wondering what kind of a liability he'll be now with the one leg...and as for Lori and her zombaby, it will be interesting to see what happens with that. I love how Rick shut her down at the end! Lori aggravates me. I don't like her.

I am enjoying the season so far. This is probably the best new show I've added to my extensive list of shows in quite a while. Can't wait til next Sunday!

PeterG

Great episode tonight. Lots of interesting stuff happened, they sure moved the plot along. And I was okay having a week off of the Bickersons. As much as I love (to hate) them! :lol:

Some questions:

1. Why/how do walkers keep moving towards humans? Do they go on sense of smell? Sound?

2. It's been over a year since the whole zombie thing started (did we find out how it all started...we began with Rick waking up out of a coma,right?) - haven't all the zombies been killed off by now? And how do zombies survive anyway...human flesh/blood? (Isn't there a limited supply of that out there?)

3. I know that Merle had a gun pointed at the heads of Andrea and Michonne, but did they not think that warning Merle that a zombie was coming up behind him might bite them in the a** (if he survived that zombie)? Or were they hoping the zombie would kill Merle and they would escape. Because if I was Merle now...I'd be holding a grudge.

4. Has anyone in the history of television over-acted as much as Danai Gurira as Michonne? :eek:

5. What the heck is up with that final scene of the Govenor's decapitated head collection? :yikes: And the head at the top...the camera seemed to linger on that one as if it held special importance. Is that something we need to learn about later, or did I miss something?

Spazactaz

This show is soooooo hyped, so I started it. Halfway through season 1... and it's so far the SLOWEST show I have ever seen. Nothing happens! Am told it gets much better though so I'll keep watching. :p

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
Great episode tonight. Lots of interesting stuff happened, they sure moved the plot along. And I was okay having a week off of the Bickersons. As much as I love (to hate) them! :lol:

Some questions:

1. Why/how do walkers keep moving towards humans? Do they go on sense of smell? Sound?

2. It's been over a year since the whole zombie thing started (did we find out how it all started...we began with Rick waking up out of a coma,right?) - haven't all the zombies been killed off by now? And how do zombies survive anyway...human flesh/blood? (Isn't there a limited supply of that out there?)

3. I know that Merle had a gun pointed at the heads of Andrea and Michonne, but did they not think that warning Merle that a zombie was coming up behind him might bite them in the a** (if he survived that zombie)? Or were they hoping the zombie would kill Merle and they would escape. Because if I was Merle now...I'd be holding a grudge.

4. Has anyone in the history of television over-acted as much as Danai Gurira as Michonne? :eek:

5. What the heck is up with that final scene of the Govenor's decapitated head collection? :yikes: And the head at the top...the camera seemed to linger on that one as if it held special importance. Is that something we need to learn about later, or did I miss something?

1. Sound, sight, smell. Remember season 1 in Atlanta, they covered themselves with walker blood and guts to mask their smell.

2. They never really said how it started, and the CDC guy wasn't much help in explaining much. I believe on last nights episode, they mentioned zombies starve at a much slower rate than humans. Super slow rate.

3. Not sure what to make of Merle yet. Hoping for some flashbacks after he cut off his hand.

4. Tanith Belbin - when she makes an "O" face.
(Michonne is very quiet and untrusting. A lot has happened to Michonne and her back story.)

5. The head in the top glass was the pilot they found. They must have killed him too.
I don't want to spoil too much about the comics governor.

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
This show is soooooo hyped, so I started it. Halfway through season 1... and it's so far the SLOWEST show I have ever seen. Nothing happens! Am told it gets much better though so I'll keep watching. :p

Season 1 is only 6 episodes. And it was fast-paced with good action and story.

Season 2 is 13 episodes but did get a little slow during the farm stay. it picked up quick in the second half of the season.

Season 3 so far has been fast-paced. It will have 16 episodes. (8 in the fall 2012 and 8 in the spring of 2013)

ETA: I hope you keep watching and give it a chance. It's my favorite show on TV. Followed by "American Horror Story" and "True Blood" and "Dexter".

BigB08822

My bf has this theory that the Governor is brewing the zombies and drinking it in that tea. They made special mention of the tea and sure went out of their way to show multiple cups of tea poured at breakfast. If that is true then EWWWW but I can't put anything past this show/comic. I really want someone to tell me what exactly is up with the Governor but I know I should let it play out and enjoy the show.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I don't think anyone could tell you exactly what's up with the Governor as they've changed it up quite a bit from the novels. I think the core character is the same, but they are taking things in a different direction. The producers and writers said they wanted to keep it interesting for those who've read the comics. I read this chapter and it's going to be interesting to see what they do decide to keep.

Japanfan

The governor is a psychopath and Andrea is sweet on him. She's a cool tough chick, but her taste in men is really questionable - Shane at least was the maniac you could see. This guy is the worst kind of creep because no one figures out he's a creep until it's too late.

kwanatic

This was a slower episode and I missed kick-ass Rick and Daryl, but boy do they know how to end with a bang! This is one of the few shows that can literally make my jaw drop. That governor (scene with the soldiers and the zombie head aquarium wall) had my jaw on the floor for the last 10 minutes of the show. What is that guy's deal? Are the people in that town really clueless as to what's going on?

I thought it was cool they were using the Teavana teamaker. I have one of those :) I do think there's something up with that tea though...it'd be gross if they were grinding up zombies and drinking them but that guy is a nutcase so I wouldn't put it past them. Something tells me his scientist/tea maker is going to be the one to spill the beans on the Governor.

Next episode is going to be good. I wonder who is causing problems at the prison? I don't think it's the two guards in cell block D...they just don't seem like the type to pick a fight Rick and the others. It must be someone else...perhaps it's the person who was watching Carol practice a C-section on the zombie?

Can't wait til Sunday!

PeterG

Are the people in that town really clueless as to what's going on?

I think they have a clue, but are turning a blind eye. On the outside, chances are you'd be on the run, starving or dead. In Woodbury, they have all their basic needs and more met. So they look the other way so that they have security...and life.

Clytie

I was so excited to watch the show live but apparently it was an only free for October promotion! Ugh- now have to wait to download and watch which is not the same. So far the show is so much more exciting than last year at the farm. Love there is more zombies and a heightened sense of danger. I am liking Michonne even if she does'nt say much. It will be interesting to see the Ricktatorship clash with the Governor's Woodbury. Like someone on another board said they are like the bizarro versions of each other. I just wish I could watch live :(

And yes Andrea has horrible taste in men!

Last edited:

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
Geez. I finally catch up on the show and another of my favorite characters is dead. Or a zombie. Whatever.

Please let Lori be a martyr. I find her annoying.

hirshey girl

Whoa, that episode was intense!! :eek: Poor T-Dog finally got to speak this season and they kill him. I confess that I am not going to miss Lori though.

susan6

Wow. Way to (sort of) redeem Lori. Maggie (or whoever the actress is playing her) was brilliant this episode. Too bad about T-dawg, but he was never much of an active character. I wonder if Carol is actually dead or just hiding somewhere.

BigB08822

That episode was AMAZING. I have wanted Lori dead for a long time and yet they still had me crying for her. What a scene. I am super curious to see how Carl handles this. Clearly Rick isn't taking it well and will probably have a ton of guilt to carry around. I bet Carol is hiding.

martian_girl

Good God, Andrea is an idiot! :wall:

And while we were robbed of a zombie baby, I'm glad they finally offed Lori. But RIP T-Dog. :wuzrobbed

BigB08822

Andrea is an idiot but at the same time I don't think she has the choice of whether or not to leave. It doesn't seem like the Governor (Phillip?) let's people come and go as they please. She might think she decided to stay but he would have stopped her from leaving one way or another is my guess. Now, Michone, I don't know. He doesn't seem to care for her and probably wouldn't mind letting her go on her way so long as she leaves them be.

PeterG

Why is Andrea an idiot? For having doubts about leaving a community where she is safe and all her basic needs are met? For questionning leaving and going back to a world of hunger, danger and potential death? Keep in mind, she has no reason to think that the Govenor is some sort of freak...she has no idea about things that we have seen.

At the beginning of the episode, the deer is dragged back to the prison and hung up, with the deer's heart left at a gateway. We weren't shown who did this, right? Was it our gang making a safe route to the outside world? (But hadn't they been outside to get the deer?) :confused:

I don't get the group's priorities. They are collecting firewood instead of getting rid of each and every zombie that exists within the prison? :huh: I would have thought that would have been priority number one. (And priority #2 and #3, really...safety first!) While they get rid of all the zombies, they would explore the prison until they knew every square inch like the back of their hand. Which would allow them to know what resources are (and are not) available to them. To have stumbled upon that big room of food was stupid luck instead of smart strategy.

And I still think that Danai Gurira's portrayal of Michonne is one of the greatest examples of horrible acting/directing in all of television. If Michonne thinks the Govenor is dangerous...what a stupid choice to make her concers so obvious. You never let your enemy know what you're thinking. Especially when you're outnumbered in such staggering numbers. Michonne would make the world's worst poker player.

So we ended the episode with Carol unaccounted for...and Axel (the strawberry blonde prisoner left in his own cell block with Oscar) - not sure where he ended up...

BigB08822

Someone brought the deer and the heart to attract zombies. They left the gate open so the zombies would go into the prison. The gang had indeed cleared the entire place of zombies but this person brought them back in. I THINK the person responsible was the one in the generator room but would not be totally shocked to find out it was someone else and that the prisoner in there was just a red herring. It seemed like a lot of build up to have this guy only be shown for 10 seconds and then shot dead.

I agree about Michonne being quite dreadful. Isn't she new to acting? She is just way too harsh. I think she is being directed this way, though. She just doesn't have the talent to pull it off.

Andrea isn't an idiot for wanting to stay, she is an idiot for falling for a complete lunatic. No, she hasn't seen what we have but even when she does she will still want to be with him. Just watch (not a spoiler, I'm just being overly confident, lol).

AliasJohnDoe

Headcase Addict
Another great episode to season 3!!!!

I wanted to see Lori as a zombie for a few episodes...... I was robbed. :wuzrobbed

Japanfan

Why is Andrea an idiot?

She's not an idiot, but she does get attracted to very dangerous men.

At the beginning of the episode, the deer is dragged back to the prison and hung up, with the deer's heart left at a gateway. We weren't shown who did this, right? Was it our gang making a safe route to the outside world? (But hadn't they been outside to get the deer?) :confused:

Presumably Andrew - having somehow survived the herd outside the prison - found another way into and out of the prison.

I don't get the group's priorities. They are collecting firewood instead of getting rid of each and every zombie that exists within the prison? :huh: I would have thought that would have been priority number one. (And priority #2 and #3, really...safety first!) While they get rid of all the zombies, they would explore the prison until they knew every square inch like the back of their hand. Which would allow them to know what resources are (and are not) available to them. To have stumbled upon that big room of food was stupid luck instead of smart strategy.

Not much time has elapsed, perhaps only days. It's a big prison. And they need to cook their food and possible stay warm. And of course, the newborn is going to need his/her daily bath. :)

One absent priority that has been bothering me for quite some time is the failure to make bows and arrows, or scavenge more crossbows or swords. Those guns can handle seemingly unlimited amo at times. And the noise issue of guns is ever-present, so why not focus on building a stash of alternative weapons? They do use other weapons, true, but still way to many guns.

If Michonne thinks the Govenor is dangerous...what a stupid choice to make her concers so obvious. You never let your enemy know what you're thinking. Especially when you're outnumbered in such staggering numbers. Michonne would make the world's worst poker player.

I found that stupid as well.

kwanatic

I'm still in shock over that episode! There was just so much going on!

RIP to Lori and T-Dog. I've never liked Lori but I'm glad she went out in a somewhat redeeming way...but DAMN! what a terrible way to go! T-Dog went out a hero too. They were my least favorite characters but I'm sad to see them go.

Poor Carl..I think he's completely traumatized but he handled it. Rick is devastated and appears to be slightly catatonic in the next episode. I think he may realize it's partially his fault this happened. The person who led all the zombies in and opened the gate was Andrew, the guy he locked out in the yard. If Rick had shot him, none of it would have happened...granted he left the guy for dead and who would have thought he'd survive, but still...in a round-about way, a portion of the blame goes to Rick and I think that's going to eat away at him.

How about Hershel smacking zombies with his crutches! Awesome...

I like the new guys...I think they'll be decent additions to the group. Lose two, gain two...*sadness*

I hope Carol's okay...it'd suck if T-Dog died for nothing. *more sadness*

As for Andrea, I don't blame her for wanting to stay in Woodbury. They're safe, have food, shelter, etc. so I get why she's not in a hurry to be rid of the place. The problem is she's so comfortable she's not questioning anything. Michonne seems to be a distrustful person by nature and she can sense something is up and she's right, but yeah...poker face. Don't take all of your suspicions and throw them at the Governor...smile say thanks and leave!

I really didn't think they'd kill Lori off but it does show no one's safe...but Rick, Darryl, Glenn and Maggie better be safe! Those are my favorites...PLEASE DON'T KILL THEM!

BigB08822

Oh, Rick is absolutely at fault. He left that guy out there to die in a horrible way. He could have at least left him in a certain part of the prison or just killed him with a gun (which is showing mercy in this world). Rick played God and it bit him, hard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information