The Voice

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Apr 27, 2011.

1. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

AI is dead to me. I really hope they get enough ratings to knock AI out of the market.

2. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I agree. I've already set my tivo for this show.

3. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

That's either the second or third time they've turned around at the exact same time.

I'm not really crazy about any of these people as far as their music goes, but I'm liking them as judges quite a bit.

4. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

I still watch AI but I hope The Voice gets fantastic ratings. I'm not expecting huge ratings tonight but I hope word of mouth propells them in the coming weeks. A lot of people on Facebook are saying this is a better show.

5. rfisher

The mentors are cracking me up.

6. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this guy with the guitar. OMG, I'd buy his album tomorrow. I just got teary listening to him sing! *sniffle* :swoon:

7. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

Oh my god these judges are killing me. :lol: I love how you don't need to be a teenager to be a good singer.

8. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I agree - a good mix of people.

9. rfisher

All the singers are incredibly talented. This is going to be so much fun to watch them improve. The competitive spirit between the mentors should really push them to push their teams to be awesome.

10. rfisher

I can't wait to see what they're going to do with this woman. :lol:

11. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Yay! Beverly gets picked! I love that song so much! I think she needs to work on simplifying a little though.

12. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Beverly is awesome. Is middle America ready for a bald lesbian? :D

13. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

I love that the audition rounds aren't dragged out.

14. rfisher

Who knew Xtina was snarky! Can't wait till next week.

15. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

And they're not showing tons of "bad" acts just for fun.

16. Aaron W

Aaron W New Member

This show is an all around winner. Not only do they have some good singers, they also have Adam Levine! :grope:

17. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

OMG! He is so fine. I've heard he is an A+ asshole but who gives a feck when you look like that.

18. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Man, I'm torn with him. He's incredibly hot, but I can't think of a single nice thing I've heard about him.

19. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

I actually enjoyed watching that. I might even watch next week.

20. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Glad it's repeating, as my complete attention were on a couple of important Playoff Hockey Games tonight. Really want to see this, as it looks like a really interesting premise, but reading everyone's comments on tonight has made me want to watch it more. :)

21. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

Do Cee-Lo and Adam turn around at the exact same moment with every contestant? It seems that way.

I've really enjoyed the quality of the singers and the mentors look pretty good.

22. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Darn! I didn't even watch the entire show and I've been sucked in. The judges/mentors kick AI's butt. They are so much fun. I hope it stays that way.

Adam sure does know how to sell himself. Let's see if he can deliver.

23. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

He sure does. I didn't expect the country guy or the girl who did "Come As You Are" to pick him. I get the CAYA girl's explanation, but it still surprised me a little. Country guy definitely surprised me. I think it's just an example of someone so hot that they just get their way most of the time.

24. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I loved this show from the very first moments. Seriously, that was a great version of "Crazy", that highlighted all the of the judges very well. Whee!!

Screw AI (and even SYTYCD, a little bit) - so happy to ONLY see people with real talent auditioning. No wasting the time of the audience or the judges with people who should have never been let in the front door. :cheer2: Were there only 3 people who didn't get picked? Rocker dad of 6 with a past (I actually liked him a lot), the 56 year old (her voice was great but that was the wrong song) and....someone else???

Favorites were Vicci Martinez (Tacoma represent!!! She plays in Seattle a lot), the Come As You Are girl, the 16 year old shy girl, the guy who first got all 4 to turn around (Jeff?), Tye, and the Cyndi Lauper song guy. I didn't not like anyone, although I thought the couple was the weakest of those who got through and Frenchie picked a terrible song. I thought she was not going to get chosen. I liked Beverly's personality so much, but the performance was a complete Melissa Etheridge 2005 Grammys ripoff, and I worry that she doesn't have much versatility. I do love that she went with Xtina, though.

Judges are great. They are all very articulate about why they want who they chose - and Cee-Lo is incredibly savvy in his choices. I'm not yet sold on the 2nd round format, but I'm willing to stick with it because this is fun. Can't wait for next week!

25. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Genuinely talented people getting appropriate feedback from people who actually have standing in the industry. Who knew??? This is staying on my TiVo.

26. Aaron W

Aaron W New Member

Looks like the show did reasonably well.

NBC's 'Idol' rival 'The Voice' debuts huge

27. cailuj365

cailuj365 Well-Known Member

I really like this! I love the judges and thought the contestants were all quite good. My favorite was Javier (Time after Time). His voice was sooooo good. I also liked the girl who sang Breakeven. I was hoping that Adam would turn around, but he didn't and she ended up choosing Blake.

28. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Rats I missed it. I need to get the DVR set.

29. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I have a feeling its ratings will only go up since word of mouth is VERY good with this.

30. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

It repeats again tonight on NBC, and then on Saturday at 6 on E!