The Voice - Who'd you like tonight?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by haribobo, May 1, 2012.

?

Who'd you like?

1. Erin Willett

21.4%
  2. Jamar Rogers

35.7%
  3. Chris Mann

42.9%
  4. Tony Lucca

28.6%
  5. Jermaine Paul

28.6%
  6. Lindsey Pavao

42.9%
  7. Juliet Simms

71.4%
  8. Katrina Parker

75.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Who were your faves on the night?
  2. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

are you adding a pole or can i write a haiku
  3. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Like you ever let a haiku-writing opportunity pass you by!!!
  4. John 3 17

John 3 17 Well-Known Member

Katrina, Jamar, and Erin :)

-Bridget
  5. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

katrina my fave
    but adam does not agree
    like juliet too
  6. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

It was an entertaining show. The only one that I don't "get" is Lindsay... I'm not into angsty singers.
  7. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

I'm halfway through the show and here's my rankings:

10/10 Tony Lucca (liked the weird, funky moves...only performer so far to make me want to watch instead of only listen)

5/10 Jamar Rogers - so much better than last week, which was excruciatingly horrid. He pretty much sounded like he could even sing tonight! :lol:

4/10 Erin Willett - don't know if she let her emotions overtake her singing, but she missed too many notes... The worst she's ever done. :(

x/10 Chris Mann - I hate this sh**. If he was on a telethon, I would have fast-forwarded his performance and probably the one that followed it in case it might have been similar. But he sang well, really well, so I'm not marking him, but he probably deserves an 8 or 9 - can't remember any errors...

:40beers:
  8. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

And the rest:

9.9/10 - Katrina Parker. She didn't get a 10 because Tony already took that spot. Plus his performance was much more exciting. Can't figure out why Tony isn't doing better in the poll... :huh:

9/10 - Juliet Simms. Good grade considering I think that song is a sexist piece of ****! :lol:

7/10 - Lindsey Pavao. Hate the will-o-the-wisp girly singing, but she did nail that performance. Not sure why people pick songs that no one has ever heard before... :confused:

4/10 - Jermaine Paul. Know your limitations. Some of those screeches would have sounded better with a classroom of kids running their fingernails down multiple chalkboards! :lol:
  9. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I prefer songs I haven't heard before to songs that everyone knows that are done so closely to the known arrangement that it's impossible not to compare the performance to the original (or in some case cover) artist's.

It can definitely backfire, though - there's little or no existing fan base that could end up voting for the song choice, or who might overlook some performance flaws because they are hearing the version they know along with the contestant's.
  10. taf2002

taf2002 Well-Known Member

I started out not really behind Tony & now he's one of my favs. But he opens his mouth too wide when he sings which might be off-putting to some. OTOH Phillip Phillips makes weird faces when he sings & nobody seems to mind.
  11. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

I voted for my favorite from each team, but I liked everyone except Jamar.
  12. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

I've had Skinny Love on my playlist for a long time. It's my favourite Bon Iver song. I guess its obscurity in NA is one reason that Bon Iver won the bizarre Grammy for best new artist.

Lindsey will appeal to the Indie vote. As if any Indie fans would be voters...
  13. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

True, sometimes we discover new artists through contestant's song choices. Bon Iver is just not my thing, though. :( (I probably prefer Unskinny Bop over Skinny Love...) :D

Tony needs to do what he does to sound as good as he does. However...nothing PP can do will ever help him! (I've been butting out of the AI threads because of him...don't wreck this thread for me too! :lol:)
  14. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Harumph. Just got home to watch the Voice and after the undeniable chemistry between Dia Frampton and Kid Cudi, the picture stopped and stayed in that spot for the next 50 minutes! As if there was some chill in the studio and everything just froze right up! :mad: It's not my DVR, because Fashion Star kicked into gear at the 1:00 mark (I always set it to record for an extra five minutes in case a show runs long). So I have no idea what happened tonight! :soapbox: