The Voice: Top Six and Melanie has Blue Hair

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Gee, Melanie is only 17? Who knew? I had no idea that in the history of the world, there was never ever a singer younger than Melanie. (Just ignore Xtina sitting right there.)

I really hate this song. I hate the staging even more. I agree with what Blake is trying to say: it should have worked, but didn't.

Love Xtina calling Melanie out and I think those would have been great choices for her. I swear, she's just complimenting the stage manager to give her time to think of something nice to say.

Melanie might be in trouble--her reactions have not earned her any favors (IMO) and she appears to take herself way too seriously.

2. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i will wet myself if carson brings out jerry for a bow

3. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

:rofl:

4. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Cassadee is far too generic for me, but I have a real feeling that she's going to win

5. rfisher

Adam went off on Honey Boo Boo in an interview with GQ. He thinks the parents are idiots.

6. my little pony

ita and ita

i have no idea why people like her so much. plus her tattoo looks like a flesh eating bacteria.

7. my little pony

was that ever in doubt? even if some people like the show, they must admit that the entire family looks like the cast of "the hills have eyes"

dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Matryeshka

I really liked her audition and her battle, but I've liked her less every week since. I think of all the great female singers that have been on this show, and we're left with Cassadee and Melanie, and it makes me mad. Or it would make me mad, if I cared about this season enough to get that emotional. I like that the Voice is willing to experiment with the format, but looking back on the season as a whole, I don't think it worked.

9. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Just bought Nick's "Over the Rainbow". That was sublime.

10. rfisher

Nick :swoon: he's like a fine glass of smooth whiskey. I just listen without watching. I love that song and that was an interesting arrangement.

11. my little pony

whose birthday is it? mr beans? does he know jerry from backstage?

12. Alixana

Alixana who is on vacation!!

I'm about 1/2 hr behind the live show and Melanie is ruining The Show. Love the song but it's supposed to be sung tongue in cheek by someone with crappy life experience NOT the Sesame Street version. Geez.

13. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Loved how we didn't hear anything else from XTina after she snarked at Bow Peep. :lol:

14. rfisher

PML I love Blake Shelton. I'm dying at his opening number on his Xmas special.

:rofl: frozen pee pants :rofl:

15. Matryeshka

When Melanie was 17, she had a bow and the leftovers of Katy Perry's smurf dye.

When Xtina was a 17, she was serenading you on pitch with a range of over an octave to rub her the right way.

tlk and (deleted member) like this.
  16. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

I know its not the voice.. but just had to add.. I'm watching Blake Sheltons xmas special and must admit.. except for the opening its really good.. hes a good actor.. did a scene with little kids that was hilarious.. and has Kelly Clarkson is on.. which is great.. she looks fab by the way..

17. rfisher

Being on the Voice has really brought out Blake's natural comedic timing. He's really funny. And Kelly does look great.

18. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

My rankings...

1. Amanda- Here I Go Again and Trevin- And I'm Telling you I'm Not Going
    3. Cassadee- I'm With You
    4. Terry- I Want to Know What Love Is
    5. Amanda- Natural Woman
    6. Nicholas- Over the Rainbow
    7. Cassadee- Stand
    8. Terry- Stay With Me
    9. Melanie- Crazy, The Show
    11. Trevin- Walking on Sunshine, Nick- September

So I'd give Amanda the win for the night and Cassadee 2nd. It's tough for the rest because Trevin was just treacle on the first song and amazing on the 2nd, same for Nick but I didn't think his 2nd was really that amazing. Terry's 2nd song was actually a little dull (compared to Skylar from Idol especially) and could send him home. The first for him was really nicely done. Melanie gets the award for most fun looking contestant of the night, but she really has to go now. For her "changing it up" is doing the exact same thing to every song, and tonight was probably her worst on the show so hopefully the votes reflect that....although I have enjoyed her at times in the past quite a bit. CeeLo sure picked some stinkers for his singers tonight- its as if he's trying to get them voted off! Adam looked really sexy. I'd like 5 minutes of the show reserved for Xtina sings Fiona Apple next week...

19. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

To me Nick won the night because both of his performances were really good. IMO you can't say the same of anyone else. But Ceelo could have picked a better song for him. That was the problem of a lot of tonight's songs.

I didn't like either of Cassaddee's. She bores me.

There is something about Amanda that really rubs me the wrong way. It's more than confidence, it's more like hubris. That said, she is really good although I didn't like her 2nd performance.

Blake's pick for Terry was better than his own pick. Both songs are a little over-used but I really liked his 2nd performance.

Was Ceelo out of his mind? Walking On Sunshine for Trevin? To start with it's a crappy song, it's really old, & it doesn't suit him. Trevin sang the 2nd song beautifully.

I liked Melanie's pick for herself but I think it was an epic fail on Adam's part to give her "The Show" which didn't suit her voice & then to arrange it in a peppy way which is not her & then to allow that horrible staging. I couldn't believe Christina actually complimented the staging that would have better suited some kid's show.

20. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's the Cassadee who is getting tons of votes and Itunes downloads. XTina will look smart jumping on that bandwagon now because Cassadee is likely to win. Plus, Cassadee is the most pop of the remaining contestants.

Her singing bores me until she goes for the power and then she makes me cringe.

21. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

I guess this show is not about the 'voice' anymore. It's about who is the most current and popular. I don't see her having the same success as Kelly Clarkson or Carrie Underwood, more like Kris Allen.

22. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Poll results from mjsbigblog- favorite contestant on the night-

Cassadee Pope - Team Blake 30.52% (123 votes)
    Amanda Brown - Team Adam 29.28% (118 votes)
    Nicholas David - Team Cee Lo 14.64% (59 votes)
    Terry McDermott - Team Blake 10.42% (42 votes)
    Melanie Martinez - Team Adam 9.93% (40 votes)
    Trevin Hunte - Team Cee Lo 5.21% (21 votes)

Favorite Performance-
    Amanda Brown - You Make Me Feel Like a Natural Woman 17.38% (65 votes)
    Nicholas David - Over the Rainbow 14% (54 votes)
    Cassadee Pope - I'm With You 13.9% (52 votes)
    Cassadee Pope - Stand 13.9% (52 votes)
    Amanda Brown - Here I Go Again 11.23% (42 votes)
    Terry McDermott - I Want to Know What Love Is 9.63% (36 votes)
    Trevin Hunte - And I Am Telling You 8.02% (30 votes)
    Melanie Martinez - Crazy 6.42% (24 votes)
    Melanie Martinez - The Show 2.67% (10 votes)
    Terry McDermott - Stay With Me 1.07% (4 votes)
    Nicholas David - September 1.07% (4 votes)
    Trevin Hunte - Walking On Sunshine 0.27% (1 votes)

Total Votes: 374

23. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

My ranks so far. I have only seen the first songs.

1. Amanda did come on strong with Natural Woman.

2. I liked Nick's September.

3. Trevin sounded good in Walking on Sunshine.

4. Didn't know Casssssaaaaaaddddddeeeeeee's first song so I don't know what she did to it, but I didn't really like it or think it showed her strengths. She didn't sound bad though.

5. Terry, He sounded uncharacteristically strained and a little squeaky, his best was when the harmonies came in.

6. Melanie - sheesh what was that? It was painful.

24. rfisher

Terry first into the finals. :cheer2:

Trevin safe. And I lurve me some Rob Thomas.

No. 3 Casadeeeeeeeee

This means we lose Nick or Amanda or both if Melanie makes it through. :wuzrobbed This will be sad no matter what happens.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  25. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

These impressions are too funny. The Cee Lo ones were pretty dead on though.

And here's saved number three.....

Cassadee.

26. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Um, I'm not feeling Nicholas's part of Criminal at all...he's well, shouting most of it. I love Melanie's interpretation though...

27. Ares

Ares Guest

Melanie singing the song xtina requested last night. Was that a death stare toward xtina after the line "I've been a bad bad girl"?

28. rfisher

Melanie out. Better her than Amanda or Nick, but I don't want either of them to go. :(

I think Melanie will do very well if she gets signed and gets the right material. Maroon 5 should let her tour with them.

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  29. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Thank Goodness!!

I wonder how much was how horrid she was last night, the way she acted towards Christina or a combination of both. I never got the fuss w/her, but the way she acted last night would have turned me off if I had been supporting her.

30. rfisher

Xtina won't pick
    Blake says Nick
    CeeLo loves Nick unconditionally and is in his corner
    Adam says he's at peace and this is a small sprint in a massive marathon of life. Adam the philosopher.

And the last spot goes to.....Nick :cheer2:

Amanda :wuzrobbed

That's bittersweet.