The Voice: Top 8 Will Adam, Blake or Xtina be out of the comp tonight?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Nov 27, 2012.

1. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

The Muppets are everywhere. They were on GMA this morning. Pepe kept making passes at Lara Spenser and totally threw her off her marks.

I love CeeLo's voice. :swoon:

Hmmmm....we know Melanie is safe based on itunes, which means both of Adam's singers go throuigh.
  2. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

That Cee Lo muppet was awesome! :lol:
  3. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

that reminded me of "a mighty wind"
  4. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

5. rfisher

Left: Terry (Blake), CeeLo's Boys and Xtina's boytoy.

Three girls and three boys in top 6.
  6. my little pony

jennifer maniston DARES you to not vote for him, he moves on again!
  7. rfisher

Nervousing for Cody.
  8. rfisher

Terry in

Trevin in

The eyecandy goes home :wuzrobbed

And team Xtina is out of the finals.
  9. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I thought that Cody would be able to pull out enough votes based on personality and because he's so different.

I guess XTina now knows that cultivating a pretty boy band image for a contestant and then having him sing old-school crooner style doesn't work well. Also, picking a bunch of pop divas the same season also doesn't work.
  10. AragornElessar

AragornElessar New Member

Have you seen the video of the Sesame Street take of The Voice? I stumbled on to it over at YouTube one day. It's a hoot and a half. They have everyone but Adam and the poor Carson Muppet keeps getting caught in the turning of the chairs. :D

Surprised Amanda's still around, as the last two weeks her voice has not endeared herself to anyone in this house. I guess America likes shrill screeching and combine that w/the Little Monsters that have to be voting for her just because she was a Gaga background singer...

Happy Nicholas got through. We really enjoyed him last night. Sad to see Cody go though, as I thought he did a pretty great job w/one of my favourite Queen songs.

Hey Blake, the reason why Terry's been in the bottom the last two weeks is due to the same ol, same ol. We want to see him do something different and that Terry has some range. Singing a modern rock song instead of a classic rock song isn't different. It's more of the same and he can do so much more. At least we think so judging from what this house thinks and what some of the posters here on the respective threads think. Sadly, I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever see it.

Really loved Cee Lo and Kermit. I need to record in a couple of hours on the Western side of things, as Mom fell asleep during the middle part of tonight's show and missed it.

As for who's the biggest diva Piggy or Christina...As Piggy said, does that even need to be answered? :D

I'll miss Cody, but I think Dez really went as far as he was going to go.

Right now, my two favourites are Nicholas and Terry. As much as I am frustrated over his choices of all Classic Rock, there's something about him I really like and I do enjoy his voice. I just wish he'd stretch things a bit is all.
  11. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I'd actually like to see Terry do a crooner standard--in Rhythm of Love, his voice is so smooth and pure. I really think he could do a more modern version of them than Dez has been doing. I wouldn't mind hearing him tackle Jason Mraz. They don't sound the same, but there's something similar in their singing style to me.
  12. taf2002

taf2002 Well-Known Member

Unrelated to the results, I love the fact that Ceelo has kept his team in his life. That's so sweet. And I loved his duet with Kermit, but WTF was he wearing? Completely OTT. And I enjoyed the bit where Carson took everyone to the radio station. I think he's the best reality show host on TV.
  13. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I love the Muppets. Fozzy Bear doing the Blake fingerpointing was great.
  14. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Dez is gone? I thought his lovely version of "You Thmile, I Thmile" was going to take him all the way!!
  15. rfisher

I watched CeeLo's Xmas special on the TVGuide channel tonight. He really used the Voice contestants a lot. The way the mentors incorporate their teams into their shows is great. They don't have to do that. I'd forgotten how much I liked Nikita.

And we had Muppets. Muppets are always a good thing.
  16. my little pony

were the muppets making passes at the underaged contestants?
  17. rfisher

They haven't yet, but some of those Muppets are pretty feisty. I don't know if the people who do the voice overs are the same as the puppeteers to actually move the Muppets. Nor if Elmo's voice guy played any of the good Muppets. Rod Stewart's singing. CeeLo's dressed like Santa Claus without a beard.
    shan and (deleted member) like this.
  18. AragornElessar

AragornElessar New Member

19. taf2002

taf2002 Well-Known Member