The Voice semi-finals

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

There are some notes that Cassadee--not just the pitch but the way she sings it--that are just amazing, but most of them are just her searching for what works. A good vocal coach could probably do wonders for her. The talent is there, she just has no idea what to do with it.

Since none of the top four were my favorites, I went "nationalistic" and powervoted for Terry.

2. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Xtina's fashion sense never ceases to amaze and amuse.

3. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i'd like another crack at voting for juliet

4. rfisher

If we buy Wild Child on itunes maybe she'll win.

Terry into the final. :cheer2: As long as Nick is in, I don't care if the last pick is Casadeeeeeee or Trevin, but my money is on Cas.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  5. Matryeshka

Juliet's performance so much better than Jermaine's. I think people just got the Js confused. This is so old school rock, I love it.

6. my little pony

it took 3 people to write raylene's song?

7. rfisher

A little autotuning and a video, and Raelynn will be the new Taylor Swift. It helps to be young, cute and have the King and Queen of country music backing you.

8. Matryeshka

This is like a stronger, less whiney version of that Taylor Swift song about the guy she likes going out with the prom queen. I need that dress. I wonder if they make it in size ginormous? I would wear it to work tomorrow. Raelynn and I have the same hair and eyecolor; I could pull it off. :shuffle:

I love that she wrote the song with other Voice contestants!

I'd vote for her too over the current crop.

9. rfisher

Chris Mann must have hired a good publicist. He's been on several award shows and other things recently.

Blake better not give Terry a crappy song to ensure Casady wins next week. :revenge: Terry needs to fight for the perfect song.

10. Matryeshka

This song is like an unholy union of Josh Groban and Michael Buble. :yikes: Both are Not Impressed with Chris Mann.

Chris Mann had some advantages coming into the Voice; he had the Glee fanbase. Some of these things he's gotten, he might have gotten without The Voice.

11. my little pony

tony looks awful, like my IT guy with the flu

12. rfisher

That key is too low for Nick.

Adam looks :smokin: in a suit. I don't think I could stand it if he wore a tux.

I'm wondering if there is going to be a surprise and they'll send all four to the finals rather than eliminate one. Especially since the finals have been 4 every season.

13. my little pony

ir order of their itunes sales, it is cassiddee, terry, nicholas, treveron

14. rfisher

Nick in. Right decision. I hate that Casody gets extra votes for her itunes sales. That pretty much guarantees she gets the win.

15. Matryeshka

I like the itunes component. You really like it, buy it. Trevon last night was AWFUL, but I'll bet if the itunes component was not in, he'd have made it into the finals because people feel like they should vote for him, but I don't think I'd have bought anything he's sung since the top 10. Voted for him, sure, but I'd never spend my money on him.

I think this season was weakened by the extra round. Glad they tried it out to keep the formula from getting stale, but it just didn't work. When I saw all of CeeLo and especially Blake's teams all together, it was shocking how many great singers never even made it to the live rounds. The blond yodeler and Stevie Nicks Jr not making it was :fragile:

16. rfisher

They are going back to 16/coach next season. I read an interview with Adam and he said having 20 was too much. I did like the steal option and do like that the top singers rather than limit it to one/coach. Spring will be without CeeLo and Xtina :( while they're on tour.

17. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

Did they copy Idol and have a homecoming for the top 4? I don't remember it on the first 2 seasons.

18. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I still loathe RaeLynn. Juliet was good.

Right people in the final.

19. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

I still loathe RaeLynn but I also hated Juliet's song AND her performance. I FF'd thru Chris's...he has a good voice but I find him boring. Or maybe he just sings boring songs.

20. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Happy with the outcome, but that's two weeks in a row that they tortured Nick.

21. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

Yes! I don't think Nick has ever been called early in the process. And they have never tortured Cassadee. This was also the 1st time that 2 people from the same team were called in a row.

BTW, does anyone know if next week is the finale? Or will they eliminate one more & go to the following week?

22. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I really hope next week is the finale. Otherwise, they're filming on Christmas? :eek:

I still can't stand RaeLynn. Muted it after the first verse. Not a fan of Juliet last night with her extra accessories and the 80's song. Chris Mann still puts me to sleep.

Glad to see Nick make it through. If anyone had told me at the beginning of the season that I'd be rooting for him AND buying his music, I'd have laughed. :shuffle:

23. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

Next week is the finale.