The Voice Season Three

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Cruise lady was definitely in my top five, but I think all of the judges have that sound already. I also think they can tell--or think they can--the age of the contestant.

I hear nothing special about Cassandra Pope. Right now, I feel like they're fighting over cannon fodder and not choosing people that will be competition for their favorites.

2. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I liked Cassie. Bus driver wasn't bad, but they're full up on belters.

Cute guy. Liked his voice. I liked how he didn't do the James Massone thing and play to the screaming girls.

Christina's Egyptian girl is total cannon fodder.

3. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I thought Yale boy looked better last season. His singing was decent, but it wasn't three buttons worthy though.

New Orleans Alexis sounded muffled. I think Ceelo makes odd choices sometimes.

Bring back the cat!

4. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

only his face is button worthy, the judges must have seen girls fainting and crying

5. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I thought Charlie's dad is much hotter than he is. And he will be cannon fodder if they have battle rounds this year & won't get to the voting rounds where girls can keep him in the competition.

6. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Smog boy is cuter and better than Boston Boy from last season, but I hope he doesn't stick around as long as Boston Boy did.

Although, I've got to say that I'm not liking the contestants this season as much as previous seasons. Though maybe it's just that the teams are so big that they're including a higher percentage of fodder.

I wish that each judge had a wild card pick and could choose one singer who didn't get a chair turned. There definitely are some singers who got passed over even though they were better than ones who got picked. (As Adam said, they were "dumb.") I think timing plays a bit of an arbitrary role in who gets picked.

I wonder if CeeLo is going to move on to a snake.

7. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

They brought some folks back in season 1. I can't remember if they did any last year.

8. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

They didn't last year, but Xtina said the other day that they will this year.

9. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

If I were a contestant, I would choose Blake as a coach simply because of the way he treats and promotes his singers.

10. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I'd choose Blake or CeeLo for the industry contacts depending on the type of music I was interested in. I'd choose Christina if I needed technical help.

11. skatesindreams

Blake's assistance to his choices seems infinitely better than any promotion the network offers them.

12. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I thought Xtina was referring to the fact that they've added a new twist which allows a judge to "steal" someone from another judge's team. I'm not sure how it works, and maybe they can only steal them if the other judge eliminates them in the face off rounds. But I think the stealing only comes into play if a singer is on another judge's team - not if they weren't picked at all.

13. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

Rob might be referring to when in Season 1 they ran out of contestants and had to send some back out for a 2nd chance to fill the roster. Now that the show is popular, I doubt they have a shortage of contestants waiting in the wings to get their chance to sing.

14. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I don't remember any of Christina's getting better.

15. my little pony

ita, i think she's a great singer but was always a great singer and might not be able to teach someone else what she does naturally

also, her musical knowledge and taste seems pretty narrow compared to the other judges. she's be my last pick.

16. Matryeshka

I disagree. Moses improved massively from his first performance until he was booted.

Last season, she didn't really understand the concept of cannon fodder; all of her singers were really great to begin with. They only needed fine tuning. This season, I think she's finally gotten the fodder concept, so we'll see how good of a coach she is.

17. Smiley0884

Smiley0884 Well-Known Member

Christina seems just as knowledgeable and varied about music/taste as the others...I definitely agree with Matry about Moses though, he improved leaps and bounds, as well as Ashley De La Rosa.

I think Christina has a lot of versatility. She's done gospel, pop, R&B, angry girl rock, jazz, latin-pop ect. Christina seems like she's really good about working to bring out the best in all of her contestants. Even though Lindsay was clearly her favorite last season, she still gave 100 percent to the others, and I can't say the same for the other three judges. Although if you are lucky enough to be one of Blake's favorites he will end up being a very good choice in the long run.

Jayar...kudos to you for trying out for The Voice :cheer2: Hopefully you make it through it to the live shows next time!

18. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Smiley - I'm with you, I think if you're one of Blake's chosen final favorites, he'll help you. Otherwise, you're under the bus with the other fodder. I'm thinking of Naia Kete and Jordis from last year. I saw Naia live and she was amazing. On the show, he toned down what made her special (the reggae). Charlotte Sometimes was there too - she was vocally impressive and came off much better live (attitude wise). :lol:

Season 1 news - Xenia is on tour and coming to my area (sort of) in October. I'll be going.

19. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

I liked Xenia. She was/is young and very unpolished, but you can't deny that her voice is special. I look forward to seeing her grow as an artist because I'd listen to her music.

20. skatesindreams

The format of the show requires "favorites" vs. cannon fodder.
    We don't know what might be done by the celebrities to offer "career assistance" off-camera.

21. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I saw a couple of episodes of The Voice U.K. on utubes. I think overall there are better singers over there than in the U.S.

22. Matryeshka

Those first few notes of that Hernandez girl was :eek: and at only 15, :respec: She kind of lost it in the middle when the chairs started turning, but she got it back.

If I were Taylor Swift, and I heard her sing the first few bars, I'd be too embarrassed to ever sing that song again. I think though she'll only be cannon fodder for Christina (and Adam) but I think she'd be on Blake's team.

23. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

I cant believe I was watching DWTS and Bristol Palin and forgot about this! Ergh! Did I miss anything good? Big belters?

24. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

She was really good. I've forgotten who else is on Xtina's team. I'd have just quit singing and started squealing when 3 of those chairs spun around. I forgive her that little tremble. Last night of blind auditions. Bring on the battle rounds.

kylet3, first singer was a really good 15yo Taylor Swift. Then a former boyband who they passed on.

25. Matryeshka

Imagine a Taylor Swift who could actually sing and emote beyond waah-waaah I wasn't prom queen waaah-waaah petulant teenager while she sings.

Poor man's Florence was good, but it's not a style of singing I personally care for. But I approve of blue hair. I'm torn.

26. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I like the fact that CeeLo will turn around for a variety of singers and not just singers of a certain type. But you knew that country girl was picking Blake.

27. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Singing Florence and looking like Katy Perry and claiming massive panic attack issues? I see a trainwreck. :shuffle:

Not a fan of Twanging Nicole. She's fodder.

If I hear one more freaking teenager say they've worked their WHOLE LIFE for a 3 year old tv show, I'll be tossing things at the screen. :rolleyes:

28. Matryeshka

If the initial judges decided they were tone deaf and allowed me in front of the show, I think I'd do a rock-ish version of a country song in the hopes of getting CeeLo and Blake to turn around. Maybe Keep Your Hands to Yourself.

This song is a horrible choice. Singing it through his nose is an even worse choice.

29. Alixana

Alixana Definitely NOT a sonogram

I missed last guy's story .. what's with all the flags on his guitar?

30. my little pony

can we be a tone deaf duo? each judge needs a duo for fodder. or i can just clap or something. i like that song.