The Voice Season Three

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

They were just about the weakest we've seen so far. I think Christina was looking for fodder. Oh well, at least she can talk fashion with the female singer. :lol:

Yeah, I don't get it either. He's got a lot of people watching him on youtube, so hopefully he'll be a lot better when he's not nervous? I definitely would have chosen Agira over him. Maybe mood and timing enters into some of the judges' decisions.

Avery was definitely my favorite of the night. He's definitely the most commercial we've seen so far this season. He's got raw talent and is young and cute. And that's without any training. CeeLo scored big with him. I hope he CeeLo doesn't mess it up by doing something stupid like picking the Chinese GaGa over him in a battle round. :lol:

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
    Sassafras and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

Someday I'll stay awake until the end of this show. Good to see Purrfect. He/she/it is the star of the show. :)

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I just hope her mama gets a citation for letting her go out there looking like a 35 year old.

4. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

No. Just no. To both.

5. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

^^^
    This!

Avery is a real find.
    With the right coaching, he could be spectacular.
    Time will tell if Cee-Lo was the best choice for him.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

The honest answer is: nothing.

Not just on Xtina's part but more importantly on the record label's. :p

7. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

It's just for the spring. Xtina and CeeLo are touring to promote new albums. CeeLo actually has two albums coming out and is in talks about an NBC sitcom. I don't know how Adam and Blake managed to find time between their tours to do the fall shows. They do most of the blind audition shows in one day, but they've still got the mentoring and battle rounds and then several weeks of live shows. That's a big time commitment. The show has been lucrative to all 4 in showcasing their own new material to say nothing of their salaries, but it's not like the AI or even X factor judges who don't actually do things. :lol: Although the new AI judges are still active. I guess.

8. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

And there was an interview with Blake that seems to indicate that he goes next. Apparently, the move to 2x a year is too much for him.

9. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

If they are doing it 2x a year, I wouldn't object to having 2 different panels for spring and fall.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  10. heckles

Well, I have to hand it to the producers. They found people to fill in the roles of pervy brothah and skanky Latin chick.

11. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i could be wrong but usher seems pretty dull

12. heckles

Slutty in a boring way. He was on Oprah's show a few days ago trying to rationalize his womanizing. Yawn. Bring back the Warren Beattys of yore who owned their freakiness.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  13. my little pony

i think he's sort of goofy looking in the face. his womanizing is as appealing as trump's.

14. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

So glad no one turned for the screamer.

Wow, one of the first in his family to go to graduate school. Yes, you're a trailblazer and have clearly come from nothing but suburbia. I sacrificed grad school!

ETA: He's singing Wild World and doing it well without weird embellishments and musical stylings. Maybe I'll forgive him.

15. my little pony

wild world is beyond cannon fodder, he makes xtina's scary duo look almost not ridiculous

16. Matryeshka

If I had a choice, I think Adam would be the last person I'd pick. Blake promotes the hell out of his singers. CeeLo's connections are amazing, he knows how to sing every genre of music ever, and he knows how to put on a show. Xtina's voice is amazing and she don't tolerate no pitchiness or being flat, so if you're looking to improve your voice, she's one of the best.

But Adam mystifies me. His personality is so douch-y, he no longer even looks hot; he looks like some actor playing someone in The Outsiders who's way too old to be playing a teenager.

17. my little pony

im glad stronger learned to talk but this is not good and xtina just decided the scary duo needs company in fodder town

18. Alixana

Alixana Definitely NOT a sonogram

Adam, even I can tell she didn't have command of all her notes! Sheesh.

19. Matryeshka

The notes might be flawlessly executed, but the tone :scream:

Blake has such great chemistry with everyone. I wish he would try it with me.

20. rfisher

Matry, have you seen Adam naked? And you still think he's not :swoon: ? He does a good naked.

I won't even picture Blake naked because I'm afraid Miranda would hurt me. She'd know.

I'm fascinated by Xtina's lipstick. It never smears. What does she use?

:rofl: who cares about the singers. The judges crack me up.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  21. my little pony

sorry, naked he reminds me of some sort of filmstrip on the dangers of hep c

dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  22. Matryeshka

I want to hear the Ring of Fire in its entirety.

23. rfisher

So, if no one turns around does crazy voice teacher lose all her students?

24. Matryeshka

When I'm 52, I want to dress like a happy New Orleans drag queen past my prime.
    Skyscraper great song but not the greatest song choice for her.

25. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm not even watching the episode tonight yet and y'all are cracking me up.

I hope the judges don't leave the show for good! :( They're the reason why I watch. If going to two seasons a year is too much, I love the idea of two different panels per year. That would be cool. Although I suppose if the new judges are good I'd like it, but yeah, I'd be sad to see any of the four leave.

Man, if I were a contestant on the show, I'd be so conflicted, lol. On one hand it would be awesome to have the judges really pull for you, but then again, when do you know if the praise is genuine or if they're just trying to make you look good so another judge will take you or so that they can just ditch you later? Nobody wants to be cannon fodder! lol! Sometimes they just lay the butter on so thick that it would take a very grounded contestant to take the praise with a grain of salt, as they should.

26. Matryeshka

Even if none of them turn around, it's more exposure in that 2 minute rejection than they're likely ever to get. I'd rather be rejected by CeeLo than "signed" by some oily record producer in a honeky tonk bar many, many, many blocks off of Beale St.

27. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I like the version of Toxic sang last night, but I'm not sure how she's going to handle different style of music.

Avery Wilson had the best voice last night. Does anyone know the band that originally sang "Without You" ?

28. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

David Guetta featuring Usher

29. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

He wasn't quite that bad. But, he seemed very generic to me. I think there are thousands of people like him across the country.

I hope that next season they start with a smaller group. There are too many contestants and too much fodder. I'd rather have them spend more time on the good ones.

I don't get why Xtina turned for the girl covering Kelly Clarkson, but not the one covering Whitney.

I don't know why they liked Benji's screams. I liked the non-screaming part.

CeeLo scored the win of the night with Mycle. For once, Adam's salesmanship did not work for him.

:lol: Yeah, he's scrawny. I'll take Blake over Adam any day.

30. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Does that mean I get first dibs on Carson?