The Voice Season Three

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Sep 11, 2012.

1. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

:cheer2: And they are singing together. Start Me Up. Xtina is her slutty awesomness. CeeLo traded Purrfect for a pink bird. :lol:
    Scottish rocker up first: Adam, CeeLo and Blake all turn: he goes with Blake. Interesting. Maybe he figures he won't have to compete with Adam or CeeLo.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  2. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

This is one of the few shows that when the judges perform I actually want to hear it :)

3. rfisher

The yodler is actually very good. Blake, Adam and CeeLo turn and she goes with Blake in spite of Adam's pleas for her to go with him.

Xtina has lost weight.

4. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

This 17 yr old is gutsy.

5. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Yodel girl is smart to go with Blake. He's featured his favorites on his shows, and she'd be a hit with his fans.

6. rfisher

:rofl: At them saying what they've done with their singers. That is a very hard song to sing. Of course she was going with Xtina.

If they aren't front loading opening night, this season will be incredible with talent.

7. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

The girl who went with Xtina annoyed me "what will you do for me even after the show ends" :rolleyes:

8. rfisher

I'd have asked the same if all 4 chairs turned around for me. :shuffle: She clearly knew she sang well and at this point it's who can help her the most.
    This guy has a nice story, but he's elimination fodder early on. Too many better singers.

9. numbers123

I think it was a legit question - considering the other winners have been not be promoted like AI does it's winners.

10. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

jamaica berkeley is all kinds of dull

11. rfisher

OMG They need to give this girl another chance. She made me cry. Too bad she didn't do it the first time. Sniff. No woman, no cry is my favorite Bob Marley song.

Blake cracks me up. "We could do matchy things"

12. numbers123

Do you think they will bring her back for the wild card auditions? I sure hope so.

13. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

lol, i hope she doesnt even come back next yr #allalonewithmymeanthoughts

meanwhile i like the chubby guy in the hat

14. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

But other people have asked this before and the only really honest answer is that it depends on how they perform during the season. There have been people who were fought over at this round who get cut quickly if they don't do well in later rounds.

I love Ceelo giggling when the final guy picked him. The judges really do make this show.

15. rfisher

There was some really good talent tonight. They all need to add elimination fodder on the next few shows. They have bigger teams this time. 16 and they're supposed to give the singers a chance to change coaches at some point.

16. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Did Ceelo's cat make an appearance? I missed the show b/c I'm on 2nd shift this week.

17. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Still liking this show.

I forgot was a great salesman Adam was. :lol:

I wish the Jamaican girl had made it, too. But, I liked the fact that she asked to sing again even though she knew they couldn't change their mind. I would have preferred her to Devon.

No. He's got a bird now.

18. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I'm not a country/western fan but I loved yodel girl. She's a real throwback country singer. I have never rewound my tivo for anyone else before but I did it for her. I think she's ready for Nashville right now. I liked the bluesy guy with the hat too. I didn't like the Jamaica girl or last year's guy with the beard....I didn't think their voices were all that good, & he especially doesn't have any star quality.

19. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Catching up to episode one now. I love, love, love yodel girl. LOVE her. She should probably get started on the Adam restraining order now.

20. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Anyone watching tonight?

ETA: not too subtle product placement as the country guy shows Carson pics on his Sprint phone.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  21. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

Doesn't start here for another hour.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  22. rfisher

:rofl: ass spanking :rofl: This is what I love most about this show. Way more than just the talent.

Pretty young Black guy is really good. He's got the voice and the looks that could win this year. Xtina wants a private concert with him. There are some really good singers this season. The battle rounds will be brutal.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  23. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I'm now starting! I think the first girl is four chair turn around for canon fodder. She is so flat when she tries to get the high notes. That's the only reason I see for them all turning around.

24. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

So thankful for this show. Even the bad ones aren't so bad that they make my ears bleed.

25. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

There are many talented singers, even at this stage.
    I can imagine how difficult the "Battle Rounds" will be.

26. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

I auditioned for this season, and they were looking for BIG voices. I made it to the second round, and it was interesting to see what they were weeding out and what they were keeping. They cut some spectacular singers who could have done very well, but they weren't belters. And then they let some big voices who were lesser singers through. And for the record-- the 'blind audition' thing is only for the four TV judges. All of us sang directly in front of early round judges who could see us as plain as day.

During my second round audition, I was selected to sing first in my group of 10. As soon as I announced my song choice, the judge put her head down and started playing on her computer. I knew I wasn't getting through, but she was very complimentary. She essentially said that there were a lot of me this season, and I didn't pop as much as some of the other mes. Overall it was a fun experience, though.

P.S. One of the 10 in my group was arrested just before we went in to sing. Some poor older gentleman got pulled from the group after us and was thrown in to the audition with us as a last minute replacement.

27. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Very cool Jayar, round 2 is nothing to sneeze at. Did you have an appropriate "story" to go with your audition? (you don't have to share it...) I like The Voice, but I do wonder if you don't have a good story behind "your voice" they wouldn't let you get very far.

28. rfisher

Did you even get to see Adam? :drama: Or Xtina? Or the bird? Congratulations for making it to the 2nd round. You should try out again.

29. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Jayar, it's great to have a first-hand description of the audition process.
    What are the rules about trying out again?

30. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I wonder if luck enters into it in terms of whether you audition earlier or later. They've definitely had singers on the last two nights who weren't belters, but maybe those singera already had auditioned for the producers by the time you got to audition and they were looking to round out the group with some belters.