The Voice, Season Five

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, Sep 12, 2013.

Biggest Star To Come Out of The Voice?

1. Javier Colon (Won season one)

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  2. Dia Frampton (Season 1, second place)

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  3. Vicci Martinez (Season 1, tied for third)

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Beverly McClellan (Season 1, tied for third)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jermaine Paul (Season 2 winner)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Juliet Simms (Season 2, second place)

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  7. Tony Lucca (Season 2, third place)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Chris Mann (Season 2, fourth place)

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  9. Cassadee Pope (Season 3 winner)

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  10. Terry McDermott (Season 3 runner-up)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Nicholas David (Season 3, third place)

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  12. I Don't Remember Any Of Them Now...

23 vote(s)
    57.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

Do these judges actually remember the past contestants or are they told in advance? I find it hard to believe that they (even Idol judges) can actually remember if they auditioned before.

2. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I remember many of them, and according to the comments section on music blogs, so do lots of other viewers. So why shouldn't the judges? The ones who come back & are successful the 2nd time usually have some talent so there must have been something memorable about them, even if it was a bad song choice. Like Teenage Dream. Who could forget that train wreck?

BTW, I think they are told in advance though.

3. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i recognized dez at his second audition right away. because he's so pretty.

4. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Cher has been wanting to make a country album for a LONG time (10 years or more?), so I wouldn't be surprised if she said, "I'd like to be a mentor...if it's on Blake's team" so as to make connections and start to build a fan base in the country market.

Wow, I'm the polar opposite on you on this one. Not only did I think Cher look great (as always), but I wouldn't have even cared if I was one of the contestants. I would have been so blown away to see her (she's such an icon!!!) that I think I would have collapsed to the ground in a puddle of tears upon seeing her. It would have taken me a while to pull it together so I could get to work! :)

5. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I love Cher. Have since I grew up in front of the tv watching her and Sonny. :lol: So, my comment was totally Burlesque based.

And it seems everyone wants to make a country album. Bon Jovi, Sheryl Crow... Even Neil Freaking Diamond tried it years ago. And didn't a Brady Buncher head down there too? :wall: Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be singing "Gone Country" and mocking boots. :p

6. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

I give it to the wedding singer. Do not like musical guy at all.

7. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

:revenge: :revenge:

Battle Rounds! And the most important part of the night, Xtina is :smoking: tonight

If either of these first two make it to the voting rounds, I'll be shocked. Grey has a nice voice, but it's generic. Nick is a better performer, but I think others will have charisma and the vocals.

8. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Started watching in time to see Blake use the Steal on Nick. I missed the performances. Was that a good move?

9. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I guess it's a matter of personal taste, but I think Adam will be dumping better singers than Nick later in the show.

10. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I feel like Nic is a good performer, but Gray sang quite a bit better

11. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I'm always interested in the pairings. I usually get what Xtina and Blake have in mind, but Adam and CeeLo confuse me sometimes. Not this time. I think Adam thought he'd get rid of Nic right away. I'm not at all sure why Blake stole him, however.
    These two kids do not sound like teenagers. What power.

And another Voice mystery: Nic gets the steal and Amber does not. :rofl:

And, Xtina is gorgeous.

I read an article that Kelly Clarkson really wants to audition for the Voice and see how many chairs would turn for her. An all-star Voice would be awesome.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  12. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

I would have taken Amber too. That was a great battle. I love these rounds because the arrangements are almost always so good.

I'm guessing that the steals are used to pick up people who will get a unique voting block. Tamyra (?) would be competing with Amber for votes.

eta- American Idol Alumni audition for the Voice. I'd watch that.

13. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Amber was too nasal for me. Give Timara (sp?) another few years to cook, and she'll be in control.

Nic still bugs me. Wonder what Blake will do with him? :confused:

Meh @ Blake's paring. Not a fan of pageant queen or Justin. :scream:

14. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

I would have picked Tamyra but she has a remarkably alto voice for such a young girl. Maybe too unusual?

Eta: Shelby is too shrill. Justin wins.

15. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Shelby delivers what Kellly Clarkson does? :huh:

16. Matryeshka

I'd have gone with Justin, I think he can do more vocally. There's a quality to Shelby's voice I don't like; it's just off. She reminds me of Holly--good voice, hits some notes beautifully, but absolutely no ear for pitch or nuance.

17. rjblue

I thought Justin was closer to Jason than Shelby was to Kelly. Shelby has a nice tone, but nowhere near Kelly's range.

Re Tamyra's voice- I was hoping someone would pick her and then get her to cover something of Toni Braxton's, so we could really hear her tone.

18. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

These two kids are adorable.

19. Matryeshka

Please, please, please let both of these two make it to the next round. I don't normally like the "unique" type of voices but Caroline was :swoon: That was so much better than the original. Gorgeous.

THAT was a true duet.

20. rjblue

I'm tempted to get this version of As Long as You Love Me from Itunes. I really like Caroline's voice and Anthony (except for that one note) held back the right amount.

eta- Love it when the other watchers have had the same reaction as I did.

21. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

It was just beautiful.

22. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

caroline reminds me of lady edith

23. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Both Anthony and Caroline did a great job. I'm so glad that they both got through (although I'm happy that Caroline won the battle).

24. rfisher

I knew he'd go with Caroline. I hope someone steals Anthony. Yea. Xtina! Good steal. I hope both of them end up in the finals. Xtina and CeeLo need to pick the right songs for these kids to take them all the way.

25. rfisher

double post

26. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

I like both of these ladies and I hate this stupid song.

27. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I can't stand Donna's vocal style. Throat shredding screechy glory notes are not my favorite. Of course, the judges will be slobbering all over her. :lol:

28. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Donna doesn't need to do that shredding either, she's got a brilliant voice without that, that being said, Tess really brought it and outsung her, I'd go with Tess on that one but I really hope Donna is stolen.

29. rjblue

Donna is a great backup singer, but I wouldn't want a whole song by her. Easiest decision of the night.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  30. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

No steal. Not surprised. Agreed that Donna is a backup singer.