The Voice, Season Five

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, Sep 12, 2013.

Biggest Star To Come Out of The Voice?

1. Javier Colon (Won season one)

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  2. Dia Frampton (Season 1, second place)

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  3. Vicci Martinez (Season 1, tied for third)

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Beverly McClellan (Season 1, tied for third)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jermaine Paul (Season 2 winner)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Juliet Simms (Season 2, second place)

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  7. Tony Lucca (Season 2, third place)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Chris Mann (Season 2, fourth place)

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  9. Cassadee Pope (Season 3 winner)

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  10. Terry McDermott (Season 3 runner-up)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Nicholas David (Season 3, third place)

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  12. I Don't Remember Any Of Them Now...

23 vote(s)
    57.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

I miss Usher a lot. Ceelo just sits there like a basilisk.

2. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I love the last singer's voice and I'm glad that she got turns, but it was so much like the original.

3. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i cant believe that guy went through by just repeating the word country for 2 minutes, he didnt even do it wll

4. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I wasn't as impressed with that many contestants tonight.

5. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

The one thing I like about Ceelo is that he's the most likely to turn for something wacky or out of his expected genre. I like that you don't always know what he's going to do. But based on what I've seen the last few seasons, he seems like the one of the less good coaches once the singer is actually on his team.

6. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I loved his voice, his song selection, & his performance. I don't think the judges needed to hear anything about him in advance to make them turn around. I was surprised the wedding singer, J Anthony, & Barbie girl got turns though.

I guess I'm fated to disagree with you. :lol: The original is sung by Rihanna. This girl (Ashley) can actually sing. IMO it's not a great song to begin with but she sang it well. I also thought that she has a great look.

I think Adam & Ceelo had the strongest team coming into last night but Adam really pulled ahead with James & Ashley. But both of them have a history of not picking great songs for their teams & pitting their strongest singers against each other in the battle rounds so we shall see. Christina's team is really weak so far. All Blake needs is one really strong singer because I think he plays the game best.

7. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

To me Rihanna has a 4 note range. Ashley put a lot more into the song than 4 notes.

Really surprised at some of the turns - like wedding singer and Barbie. Cannon fodder I guess.

I liked the cruise singer.

8. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Adam doesn't seem to think all that strategically. He needs fodder to make his chosen folks shine.

9. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

I don't hold out much hope for Adam and his team. He had great talent last season, probably should have won with one of them, and just squandered his opportunities.

10. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Blake is a better chess player than Adam. Adam should never have put Judith and Sasha against each other. He should also pick songs that showcase his "stars". This is something Blake does very well. Of course, the fact that Blake has a huge fanbase that will vote for his singers doesn't hurt. :lol: CeeLo does help his singers after the show. He was telling the truth when he said that. He is such a unique talent in himself, that he tries to project that onto some of his team and they can't live up to it, although he's come in 2nd twice and I thought he should have won both times.

I have noticed the number of country singers is much less this time. The producers have gone more for the pop/rocker singers.

11. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I just know Adam will piss me off and put Ashley against the Jamaican girl.

I really like Shakira, but Xtina is so much better at this show. I actually wouldn't mind a season with Xtina, CeeLo, Usher, and Adam. I'm tired of Blake and his false down-home hokum.

taf2002 and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

They'll shine in comparison to some of the other teams' contestants. Adam screws up in his song choices and his decisions about pairing and who to boot. It looks like he is once again going to start with the strongest team. I hope he doesn't blow it.

Overall, though, I didn't see a lot of really strong singers this week.

13. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

Blake probably realized that he doesn't really need country singers anymore because he's just going to give them popped-out "country" songs that he pops out even more, Cassadee Pope et al. He knows what wins.

14. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

If it's like in France, the show is rigged from the start.
    I know a singre who was asked and paid to do the french show. 1 year in advance. And he already had his record deal on the table too.
    He didn't even stayed that long !

15. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

I'm glad flower guy made it but he won't last long.

'Course I said the same thing about the country brothers last season.

16. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I liked flower guy more than a lot of people who had multiple turns, but I don't think he'll last long on Cee Lo's team.

17. 4rkidz

4rkidz plotting, planning and travelling

Wedding singer is a good 'package' decent voice and looking good always helps..

18. rfisher

I think I understand why some of these people with connections still have their day jobs.

19. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

somewhere there is a boy band missing this guy singing easy

20. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

It's always so sad when they do a big build up and then nobody turns around.

I really liked the Irish Spanish singer.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  21. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I expected more Spanish singing from this Irish guy.

22. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

I really like his voice. And he may be a wannabe but I'm glad he picked Xtina.

23. rfisher

I love Christina. :swoon: She and CeeLo are the best singers on the show.

24. shan

shan Well-Known Member

He sounded great singing with her.

25. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

If the judges were contestants, Xtina would get the four-chair turn CeeLo would get at least two. Adam might get the I-need-interesting-fodder turn. Blake would be told, "You have a nice voice. I'm sorry I didn't turn for you because you're tall" feedback.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  26. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I liked this last country guy. I could see him sticking around (watch he leaves in the battle round)

For the record, I wrote "last country guy" before Big Sexy came on stage. :lol:

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  27. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

NBC is really flogging this show - last night was a recrap with tons of promos for their horrid Thursday night lineup. We got 3 minutes max of new footage. Was interesting to see who they pimped, guess it was based on the results of the battle rounds and judge's favorites.

Wonder how XTina feels about Cher working with Blake? :shuffle:

28. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Why would Cher working with Blake be weird for Xtina? (Of course, anyone working with Cher and having to look at her way-too-surgically-messed-up face and lips has a bit of a challenge. She's got to be one of the top examples of why plastic surgery is not always your friend. And neither is auto-tune.)

29. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Cher & Christina made a movie together. It was Burlesque so not a good movie but still.

30. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

If the recap show had simply replayed the auditions for all the contestants selected to be on teams then it would have been a huge win.

I wonder if music clearance issues cause some of the problems with auditions.