The Voice, Season Five

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, Sep 12, 2013.

?

Biggest Star To Come Out of The Voice?

1. Javier Colon (Won season one)

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  2. Dia Frampton (Season 1, second place)

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  3. Vicci Martinez (Season 1, tied for third)

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Beverly McClellan (Season 1, tied for third)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jermaine Paul (Season 2 winner)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Juliet Simms (Season 2, second place)

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  7. Tony Lucca (Season 2, third place)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Chris Mann (Season 2, fourth place)

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  9. Cassadee Pope (Season 3 winner)

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  10. Terry McDermott (Season 3 runner-up)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Nicholas David (Season 3, third place)

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  12. I Don't Remember Any Of Them Now...

23 vote(s)
    57.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Probably. Will it be sad or funny when he dumps his crush in the battle round? Funny for certain. But I did LOL at Adam's reaction when he said Adam was so good looking. You can't tell about who they'll pick because the performances are edited and not necessarily in the order showed on the program. Sometimes they pick the battle round fodder.

The singers are just bonus for me. :D Except this kid is making me sad. I hope he comes back again.

I'm glad the singers aren't all going for sappy ballads this year. Good for Shelby singing Gretchen Wilson's I'm Here for the party. I'll bet she does party.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  2. PRlady

PRlady Who gives a fig?

Aw. That's nice, CeeLo.

3. rfisher

I have an irrational dislike of guys wearing stupid hats. He sang well, but I hate the hat. He reminded me of Tony DeLuca.

I do feel bad for the ones nobody turns around for. It must suck trying to keep singing when you're looking at the back of the chairs.

Adam is so pathetic.:lol: Geek boy is Kurt Cobain in disguise.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  4. PRlady

PRlady Who gives a fig?

I like him. A lot.

5. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

What is it with the stupid haired hipster people this year? Guess they really needed a Starbucks plug so Delvin showed up?

I love how Christina took hat guy from the arguing bromancers. :lol:

6. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I didn't get the impression that Blake was really trying for any of the sungers tonight.

7. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

8. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

I'm impressed as all heck that you figured that out, Peter.

9. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

10. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

I agree!

11. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Kat is a nice addition. I hope they have a little more rock this season. Cee Lo is a good match.

Caroline seemed 17. She's not country or from Oklahoma, so I don't think she'd last with Blake. Odd match with CeeLo, though.

Adam is a phenomenal salesman, but don't these people know that by now? Donna should have gone with Xtina. I don't think Donna is nearly as good as Adam said she is. As good as Whitney and Tina Turner?

Matthew was good, but I wouldn't have picked him to be the quickest four-chair turn. Very commercial. Xtina's celebration might have been the best part. :lol:

Nic is fun! Adam is a good match for him. Nic may have rendered him speechless at one point. :lol:

I think the judges sometimes turn their chair and fight for singers just because others do. I think that was some of what was happening with James. Adam says he'll win the show. He won't. But saying he will gets him on his team. :lol:

12. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

There was a raspy-ness to her voice that made me wonder, and when they said her name, I thought, "could it be her"?? And sure enough, Wikipedia confirmed it. They showed a clip of another 80's ladies who I loooooooooooooove - it was in the bit in the middle where they talked about a few people who work behind the scenes and then they said, "coming up later on the Voice"! So I couldn't wait to see her! :respec: But then...nothing! :wuzrobbed So maybe we'll see her tomorrow night...or next week? Here's who I think it is:

E. G. Daily. Her most famous song was Say It, Say It. It only hit #70 on the pop charts, but did go to #1 on the dance charts. Some People was the first single off her second album and should have been a smash, but I don't think she had a good marketing team behind her...if any at all. And Breath of Heaven is a beautiful song.

13. my little pony

LOL, i had eg daily's cassette, a cassette children. ita she had no push behind her.

14. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Caroline was the only one who got a chair turn that I thought was completely undeserved. Her voice is weak & not quirky enough to be interesting to me. Hat guy was also borderline. My favorite performance was by Nik, even though he doesn't have the absolute best voice. He sang the hardest song by far & he did a great job with it. I love his timing - it's because of his dance background I think. When I first saw him I thought "who is this freak" & then I fell in love with him. Of course that means he will be knocked out immediately.

15. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Peter G -- That was one of the most amusing music video's I've seen. I don't know who the guy was, but he did a great acting job. E.G. Daily must have had some $ behind her from the record company -- I don't think that was a super cheap video to make. My eyes just loved the lack of fast cuts that dominate videos today.

16. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

taf - was Nick the hipster that said he loved Adam? His vocal runs were great, but I wonder how Adam will do with quirky?

17. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

I vaguely remember reading something years ago about artists having the rights to videos, but the music was owned by their record company. So I'm wondering if artists used to pay for the videos themselves? I agree that it's a great video, but if you don't have a team pushing your music to radio stations...well then 20 years later you end up on The Voice and (almost) nobody knows who are! :lol: I did hear recently that an interviewer was asking one of the Eagles why he felt "Best Of My Love" was their first #1 single. He replied, "payola".

That's him. Here's his youtube performance. I expect Nic will be put up against a powerhouse vocalist in the battle rounds and we'll never hear from him again. (I hate the battle rounds...wish they'd just put everyone they pick through to the live rounds and let the audience decide.)

18. PRlady

PRlady Who gives a fig?

I'm so glad they turned around for Jackie. Real talent there and she's not a Barbie doll.

19. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Agreed, I couldn't believe how long it took given how quickly they turn for some others.

20. rfisher

Another stupid hat. I hate stupid hats. I vote against them just because of the hat. Hat boy is fodder. Maybe he'll be against other hat guy. Adam really didn't want this guy. :lol: Blake won that time.

I like how they let the singers they don't pick down. CeeLo is always nice to them and makes them feel good about being rejected. Of course, they don't have any of the bad singers that AI likes to exploit, they are still nice to those they don't pick.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  21. PRlady

PRlady Who gives a fig?

Maybe they're all going bald. Have compassion.

22. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

So glad they turned for Jackie, and I love that she went with Xtina, who I love. I love Shakira too, but Xtina doesn't miss a beat.

23. rfisher

Bar chick wearing a pageant dress with cowboy boots getting a video call from Alice Cooper. :rofl: This is why I love the Voice.

Now, she needs to drop the mediocre country and go full out Alice for her battle round. Please Xtina, let her sing Poison. Please.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  24. my little pony

i was happy when no one was turning for destiny.

25. shan

shan Well-Known Member

That headband is :yikes:

26. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Don't forget the crown of flowers. :lol:

27. PRlady

PRlady Who gives a fig?

I actually think Wifty Gurl should pick Blake.

28. my little pony

lots of people who sound just like holly audition every year. it seems like that's a common sound, on this show anyway. they usually end up with blake.

29. rfisher

He likes that Dia sound. He's also good with the shy ones. You've got to be able to hold your own if you're on Xtina or Adam's teams and even CeeLo to some extent.

30. my little pony

he does and of course i think there is some nefarious reason behind it