The Voice, Season Five

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, Sep 12, 2013.

Biggest Star To Come Out of The Voice?

1. Javier Colon (Won season one)

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  2. Dia Frampton (Season 1, second place)

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  3. Vicci Martinez (Season 1, tied for third)

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Beverly McClellan (Season 1, tied for third)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jermaine Paul (Season 2 winner)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Juliet Simms (Season 2, second place)

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  7. Tony Lucca (Season 2, third place)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Chris Mann (Season 2, fourth place)

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  9. Cassadee Pope (Season 3 winner)

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  10. Terry McDermott (Season 3 runner-up)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Nicholas David (Season 3, third place)

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  12. I Don't Remember Any Of Them Now...

23 vote(s)
    57.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I like Tessanne, but she really needs to stop outscreaming the group on the numbers. Not every note is a glory note. :yikes:

:lol: on Twitter - Cole's voted to resave all 3.

2. halffull

halffull Life is a beautiful thing

I agree, Tessanne takes over the group numbers and NOT in a good way. That second group number was horrible.

3. PRlady

PRlady flipflack

I'm sure Blake knows he's not gonna win with a guy who looks like an extra from The Hobbit. Of all the singers Blake had, it's odd that's what he now is left with....he's not going to have a four-peat.

Christina's sitting pretty because Jacquie can beat all three of Adam's folks and she did a credible job with Matt.

4. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Cole has been my favorite on Blake's team and I'm not at all surprised that he's the last one left. I prefer his voice to the remaining guys. It wouldn't totally shock me if he won. I'm not betting on that happening, though. Looks aside, he's not as good at milking a sob story or playing the inexperienced sweetheart as some of Blake's past winners. But, unless he has a bad performance next week, I don't think he'll be one of the ones leaving.

5. halffull

Jacquie for the win :D

6. rfisher

rfisher At least I still have Pairs to look forward to

I agree. Xtina needs to really consider her song choices. I've had the impression she thought Matthew was her ace, but maybe she realizes that's not the case. Jacquie is her best bet for a win. I think Will and James are good, but I don't think they are better than Jacquie nor nearly as commercial. I figure Tessanne and possibly James are vulnerable next week.

And kudos to Cassadee Pope whose album was still in the top 20 on Billboard and Danielle Bradbury whose single (on her new album) is in the top 24. She's touring with Brad Paisley this spring. I hope they both continue to do well.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  7. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

((Hobbits))) :p

I'd buy Cole's post Voice releases. And I've floved him since his blinds. Crazy genius doing 'The Jefferson's' theme! Bet Cee Lo's kicking himself for letting him go and keeping Johnny One Note.

Can we discuss styling? Who the hell thought acid washed jeans were a good idea for Tessanne the other night? :scream:

8. taf2002

taf2002 If it walks like a duck.....

I've thought about the possibility of Cole coming out one week with a short haircut & his beard gone. What are the odds of that happening? I'd love it.

9. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

I doubt it. Maybe he'll be cleaned up a little like Nick from last season.

10. PRlady

PRlady flipflack

This was always a dumb song and it's not helping Cole.

11. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

his beard is completely different from his hair, like when the cowardly lion got that perm

12. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Blake - you have ONE Freaking guy left - do NOT mess up Cole's chances!! Hoping song # 2 is better.

Xtina looks fabulous! :swoon:

13. rfisher

The tweens probably don't even know who Bob Marley was, but I've waited for this song this whole season from Tessanne. I must download. Now. Absolutely wonderful.

14. PRlady

PRlady flipflack

Truly beautiful from Tessanne.

15. my little pony

the best part of matthew's song was the choir

16. PRlady

PRlady flipflack

Sounds like Xtina was saying goodbye. :p

17. rfisher

I think she finally realized she needs to put her focus on Jacquie if she wants a singer in the finals.

18. Pretty Vegas

Pretty Vegas Well-Known Member

I usually really like Will but that wasn't great to me...moments were good but a lot of it sounded rough.

19. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I find Will so very generic...

20. rfisher

I like Will more than I like James, but both must have a big fan base. I think Cole is in deep trouble tonight so far. Only one will go home this week. I don't know if they'll do a bottom 2 and let the audience choose, but Cole better hope that's the case so his mama, grandma an Dbell1 can tweet like crazy for him.

And, my crush Ben Folds is on next week on the Sing Off. :swoon: I watch just for him.

21. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

:wall: Will. Really - do you even know the fecking meaning of that song? :wall:

22. my little pony

jacquie is my favorite but alison iraheta from AI did that without sounding like she was hurting herself

23. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Why is Jacquie yelling at us??? :yikes:

24. rfisher

That is the oldest 16 yo next to Xtina Aguilera I've ever heard. If she doesn't win this season, there is no justice. As much as I love Tessannne, Jacquie has the biggest future of any contestant that has been on this show. Managers should be salivating to represent her. She's gorgeous and she can sing.

25. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Xtina just freaking loves Jacquie. It's like mini screechy me. :scream:

26. Pretty Vegas

Pretty Vegas Well-Known Member

I agree.... LOVE her. I think she easily has the most marketability. It's amazing how great she is already.

27. rfisher

I think she has the young voters wrapped up. Tessanne sings too old for most of the people who bother to vote on this show. It was clear from the beginning the producers didn't want another Blake winner in the lack of quality country singers who made the blind auditions this season. It will be interesting to see how the winner is picked without the Shelton/Lambert voting block. Xtina has to be very selective in her song choice for Jacquie for the semi finals and finals to get her the win.

I think one of the guys will go home tomorrow.

28. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Has Blake checked out already or is he drunk? Cole gets 2 lightbulbs in cages, and Tessanne gets the lite brite set with confetti and rings. Oh, and Xtina, stop talking about voice issues when Matthew can't hit a low note, and the other one screams her way through what she can't hit. ...bitterly wanders off looking for candy...

taf2002 and (deleted member) like this.
  29. halffull

I agree. She is by far the most marketable and she's pretty great too. I did like Tessanne's second song tonight. Cole needs to go home with Will right behind him.

30. PRlady

PRlady flipflack

Agreed. None of the guys are stellar although they all are talented, and Matt with Hallaleujah and James with Case of You had show-stopping moments. I'd like to see Xtina pick something more melodic for Jacquie instead of the screaming glory-note songs, but the contrast between her age and her ability to do those tough-lady bluesie songs is indeed startling. She's a star in the making, alright.

Tessane is really good and too niche to win.