The Voice, Season Five

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by PeterG, Sep 12, 2013.

Biggest Star To Come Out of The Voice?

1. Javier Colon (Won season one)

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  2. Dia Frampton (Season 1, second place)

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  3. Vicci Martinez (Season 1, tied for third)

5 vote(s)
    12.5%
  4. Beverly McClellan (Season 1, tied for third)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Jermaine Paul (Season 2 winner)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Juliet Simms (Season 2, second place)

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  7. Tony Lucca (Season 2, third place)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Chris Mann (Season 2, fourth place)

4 vote(s)
    10.0%
  9. Cassadee Pope (Season 3 winner)

6 vote(s)
    15.0%
  10. Terry McDermott (Season 3 runner-up)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Nicholas David (Season 3, third place)

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  12. I Don't Remember Any Of Them Now...

23 vote(s)
    57.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  2. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Stats for those in the poll are below. I did not include info about anyone from last season, but Danielle Bradbery has a single out called "The Heart of Dixie" which has hit #16 on the country charts and #58 on the pop charts with sales of 93,000 so far. Michelle Chamuel has a 2013 album listed on her Wikipedia page entitled "All I Want".

Javier's album "Come Through You" reached #134 on the pop chart and #20 on the R & B chart. Singles from the album were "As Long as We Got Love" (duet with Natasha Bedingfield) and "A Drop In The Ocean".

Dia's album "Red" hit #104 on the pop chart. The single was "The Broken Ones".

Vicci's album "Vicci" was released in 2012 and included two single releases, "Come Along" (featuring Cee Lo Green) and "I Can Love".

Beverly McClellan had two albums released in 2011, one self-titled and the other called "Fear Nothing". No mention at Wikipedia of single releases.

Jermaine Paul has not released an album, but has a tentative title: "Finally". "I Believe in This Life" was released as a single in 2012.

Juliet Simms has not released an album, but "Wild Child" was released as a single in 2012.

Tony Lucca has an EP released listed at Wikipedia entitled "With The Whole World Watching". First single entitled "Never Gonna Let You Go".

Chris Mann released the "Roads" album in 2012 and it hit #175 on the pop chart. The title track hit #30 on the adult contemporary chart and "O Come All Ye Faithful" from the "Home For Christmas" EP hit #20 on the same chart.

Cassaddee Pop has a #7 single release on the country charts, "Wasting All These Tears". It has hit #37 on the pop charts and Wikipedia lists it as selling 232,000 copies so far. An album is expected to be released in October, "Frame By Frame".

Terry McDermott has released two singles, "Pictures" (which hit #27 on the Rock chart) and "In Your Eyes".

Nicholas David: The "Say Goodbye" EP hits #1 on the iTunes Alternative Chart!!!

The Voice's Trevin Hunte Releases New "Elevate" Music Video

3. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Who cares about the singers. Xtina looks amazing. Both she and CeeLo have lost weight.

4. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i think the biggest stars are the judges who were all exposed to new audiences and carson daily who comes off better than his counterparts on other shows

katrina parker out out a cd last wk and she sounds really good

5. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Ryan Tedder :scream: what is this show's obsession with him? :huh: No surprise he's paired with Adam.

Cher stole Tina Turner's wig!

The only Voice alumni I've noticed with ANY post-show activity are Vicci Martinez (because she's from here and performs locally pretty regularly), Dia Frampton (toured here right after S1) and Chris Mann, who had a surprisingly swank show in a large venue several months ago. no clue how ticket sales went, but it made me think he's got a following.

6. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I will pick Cassaddeeeeee because I have seen her on a show other than The Voice. Once.

7. Impromptu

Impromptu Well-Known Member

My local radio station gave a lot of airplay to Vicci Martinez's first single (luckily, I liked it) and has just started playing the other song. It's one of those "I <3 Radio" stations, so it probably got airplay in other places too.

8. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I wasn't particularly a fan of Dia's when she was on the show, but a local library got her CD...and I think it's really great! :respec:

9. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

I'm crushed that Shakira is not returning to The Voice. What a waste! :(

10. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

She and Usher are slated to return next season.

11. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Danielle Bradbery talks about her album release date and some of the songs on the album written by people with interesting connectins to the reality TV world. Plus a video cover of Carrie Underwood’s “See You Again”.

From Wikipedia:

He's also worked with Kelly Clarkson, Adam Lambert, Jesse McCartney, Akon, Colbie Caillat, Demi Lovato, Maroon 5, B.o.B, The Wanted, Far East Movement, Gym Class Heroes, Ellie Goulding, Trey Songz, Jason Derulo, Cody Simpson, Lady Antebellum, Marina and the Diamonds, Dan Black, and Lights.

Or in other words...EVERYBODY. :lol:

12. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

One of the local TV stations plays music when they segue to commercials during the morning local news program. They played a Cassadee Pope song the other morning.

13. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Of the above list I have 2 downloads from Nicholas David & 1 from Tony Lucca (Baby One More Time :D). Not on the list are 2 from Michelle Chamuel & 1 from Kris Thomas, plus I bought a duet he did with Pam Tillis. Michelle's Somewhere Only We Know is beautiful. I wouldn't have any of the winners' music as a gift.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  14. rfisher

15. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Xtina and CeeLo could have handled that one on their own. Adam was OK, but I don't think it was in his best key. Blake Shelton is so out-classed vocally, it's not even funny. They should just let Blake have the intro and then let the others do the heavy lifting.

16. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Preview performance from tonight's first show of the season: Matthew Schuler &#8211; Cough Syrup

I thought I had heard that Cassadee Pope will be doing a reality TV show around putting together her new album. But there's nothing at Wikipedia about his. Has anyone heard anything about this? Wait...googled it. Found this article. It includes this:

Article about The Voice winning the Emmy for best reality TV program.

Nigel Lythgoe's twitter response to that win:

VIDEO PREMIERE: Danielle Bradbery&#8217;s &#8220;The Heart Of Dixie&#8221;

Danielle Bradbery Joins The Brad Paisley Tour, Album Due November 19. Chris Young will also be on this bill.

The Voice 5 &#8211; Backstage Behind the Scenes &#8211; Video (Kinda boring, IMHO... ;) )

17. rfisher

I Love Rock N Roll :cheer2: When my son was 4 he used to tell my mother, Mamaw, I love rock and roll, put another dime in the jukebox baby. She was going to buy him a drum set until I convinced her that was a bad idea. It sounded much better on the Bose speakers than on my computer and I'm just astounded at Xtina's transformation.

18. my little pony

is see lo's head tattooed or did he draw it on for street cred like tracy jordan?

19. 4rkidz

4rkidz plotting, planning and travelling

with the voice I think its just as much about the judges as it is the singers but then I never really hear of them again.. unlike X factor or even Idol where I know I'm far more familiar?? I do like X factor though... but partially for the competition between the judges..

20. rfisher

Yet, the Voice has the highest ratings of all 3 X factor is doing very badly this year.

The 17 yo had an interesting voice but she needs a lot of training. But Donna blew her out of the water, but she should have gone with Xtina.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
  21. Matryeshka

Just started watching--I don't think Xtina thought much of Caroline, who was meant to be a muppet. The only thing I can imagine her singing is in a commercial for some green/eco-friendly product.

Not impressed with striped pants girl either--her look was better than her voice.

22. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

Just started watching. I miss usher and shakira.

23. rfisher

I liked Shakira, but Xtina is my girl and I like Ceelo much better as a singer than Usher.

This guy is one of the finalists. I'm calling it now. If he picks the right coach. I think he should go with Xtina.

24. my little pony

me too

i cant believe the excitement over this guy, he didnt even sound good all the way through

25. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Matthew Shuler (sp?) has a great voice, but I had a hard time understanding some of the words. I think I'm old now. :fragile:

26. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

I had a hard time hearing the girl at the pizza place tonight. I asked her to repeat herself about 4 times. I'm totally old.

That said, Shuler has a lot of charisma and I think he should pick someone to help refine his technique.

27. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I thought Shuler was going CeeLo or Adam. PRlady you are right about his charisma.

28. Matryeshka

LOVE Xtina's reaction to getting Matthew. Shakira who? :rofl:

29. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Hipster singer is really annoying. :scream: Wonder if Adam is regretting the turnaround?

30. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I don't get the love for this guy. I admit the Voice leaves me :huh: sometimes.