The Voice, Season 4

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Matryeshka, Mar 26, 2013.

1. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Dreads guy reminded me of Val Kilmer....but I can see the Jeff Bridges comparison too.

Last girl had a fab and interesting voice, sounded very controlled and mature for a 17 year old.

The dude Usher turned for at the last second...you could practically see the thought bubble above his head before pushing the button: "cannon fodder"

When Adam tells someone "You totally deserve to be here" - DRINK!
    When Shakira encounters a latina - DRINK! Half drink if it's a latino
    When Usher gets up and busts a dance move - DRINK!
    When Blake mentions Miranda - DRINK! Drink twice if the singer mentions Miranda first

2. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Shakira is a sweet woman, but her personality isn't strong enough to counter the three guys. I think her somewhat limited English is really hampering her ability to sale herself to the contestants.

I thought the gymnast girl's voice was on the thin, screechy side.

I felt bad for Julie Roberts, but I didn't like her singing.

Adam and Blake are cute together. Just make out already, why don't ya!

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  3. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

The two new hosts, Shakira and Usher, seem so much more into it than Christina and Cee Lo last year. Great show, I think it's way better than Idol.

4. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

nobody watching this? I really liked Sasha.. favourite so far.. maybe it is a repeat I'm watching?

5. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

No, I'm watching.

6. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

I'm watching. Maybe everyone else is watching basketball?

Usher-guy didn't speak to me at all.

I wouldn't have turned for Shawna P., and I really don't understand why Caroline Glaser (Tiny Dancer) got two chair turns. That pitch went all over the place, and if she'd been an ice dancer her timing mark would have been terrible.

7. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Are they just thinking, "what the heck I only have a couple of slots left to fill"? Tonight there have been some half hearted turns. Or I may be imagining it.

8. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Mostly cannon fodder tonight except Sasha. Bluntry girl from Memphis could have been awesome if she'd done Bonnie Raitt and not that affected crap she sang. Hopefully, Blake will set her right in the battle rounds or she's history. Adam should have 6 to get rid of and 6 amazing singers to take to the live shows. I really hope the steal will be a part of this season.

9. Alixana

Alixana who is on vacation!!

catching up on PVR .. a boy singing Teenage Dream?? Ugh.

10. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

Unless your name is Darren Criss, a guy should NEVER try to sing Teenage Dream. :eek:

Loved that pop girl in the red dress (I can't remember her name) and I'm glad she went with Adam. He's got a fantastic team! :cheer:

11. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

They referenced stealing tonight so I'm assuming it's on. They know we watch for the judges.

12. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I really wish she had not gone with Adam. Adam's team is too strong and we're going to end up losing good singers too soon. Haven't these singers watched the show before? Adam tells EVERYONE that they are so special and he wants to take them to the win. I hope he loses the country guy quickly. That guy should be fodder. I don't want Adam holding onto him just to try to prove Blake wrong. Hopefully, Adam will put him up against his other country singer and send the guy home.

13. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Adam's team is ridiculously stacked this year. I have no idea who he's going to want to get rid of early, but so far, is definitely the most likely coach to win at this point. I think Shakira's team is probably the weakest at this point.

14. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Last night for the blind auditions! :cheer2:

15. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I think Blake and Usher jumped the gun on that turn for tattooed ballerina girl. She has a different style, but some of those notes were :yikes:

halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  16. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

I like seeing the mix of great singers and cannon fodder that they have chosen. This season is the first time I've watched the early parts of this show. In the next part, the judges pare down their own team- and choose the match-ups?

17. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Soulful dude has chops! He's a good singer.

18. 4rkidz

I think so far I really like the two back up singers, this guy and the woman from the other night? I forget her name? This guys looks interesting too.. great voice..

19. 4rkidz

Or she is the smartest because she has lots of fodder for the few good ones?? Jessica is cute and has a great voice.. good job Usher..

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  20. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

I have to admit I've gotten hooked on this show, and yes the personalities of the judges has a lot to do with it. Funny, charming people. It's hard to perform this way without a script and these four get it. I don't think Shakira is as outgunned as it may look, but I do think Blake really knows what he's doing.

21. Pretty Vegas

Pretty Vegas Well-Known Member

Wow, looking forward to seeing Usher's battle rounds!

22. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Will be interesting to see who gets matched up against who? This is so much better than Idol!

23. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Oftentimes it feels like the only reason Shakira pushes her button is because one of the guys pushes his button. Unless I'm a Latin singer, I would not want to be on her team.

The bluntry girl is Ok, but her sound is so old-fashioned. Blake is going to have to think of a way to make her more current.

The Katy Perry guy was really bad. Why didn't his professional musician uncle tell him to pick another song?

24. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I've only ever watched the blind auditions. How does the Steal work?

25. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

After a battle round the coach picks which one won the battle. The other one goes home unless another coach pushes his button to steal. I think each coach can steal 4 singers.

halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  26. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

This is the first season I've not been bored. The judging panel feed off one another wonderfully. The only thing missing is the cat!

27. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

If I were CeeLo or Xtina I would not be counting on my Voice paycheck next season. Assuming the ridiculously charming Usher and sexy, funny Shakira want to stay, and that the interesting personality stuff continues through the battle rounds.

28. halffull

halffull halffull kind of day

I'm loving this season. Love Usher and Shakira. Also loving the fact that the contestants seem so much better than ever before. I will be watching the whole season for the first time ever :)

taf2002 and (deleted member) like this.
  29. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

It's always interesting to see how the "cannon fodder" are used to protect the strongest contestants.

30. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

The judges are great - I love the good natured snarking amongst them with no humiliation of the contestants. And everyone invited to audition can sing - some are ordinary; others have pitch issues perhaps due to nerves or lack of training/experience, but they have some level of talent. I love that they have no William Hungs on this show. I loathe the bad audition portions of Idol, XFactor, SYTYCD.