The Voice, Season 4

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Matryeshka, Mar 26, 2013.

1. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Shakira was pregnant when they taped this. Her baby was born in January. She looks really good to be 5 months pregnant.

I love Adam Levine. He makes me laugh every week.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Everyone and their dog knows that she's going to pick Shakira.

3. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Firefighter Country Boy... :swoon: Hot Dayumn! Can we have more of him on the screen and we can all just stare?

Tattoos and Two Adorable Kids and a full time dad, yeah just send him on through! :lol

4. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

"All in favor of her picking Shakira raise your hand" :rofl:

5. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

He's also got a strong voice too, this guy is going to be one hell of a force to be reckoned with

ETA - or not, I hope the steal option is there, because Adam has a ridonculous amount of talent.

6. rfisher

Adam is the Russian junior ladies team.

7. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

no no no no!!!! Liz Lemon is awesome as is. What makes this show work is NOT making people look like everyone else.

Nice touch having her audition followed by the quintessential packaged singer. Whose voice I kinda like, but not crazy about having someone who already had a gold record get a shot on the show. ooooh, Blake knows her....awkward.

Loving Shakira as a judge. Especially now that she's not turning her chair for everyone. She's got sass.

8. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Have they said yet whether they're having steals this season?

Adam is such a great salesman. I can't believe he nabbed the firefighter. I have to say, I'm not sure it was the best choice for hte firefighter because Blake really does do a lot for his singers, especially the country ones. Plus, Adam's team is already really strong. But that guy is good enough that he'll have a country career regardless of which team he's on.

I liked the geek. I'll be curious to see what Usher does with her. I really thought she'd go with Adam. I'm glad Adam didn't get all the good ones.

9. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

ITA. Especially when Blake started the theme with the wonderful country singer who attends Baylor about starting to sing in church. Adam said,"I too started singing in church, the Jewish church!" :rofl:

10. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

im glad at audrey going through if only to hear her tell adam to sit down and be quiet (nicely)

i wore my hair like this for a while in high school, i cant believe it resurfaced

11. rfisher

I like model girl just because she snarked at Adam. And then she totally dissed Blake. :lol:

Rocker boy has a great attitude. I love watching the families backstage.

Adam is really a nice guy. I always feel sorry for the ones who don't get a chair turn.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  12. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

That was cute. And ballsy.

13. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I thought model girl came off a bit too precious. "I'm so pretty, I want to be taken seriously for something other than my looks". Oh go throw up someplace.

Meatloaf wannabe was pretty interesting. I'm starting to like Team Shakira. Can we bring her back next year?

Adam seems happier this year without Christina snarking at him.

14. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Betsy tried too much to be like Adele and it didn't work, far too much inconsistency, give it one more year and then she could be great.

15. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Dreads guy looks like Jeff Bridges. :lol:

16. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i love walking in memphis because it reminds me of that episode of the x files, post modern prometheus

17. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

This guy reminds me of someone, I don't know who... but dreads guy was really good!

18. rfisher

I'm going to hate for more good singers to go with Adam. The battle rounds will be brutal for his team. He needs some more cannon fodder.

Cannon fodder like those poor guys they cut from the performance shows. :lol:

The singers are just a bonus. The judges just crack me up. :rofl: :rofl:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  19. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

Loved dreads guy. I want more rockers. I also am trying to think who he reminds me of.

20. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

This girl has an angelic voice.

21. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Love her!! :)

22. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

Her voice was very similar to Joy Williams, from The Civil Wars, so Safe and Sound was the perfect choice for her to sing. I think she could win this year.

23. 4rkidz

4rkidz plotting, planning and travelling

I really liked the young girl, her voice is unique and she has a unique look to match her interesting voice.. I think a good fit with Blake

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  24. Impromptu

Impromptu Well-Known Member

The lead singer of the (mostly) fictional band "The Commitments"? He didn't have dreads, but he had a similar look and voice.

25. Alixana

Alixana Definitely NOT a sonogram

omg, the best parts of this show are the coaches .. Blake: "Miranda and I talking about whether we should adopt" .. :rofl:

26. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Agreed, they all really seem to play well off of each other. Usher I think is replaceable, he's a huge star, but I haven't seen him offer all that much in terms of feedback, etc. Shakira is awesome, but it's playful banter, not the persnickety stuff I've seen in the past. They're making it fun to watch.

27. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Really liked that last girl. She had a unique, interesting voice and wasn't just showing how powerful her voice was.

28. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Shakira is likeable, but she has not been a very effective saleswoman. It will be interesting to see how she and Usher are when it comes time to mentor and critique.

29. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

Adam's team is turning out to be the best so far. I kind of laugh anytime he or Blake try to sell the other coaches :lol:

30. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I think she is at a big disadvantage since she is new, and Usher has Justin Bieber to throw around.