The Voice, Season 4

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Matryeshka, Mar 26, 2013.

1. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Some of these choices are surely "cannon fodder" for the battle rounds.

2. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

OK, I feel better now. I thought he didn't seem to be playing (at least until near the end) and couldn't figure out why he was holding it. I really enjoyed them -- I liked their version of Folsom Prison Blues better than Johnny Cash's. And they were funny.

I didn't get the Cathia love at all. And Tawnya's twang was painful. I don't think she's likely to make it through the battle rounds.

And I'd like to buy Sarah Simmons' audition song now -- need to check and see if it is on iTunes. Great textures to her voice. But as dbell1 says, she sure needs a stylist, and probably shouldn't be shopping at Forever 21.

dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. fenway2

fenway2 Well-Known Member

One of the men in Midas Whale is "pen salesman" Jon Peter Lewis. :lol:

4. shan

shan Well-Known Member

From Season 3 of American Idol (I missed that last night).

5. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I've been out this week, so I'm just catching up now. I saw Monday's episode but not Tues yet. So far I like Shakira even more than Christina. Usher isn't as entertaining as CeeLo, but he hasn't done anything to make me dislike him.

6. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Me too. She's got a nice sense of humor. I'm looking forward to hearing her sing and watching her work with her team. I don't get the feeling like it is all about Shakira -- and that was definitely the feeling I had with Christina. (I wonder if it chaps her hide that Maroon 5 is now riding their third hit from their album.)

Except for Christina, I've always had the feeling that The Voice coaches valued really good singing more than knocking some other coach's artist, which is something the X Factor didn't ever manage to do.

7. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i really like shakira too

usher reminds me of a troll doll

8. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

My daughter just showed me the youtube video by Noah- the original arrangement and performance of Sexy and I Know It. Apparently the guy did mention that he wasn't covering the song in an original way, but it didn't make the cut to the airing.

Now Noah has a killer voice.

9. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I watched episode 2 and I have to say Usher is growing on me. He seems willing to take a chance on singers outside his own style, and he seems to be developing a nice relationship with Blake. Plus it may be Justin Bieber, but he has some experience developing a younger singer.

Adam definitely seems to be building the strongest team so far.

10. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

I am really late to the party. I've never seen the blind auditions before and only watched one episode of The Voice last year -- but this show is a lot of fun. The singers seem a lot more talented than the typical Idol aspirants and the judges are hilarious. I can't decide which of those three guys I like the best, to tell you the truth.

(They re-ran the first two episodes on NBC tonight. I'm sold. And I think Adam has the most talented lineup so far.)

11. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

I missed the 1st episode so I got to watch it tonight. Judith Hill is amazing. I can't remember if they showed her in the film "This Is It" but if they did I was probably focusing on MJ & missed her. I was so spellbound that whole film that I don't think I moved for entire time. When I saw it & realized how hard everyone was working to make it a great tour, I was struck by how devastated those young singers & dancers must have been to miss out on doing that tour, not to mention losing a huge talent & mentor like Michael. I'm just glad Judith is getting the opportunity to have such a huge platform to introduce her to so many potential fans. I'm really looking forward to hearing her again.

I also really liked the guy who they thought was a girl.

12. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Bumping this up, first duo going with their fellow Okie, not a surprise, they're fodder for the battles and will likely go out.

13. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Blake will put them up against the twins. I'm betting on the brothers.

Red haired gymnast is very pretty. Not surprised Adam or Blake didn't turn. Neither would have Xtina or CeeLo. She got the newbies.

I'm a little surprised they didn't turn for the Brazilian guy. I think he should have sung a different song. And he's pretty. :(

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  14. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't have turned for the gymnast either, way too screechy for me.

15. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Brazilian guy is okay, but far too many inconsistent moments in his voice. All over the place. Needs to learn to tone it down.

16. my little pony

im glad they didnt turn for sam

17. rfisher

PML at Blake and Adam trying to fake each other out. Adam's battle rounds are going to be a blood bath. I hope the steal option will be there again.

:rofl: Adam sang in the Jewish church. Gusher.

18. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

This is the first country girl on the voice, who's voice I've really enjoyed to an extent, she doesn't have that thin, nasally B/S Taylor Swift type of voice. This one could go far.

19. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Really? I would have actually turned for this guy, he had a nice voice and damn he's cute! Oh well.

20. PRlady

Boy I feel sorry for the ones who are singing to backs of chairs....all the way through. Because it's not like Idol, with deluded wannebees. All these people are pretty good.

21. rfisher

This girl is awesome and needs a total makeover for playing outside the smoky clubs. I think she should go with Shakira because she has the weakest team and she could out sing the others. It would be a mistake to go with Adam.

I will remember her band's name and I'd pay to see them perform.

22. my little pony

yes and yes

23. PRlady

Chick with glasses is smart and courageous enough to ask them questions, good for her.

24. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people could relate to this girl, I don't think she needs a make over, I just say let her be herself, because that's what people are going to relate to. There's an absolute honest quality that a lot of people will feel. I got it, so I say rock on with your bad self!

25. PRlady

I wonder about the poor actor whose big break is personally training a duck.

26. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

The blind auditions are my favorite part. The banter between the coaches is funny and the replacements this season are as good or better than the original coaches IMO.

Sassafras and (deleted member) like this.
  27. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Hmm... not sure what I think about this...

500,000 people bought a record for her?! Blech!

28. rfisher

I think we know why the label took the contract away. She's just like a million other Nashville wannabes.

29. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I remember her from several years ago. She sounds so different. I don't know anything about MS, but could it affect someone's voice?

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  30. PRlady

Yes. It affects the brain stem as well as the nervous system, but the progression is different for everyone. I remember her too.