The Voice, Season 4

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Matryeshka, Mar 26, 2013.

1. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Is that what his inane coffee comments are about? I thought he was poking fun at the obvious Starbucks sponsorship (like how on AI they always have a cok cup in front of them). I wasn't aware that he had any drinking issues - when I read tabloid weeklies at the gym they just talk about his womanizing :shuffle:

I wish! I'm pretty sure we're heading for a Lindsay Lohan win.

2. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Yes, ugh. I also hate that index finger thing he does. OK the 1st season, just stupid now.

3. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

This is the first season I've really watched. Blake's schtick doesn't bother me although I didn't pick up the coffee jokes either. And it's no secret that reality show viewership skews red-state. I'm listening to the new Killers album at the moment; never does anyone sing their stuff on talent shows although its pretty accessible by alternative standards. Why? Shows are geared to pop and country.

I think Danielle and amber and holly and the swons are going to split the demographic, and Michelle or Sasha can win. :)

4. genevieve

Rock Star (both the INXS and Supernova seasons - and produced by the same team that created The Voice) featured Killers songs :drama: :wuzrobbed

5. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

which one is lindsey lohan?

6. genevieve

the one who looks just like her circa The Parent Trap, aka Danielle

7. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Bring back Rock Star! :mitchell:

Marty's Mr. Brightside. :swoon:

8. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

I am SOOOOOO glad Judith is gone. WOOHOO! She can sing, but she had this attitude of, "I've paid my dues, and I've been so close. This is my last chance, and you all have to vote for me because this is my last chance." So long-- you've had your chances, and guess what? You haven't made it. Time to get a job at Macys.

9. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I didn't get that vibe from her. I respected that she didn't try to capitalize on MJ's death, although I think she took it to extremes.

10. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

And his version of "Wish You Were Here". Or Jordis doing "The Man Who Saved The World", and hell, even JD with freaking "Pretty Vegas" - good stuff back then. Gotta love Mark Burnett for breaking the bank to buy decent songs.

11. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Too bad he didn't make enough money to get a network to pick it up again. :shuffle:

12. PrincessLeppard

:wuzrobbed

13. my little pony

that's not the problem. season 1 was a unique thing. to have a famous band that was short a singer, who would be really serious and respectful of the process - is really hard to find. in season 2, they tried to fabricate a band but it wasnt the same. you just knew it was never going to happen with supernova.

in theory, id love to have the show back. but i cant think of a band in need of a singer that would be as professional as INXS.

14. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Tommy Lee killed the show. And INXS retired after kicking JD to the curb. Maybe Dave Navarro could search for his new tru wuv on Rock Star: Hamster Tattoos?

And I bought tickets to go see "Supernova" since Dave's band "The Panic Channel" opened the show. SN were freaking horrid. Like people walking out horrid.

Back to Adam's 'controversial' "I hate this country" comment. I would totally lose it if it was a patriotic cover night next week - Swons could do "American Woman", Holly could do "God Bless the USA", Danielle can just sing some Toby Keith drivel and grin her way through and still hit #1 on iTunes. Poor guy had to do a total PR apology today and then Usher steals Blake. :lol:

15. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

I thought for a minute that Adam was alluding to racism, with three blondes beating Judith, but I don't think so now. He was just pissed and frustrated.

16. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I thought he meant people who vote country.

17. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

That was my initial thought. That he was tired of the country thing.

18. PrincessLeppard

I would just like to see them search for a rock singer. The winner doesn't have to go with a particular band. I just want to see a show with no country and minimal ballads. Unless they are power ballads. ;)
    I say that whenever I see something stupid, like a Facebook page called "Kick out the Muslims" or something. And if three country singers made it over my singer, that would probably prompt a similar comment from me as well.

19. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I love this country because we are allowed to say we hate this country. And when I watch the results of reality show voting, I often hate this country too. For a second, like Adam. Then, its just a reality show, take a chill pill.

20. my little pony

i LOVE that people are voting for tina fey
    i wasnt sure they would

21. chantilly

chantilly Active Member

I don't think Adam was making a comment about country music, otherwise he would have said, I hate "Country", not "this country" He was simply frustrated by the vote against Judith who let's face it is way too talented to be voted off. It to me was just another variation of "America got it wrong." I don't think it it was that big a deal. People need to cool their tits about it. I am not saying here. But like everything else that goes viral via social media, mountains are being made out of molehills. I get that in today's age of social media every little thing you do and say is being analyzed especially if you are in the public eye, you need to be careful. But it seems to me that it goes way over-board and people get skewered or lose their job over an off the cuff comment. People are just way over-offended these days over the most ridiculous things. Over-political correctness is so annoying these days.

Rob and (deleted member) like this.
  22. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

Why only one elimination tomorrow?

23. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Because they need an extra week to carry the show till after the July 4th weekend?

That should have been a great song for Holly, but it didn't work for me. Started out well, but kind of tapered off at the end. Usher translation: I don't have anything bad to say, but I don't have anything good either. Where's Michelle? Who are all these other people and why are they on Michelle's stage?

24. PrincessLeppard

Bad song choice for Michelle. I didn't like it at all.

25. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

The original is not much better than elevator music, and that didn't change my mind. Do people vote more ballads? I need an Amanda (who I'm still mad didn't win :mad: ) Dream On .

26. PRlady

PRlady Smoking

Agreed. Not impressed with first two songs at all.

27. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

The song spoilers alone are a bad sign. This really is Country Idol.

28. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Adam seems really subdued tonight. :shuffle:

Holly didn't do well on the Martina song. And Michelle seemed lost in the stage fog with that talky thing Usher gave her.

29. my little pony

the swons song doesnt sound any better than the jingle from the ice cream truck outside. and at least he came bearing cold treats.

30. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Oh hell no to those hooker square dancers in the background. :scream: