The Voice, Season 4

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Matryeshka, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I liked the Robin Thicke song. It looked like everyone on that stage was having fun, especially the Voices.

2. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Blurred lines. Apparently, it's doing quite well for him.
    Chris from Team Shakira safe. Hopefully, they're saving Sasha for :drama:

Swons safe :cheer2: :rofl: clearly Danielle and Holly haven't spent much time line dancing in a country bar. Bless them.

Team Adam: Sarah safe. Ruh oh. That means either Amber or Judith are going home. :wuzrobbed Unless one team loses two singers.

Team Usher: Josiah safe :cheer2:

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  3. Matryeshka

Sarah, Josiah, Swon Brothers, Kris. That's most of my picks gone. I don't know if they're going bottom to top or trying to show all teams as even.

I'm guessing--hoping--it's Vedo and Garrett gone.

4. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I'm betting on Garrett and Vedo going home. But, Blake's drum major Holly can march off stage and I'd be fine too...

5. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Holly made it through. wow, great.....

6. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Yikes most of the ones I am not crazy about are in.

7. Matryeshka

Holly has a great voice, she just doesn't know how to use it. She needs vocal lessons.

Whoever is dressing Holly needs to dress Sarah. Sarah is not really any bigger than Holly, but she looks three times her actual size in those clothes. There's vintage, and there's garage sale.

8. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Garrett and Vedo out. I preferred Garrett to some others, but he wasn't in my top 5.

9. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

and there's night of a thousand stevies. maybe her clothes are a subliminal message to her people to pick up the phone.

10. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Aw, I liked Garrett :shuffle: I was afraid that Sasha AND Garrett were going to go home though :eek:

I liked that Robin Thicke song - has an '80s vibe to it, but updated. Very Robert Palmer-ish.

11. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

They re-aired the live rounds which lasted for an hour b/c they cut out the backstage crap and just aired the performances. I wish it was like every week, so that I don't have to sit through 2hrs of it.

I have a feeling another Casadee is gonna win due to the itunes bonus votes which is based on popularity rather than the 'voice'.

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  12. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

I loved the Robin Thicke performance & Blake's team performance. Adam's team was a disappointment. I liked Vedo & Garrett but even if they had survived last night they would have been gone in the next week or so. My least favorite contestant is Sarah, then Josiah, then Holly so I wouldn't be sorry to see them go. I love Sasha's voice but she needs to listen to Shakira about the theatrical stuff. Or listen to how Amber does it - powerful but not OTT.

I want the finale to have Judith, Michelle, Kris, & the Swons (not the best voices but charisma to spare - I think they will be a huge country hit) in it. I love Kris but he needs the right songs. I saw on another site the suggestion that he sing a Prince song, maybe Kiss. That sounds perfect for his voice. But Shakira needs to let him have some say in song choice. He & Coulton Swon are so good-looking that maybe that has some influence on my favoritism. :grope:

13. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Before the elimination:

My Favorites: Judith, Sasha, Michelle, Amber
    Then Danielle, Kris, Sarah
    Then Garrett, Vedo, Swons
    Then Holly
    Then Josiah

14. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

15. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I know this will not be a popular opinion, but I'd welcome Xtina and Cee-Lo back instead of Adam and Blake :shuffle:

16. peibeck

peibeck Counting down the days 'til Skate America

Bumping for tonight's show.

Holly singing "How Great Thou Art." When I tuned in I thought I accidently was still on PBS and Lawrence Welk was on. :shuffle:

Judith paying tribute to her mentor, Michael Jackson.

17. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

In my ideal world, Cee Lo returns, but Xtina stays gone and takes Adam with her. Blake is not nearly as insufferable when he's not playing off of Adam. I've always been a fan of Xtina and Adam as performers, but as personalities, I like them both far less after watching them on this show.

Is anybody watching tonight anyway? I hope everyone is safe from this insane weather.

18. Matryeshka

I love Xtina's clever bitchiness and Cee-Lo's out-there costumes. I like Shakira and Usher, but they don't add a lot to the banter which is the most important part.

Oh Lord, my God why did you allow Holly to sing this song? Those first few notes were so off. It truly irks me when someone has a great tone and no ear whatsoever.

Watching behind--I love Usher struggling with not wanting to praise her but not wanting to criticize the Jesus girl. All this purity of the voice is such crap--I know they don't want to mean like on other songs, but this season seems to be so gushing. They need Xtina on there to smack em down and say WTF?

19. peibeck

We're due for a big thunderstorm in my area, and after watching the news am keeping one on the TV and another (wary) eye on the weather reports.

I agree that Shakira and Usher add little to the banter, but I do like their different coaching styles.

I can't say tonight's Swon brothers song did anything for me. And they let the cute one sing too much of a solo. :lol:

20. peibeck

Oh no, Amber, that version of "Breakaway" was terrible. :scream:

21. peibeck

Sasha Allen slayed "Next to Me." :respec:

Oy, Josiah is butchering Coldplay's "Clocks." This is surely the worst performance of the night.

22. rfisher

Adam and Judith need to pick better songs or Sasha will continue to kill her. I think they are equally talented, but I have to give Sasha/Shakira the edge tonight.

Danielle has the best chance of commercial success. She can sing, she's cute and she can totally tap the Taylor Swift market if handled right. She needs a really good manager who will get a good song and video in the works for her. The best thing about the Voice compared to AI is the singer isn't bound to a producer. It's up to them. If they get lucky, they have a shot. And Blake will take her on tour just like he has his other singers.

23. Matryeshka

With the exception of Sasha, this has been the worst episode I've ever seen in song choice and vocal performance. Danielle and Amber are usually reliable, but both were really under the pitch.

24. peibeck

I really don't get the Danielle hype at all. Her voice is not that spectacular or special in any way to me, and her delivery belies her age. And tonight her voice was as flat as her performance. :blah:

25. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

I thought Danielle nailed that song, an old favorite of mine. But amber was really off and it is so past time for Josiah to get gone.

26. peibeck

This has been like "The Voice's" tribute to "American Idol" as a lot of these songs were just one in the last few weeks on that show. *sigh*

Kris has an amazing voice, but I've yet to really be blown away by one of his performances. Great technique but a total emotional disconnect for me.

27. Ares

Ares Guest

Josiah yet again talking about how hard it is to be so good looking. :rolleyes:

28. rfisher

Don't diss Shakira's singers or she'll kick your ass.

Rocker Sarah is much better than ballad Sarah. If for no other reason than she's dressed a thousand times better.

29. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

What WAS that song Sarah sang?

30. Alixana

Alixana who is on vacation!!

Mama Knows Best -- Jessie J