The Voice, Season 4

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Matryeshka, Mar 26, 2013.

1. PRlady

PRlady Who gives a fig?

Since I've never watched it regularly until this season, I'll take your word for it. Rather :watch: to see what happens, actually, I'm enjoying this in a way I haven't liked Idol since Adam's season.

2. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

:slinkaway oh! i guess it is sunny where she lives

either way, that's older for reality tv so go shawna!

3. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

That and playing bars for the past 25 years. :lol:

4. PRlady

PRlady Who gives a fig?

I had the same impression mlp did. :shuffle: And I am over 55...

Actually I missed Shawna's battle and watched it today on nbc.com. Eh. I think there must be more talented middle-aged ladies out there.

5. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

Question: what happens if the last battle is over and a judge still has a steal left? Can he/she steal from any of the prior performers, or must he/she default to the contestent eliminated in the last battle?

6. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

I wonder if they aired the performances in a different order from which they actually occurred.

7. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure the battles are not aired in correct order. I think the judges know what the pairings are and have a general idea of who they want, and pace themselves accordingly. I'm sure that if they got to the end and they still had a steal then they would steal out of necessity. The real question would be what would happen if TWO judges had steals left by the last battle.

I know that in the first season of Blind Auditions, a couple judges hadn't filled their teams by the time all the contestants were put through, so a couple of the earlier ones were re-auditioned for a second chance. I'm pretty sure they've fixed that since then by having faaar more contestants waiting to audition then there are possible slots so it's very unlikely for the judges to run out of choices.

8. Rogue

Rogue Sexy Superhero

Or if a judge still had a steal and the only battle left was his own team.

9. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

What happens if the judges teams have already filled up before all the contestants have performed?

Last edited: Apr 26, 2013
  10. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Then the contestants go home without an audition. Nobody is guaranteed a chance to perform in front of the judges....the producers make sure the ones they like the best go towards the top and leave some extras at the bottom. If they don't get to go on, tough.

11. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

Me wanted to see nerdy girl. I think there were some contestants that were eliminated, but were never shown performing fully either in the blind auditions or in the battle rounds. I think all the contestants that made it through the blind auditions should be shown fully at least once before getting eliminated.

12. rfisher

Unless they totally tank, I'm betting Adam will go with Midas Whale as one of his four for the live rounds. Amber is OK, but there are a lot of good female singers this season. Clearly, I was wrong. I think that was a mistake on his part. She won't win.

Garett vs Tanya (Is she one of the singers who was chacked during both previous rounds? I don't remember her at all). Tanya singing a Miranda Lambert song. Shakira takes the blame for the song. Blake just cracks me up. I could have gone either way, but Garrett really has improved.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  13. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

I thought Amber was better than OK.

14. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

I'm not surprised he kept Amber, but Midas Whale got some good promo for the indie folk kind of music they play, and hopefully they'll have a good season on the alternative festival circuit. Probably about 1/2 of my playlist is obscure artists from that genre- the internet makes it so easy to get great music.

15. PRlady

PRlady Who gives a fig?

Not a strong feeling about Garrett vs Tonya.

16. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I remember Amy Whitcomb from The Sing Off. I think she's talented. Caroline was just kind of there for me before, but I'm curious to see what she does with Little Talks because I LOVE that song

17. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Battles: Adam is dead to me. :lol: Midas might have been off, but ugh at Amber.

Shakira really likes Garrett.

Who is this screechy thing ruining House of the Rising Sun? :scream:

18. shan

shan Well-Known Member

That version of House of the Rising Sun hurt my ears. :yikes:

19. rfisher

HOTRS should never, ever be screechy. Ever. I hated the arrangement, but I could forgive that. But not the screeching. Hopefully her opponent will make this a no-brainer for Adam. Adam did live longer for you than he usually does. :lol:

20. shan

shan Well-Known Member

I remember seeing Amy Whitcomb in the montages. Is the first performance that's been shown?

21. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Yes. That's not a good sign for her, but you never know.

22. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Oh I remember Caroline as the girl with the "unique" tone, which I don't think is unique really at all. I don't care who wins.

23. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I thought that Adam would plan to keep Midas Whale because of the AI fans that are voters. But, I personally view them as a novelty act and not very authentic. I'm not sure they'd be embraced by indie fans. Have they written and recorded their own music that you can buy online?

24. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Neither were great to me. I thought Amy would be better. Caroline did okay, but compared to Nanna from Of Monsters and Men, that wasn't great.

25. rfisher

Oops. Adam not impressed with either of his singers. Neither was I this time around. The talent depth is too deep this season for anybody to just be so-so.

Chris vs. BabyShikara1. I'd go with the Cuban baby. I think she has an awesome future in the Latin pop princess market. Chris was really good, but I'd go with Mary.

Of course all these singers so far have to compete against Judith, Sasha and Karina who are going to kill them.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2013
  26. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Baby Shakira can not pull off a song about stalking. Hope she doesn't keep this girl.

27. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

mary reminds me of anacani from lawrence welk (who wasnt the best singer but i LOVED her because i thought she was so pretty)

28. shan

shan Well-Known Member

It was really kind of bad. :scream:

29. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Oh my. Catching up, and what is this thing shrieking House of the Rising Sun? I want her to personally apologize to me and every person in New Orleans.

ETA: On second thought, the shrieking doesn't sound so bad. Rachel Bilson needs to go back to the coffee shop. She needs to apologize to my ears.

30. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Adam's about to cliff Orlando. Back to the grocery store for the poor guy.