The Voice S2 thread 2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by genevieve, Apr 10, 2012.

1. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Chris in 4th, not a shock. I think its down to Juliet vs. Lucca

2. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Tony in third place.
    Juliet has got this in the bag now!

3. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

Tony 3rd.

4. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

YESSS Lucca is third! hahaha take that Levine and the Beliebers!

5. Cheylana

O.M.G.
    Jermaine WON?????

6. LuckyCharm

Jermaine? Wow!

7. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

4th Chris very gracious if a little stunned
    3rd Tony well, well. Interesting.
    2nd and 1st separated by less than 4%
    winner is Jermaine. I'm thinking his Soul Man with Blake put him through last night.

I had no problems with any of them winning. Good for all of them. Hope things work out well for them all.

8. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

DA FECK?!?!?!??! :mad::mad::mad::scream::scream::scream:

9. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Blake looks happier than Jermaine.

10. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

Well, I was ABT, but I won't be buying anything Jermaine puts out. Meh.

11. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Jermaine? Well, he sounds like a nice guy. I'm happy for him.

But I really thought once Tony Lucca was in third place, Juliet had it.

12. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:rofl: FAIL, America, FAIL!

Silver lining ...
    1. At least it wasn't cheesy Tony. :HA!:
    2. Now I can just FFWD the DVD to Chris' trio, and save myself 90 minutes.

13. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Wow this is complete and utter BS

EPIC America Failure again...

14. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

He's going to sing I Believe I can Fly. I believe I am changing the channel.

15. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

That is so funny. I guess Blake was right that Jermaine was the one to beat. I am very suprised. But, Juliet had one of her worst nights last night and Jermaine had one of his best. Tony turned his own fans off and I guess the Justins couldn't save him. IMO, last night Chris looked like a weak version of Josh Groban, so I'm not that surprised.

16. rfisher

Don't do that. The outtakes are hysterical. Apart from the Beib, the music by all the contestants tonight was good.

17. LuckyCharm

Agree with all of the above. If Juliet had performed like she did last week I believe the outcome would have been different, but that's the way it goes.

18. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Christina forgot her pants again. Must be Beiber fever.

THANK YOU AMERICA - Lucca in 3rd. Katrina would be have been higher I think.

Wow! Jermaine won. I'm shocked. Guess I thought his win over Erin was a reflection on her small fan base, not his big one. Not upset with is win, he was a class act the whole way.

Poor Juliet - I thought she had that in the bag. :(

19. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I thought I was ok with anyone winning but I didn't expect this. I predict we will never hear from him again until next year's finale but it really couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. And I enjoyed his song with the 3 other guys the most of all the performance tonight. Even James sounded good.

20. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Jermaine was never in the bottom in the audience voting, now that I think about it.

21. Cheylana

I didn't realize Jermaine is from NY. My local news station hasn't been this jubilant since Sarah Hughes won the OGM. :p

I think Juliet would have won if she hadn't been ill last night, so she didn't win over the casual viewers who didn't tune in until the final. Rotten timing! :(

Luckily, Cee-lo said he would sign Juliet if she didn't win, so I think she'll still be ok. :)

22. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I'm trying to figure out what kind of album Jermaine will make. The songs he did on the show don't give us a great indication.

23. rfisher

All four of last year's finalists got a contract. I suspect all 4 of this year's will as well. Their ultimate success depends on luck, getting a good song, getting an agressive agent, luck, and promotion. All are professional singers. The Voice has given them a face to the public. Jermaine seems like a really nice guy and I wish him success.

I wonder if Blake will take Jermaine on tour with him? I thought Soul Man was excellent and I could see Jermaine being a front act for Blake even if he goes the R&B route. Country is the new R&B. Lionel Ritchie is doing a country album so maybe Jermaine will follow that path.

24. Sally1214

Sally1214 Active Member

Good for Jermaine! I'm very happy for him. He's a very good singer and seems like a nice guy.

In a way, I think both Jermaine and Juliet are winners. Jermaine probably needed "the win" more. There's only so much his coach, Blake, could do to promote/help him in the future. Their music genres are just SO different.

OTOH, Ceelo already said he plans to continue working with Juliet and.. who knows? .... maybe with his help, she'll finally succeed this time (whereas she's failed with several record deals before).

So, huge kudos to them both. And ... Chris and Tony were great too. Hope they all do well.

25. Cheylana

Beverly didn't.

26. victoriaheidi

victoriaheidi New Member

This was NOT what I expected at ALL. Lyndsey Parker's blog will be a must-read, because she kept saying that the chances of Jermaine winning were so freaking low.

27. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

ugh. 2 years in a row that the most mainstream, least interesting performer (with admittedly a very good voice, compared to Javier's awesome excellent voice last year) won. I thought for sure Lucca would be in the top 2.

I really, really liked Chris' trio with Katrina and Lyndsey. It was a weird little arrangement but it worked, and Chris showed more personality than he has all season. Would love to see them tour together.

Jamar getting asked to 2 finalists' songs - not bad!

Jordis :wuzrobbed That was a terrible song choice, both for her and for Tony! It was painful hearing him not quite reach that higher "GO you own way" every single chorus :scream:

The Voice seems to have bought Beatles tunes in bulk this year, along with Adele's entire 21 album.

Purrfect for the win!

(((Juliet)))

28. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

WTF ??? Jermaine ??? Really ???

I thought Juliet had it in the bag really, she's THAT amazing. Sad for her :(

But Jermaine ? He's dull to me. I can't even remember one of his songs from this season. Still he's better than Tony MouseClub with a voice like ... well he doesn't have a particularly good voice, but his personality strikes me as interesting.

Ok why all the hate against Adam ? He wants to win, he did that last year, this year's Blake's turn to win. Both are amazing at coaching. Adam can be a little dicator but it works and it's interesting and not boring. Blake probably is the best coach of the lot.

Cee-Lo and Xtina are divas. Funny divas but divas still. Cee-Lo has learned a lot from last year's experience and it showed in how he produced his team this year.
    I didn't see anything new about how Xtina worked.

29. rfisher

Yes, she did. She's just finished recording an album.

30. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

Purrfect was the star of the show, imo. I hope the cat has a multi-year contract.