The Voice S2 thread 2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by genevieve, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Tony deserved to go through over James last night, so it will be a bummer if CeeLo doesn't save him. Plus, CeeLo already has met his quota for crazy choices this season.

2. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I think people will riot in the streets if Ceelo saves Erin. :yikes:

3. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

If I was a sculpta? I'd plug my ears with spackle. Make her go away!

4. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

Adam picks....blah blah blah....Cheesa.
    Blake picks...yadda yadda...Cheesa.
    Xtina picks...wait, Adam's rambling again...Cheesa. What was that shit she said to Tony?

CeeLo picks Cheesa. Actually said, "My mind says Tony, but my heart says Cheesa." What crap.

5. Allskate

CeeLo's heart said Cheesa? WTF? He needs to see a cardiologist.

Cheylana, dbell1, rfisher and 3 others like this.
  6. LuckyCharm

:rofl:

7. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

That sucked. Voldy won me over tonight. But Cee Lo's team was too guy heavy. He needed a woman to balance out the testosterone.

At least he didn't go with Erin? :wall:

8. Allskate

With coaches backing the cute RaeLynn and the karaoke Cheesa, and ignoring the flaws of the younguns, they may soon have to change the title of the show. Good grief. James and RaeLynn and Cheesa are more suited to Idol. Or that's what I thought.

9. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

:lynch: WTF Cee Lo

10. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

at least erin makes me chuckle

cheesa from her name to her singing has never brought me anything but wtf is cee lo thinking

11. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

This show sucks. I'm tired. That's as profound as I can get tonight.

12. Allskate

BTW, Cheesa did rank on ITunes. She was way down in the 600s. The only one who did worse was Erin. Tony Vincent was way ahead of Erin.

I guess Angie can't tweet "Justice served." :lol:

13. rfisher

I doubt it matters who they save in this round as they are most likely to go out in the next. There are some good singers left. I really don't know who is going to end up in the final 4 this season, but the winner should be one of either CeeLo's top two or Xtina's.

14. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Tony V has been one of my favs from the start. I can see him fronting a band. He's the only one of the 8 tonight that I can see having real commercial success. I think he's fabulous. If he had been given the right song last night I think he would have been voted thru.

I couldn't believe all the judges picked Chessa. They must be hearing something we don't hear. At least he didn't pick Erin.

15. Allskate

IMO, it's not about what they heard. It's about what they saw on the ITunes rankings. They know how very low Cheesa was and they know that she is less of a threat to them than Tony. Blake and Adam look at the ITunes rankings constantly. Cheesa did not come across very well in terms of personality in the battle rounds, either. I don't think the pageant performance from tonight has changed that. :lol:

Also, it's been clear to me that Adam and Christina have been using their comments to try to influence coaches (and voters) to pick the weaker singers. Among other things, last night, Christina tried telling us that Karla was a pleasant surprise. :lol:

Note to the judges: if you think the contestants weren't trying before tonight, that's nonsense. But, maybe the contestants would do better if the coaches did a better job choosing songs for them and if the contestants thought that their coaches supported their artistic visions and were going to make decisions based on the quality of such performances.

16. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Team Adam - seeing them all together made me realize Adam does not have a very strong team left. I liked Pip ok last night but he's not going to win this. Mathai is just ok. I think Tony Lucca is the strongest of the 3 that were voted through but I don't know that he has staying power. Xtina clearly has never watched Idol because she should have known better about pushing people to sympathy votes. Kim and Katrina were the only 2 on Team Adam I thought really had a chance. So very grateful that Katrina was saved (and based on the performances I'd have to agree).

Team Cee-Lo had the battle of the sekret superheroes. Carson got the 2 obvious safe singers out of the way right off the bat, and then....James? :lol: headband of power indeed.

Here's where it got interesting. Tony Vincent brought the Voldemort - if only he'd done that performance last night instead of the smiley happy people version of TfF. He even chose another '80s staple to woo Cee Lo (well played). Cheesa.... gotta give credit where it's due - I did not expect her to hit that glory note, and she not only hit it but held it. It obliterated everything else about the performance! That's a special super power.

Oh, Erin.....you know when Adam was saying everyone performed their very best tonight? he wasn't talking about you. Seriously, that sucked. it showed that her voice isn't naturally that "unique" - it's an effect she uses to cover up the fact that she can't sing. Her Emperor's New Coif usually distracts us, but last night's wig showed cracks in her facade and tonight's pageant hair revealed the truth. Lesson learned: Live by the hairdo, die by the hairdo.

Tony V totally deserved to go through, but Cheesa's Glory Note of Forgetfulness left all the judges so mesmerized that Cee Lo had to choose her. Or at least he needed more cannon fodder to make sure both of his real superheroes could make it through the next round.

I miss last season.

17. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

I rather enjoyed that episode! :)

:confused: Far more than Blake did, apparently. What's up with Big Country? He seems to be getting grumpier and more old man curmudgeonly with each passing episode.

:rofl: Cheesa getting into the F16 makes me PML. Ooh, what a talent!

:blah: Garage boy advancing ... WTH? With those big ears, shrunken face, and hunch back, he looks like an old man without wrinkles

:shuffle: 1D Tony certainly hasn't forgotten his Mousekateer camera hog skills ... always manages to slide in right up next to Carson for all the beauty shots

:cold: Adam's team is relatively awful, innit?

:( Goodbye Tony Voldemort ... I shall miss your dramatik praying mantisesque song delivery, and I mean that, genuinely, in the best way

Good riddance Karla ... I will have nightmares featuring your herky-jerky gait and possessed left hand :scream:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012
  18. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:sekret: Surprise twist for the Round of 16 live shows.

WTH?

Not sure if some here consider the twist a spoiler, but anyway ...
    Hmm ... the big deal was that the public gets to decide from R24 onward, but now due to someone's [who do you think pressed it? producers? Adam?] panic or other insistence, the coaches get to/have to kill off their red headed stepchildren before the public votes for Final 8. Well, at least this should take out James or Cheesa.

19. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

I hate that the show is just making up the rules as it goes along. It feels super manipulative! :mad:

Based on this twist, I'm thinking that
    James Massone is dunzo now; maybe also Pip.

20. LuckyCharm

I'm guessing
    Chris Mann is out
    , too.

But what on Earth will Blake do? Get rid of Jermaine, I bet. I mean, what use does Big Daddy Blake have for a grown, confident man? Or maybe he'll off Erin to eliminate a legitimate threat to his precious RaeLynn going all the way.

ETA: Rewatching this week's shows, and getting more and more PO'd that Tony V. got the boot. I think if he'd done something like "Sweet Dreams" in the first place, he would have been voted safe by the viewers.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  21. Allskate

I don't think any of the blacked out stuff is a spoiler. It's just an explanation of the format for the next phase of the competition and speculation by posters here as to who will or will not make it through to the next round.

I'm not sure the format is much of a surprise. Didn't the judges get input into who who went home last season up until the last round?

My hope is that James and Cheesa will be out by the end of this next phase, but who knows what kind of craziness CeeLo might engage in. One way or another, I think Cheesa will be out of it because I don't think she has very many people voting for her at all. Juliet and Jamar definitely should be the last two standing out of these four.

I'm guessing that Katrina and Pip will go home. I wouldn't be surprised if Christina cuts loose Chris and if Ashley ends up going home as well. Blake and Miranda will make sure RaeLynn stays to the end, so I'm guessing that it will be Jordis and Jermaine who go home from Team Blake.

They can't let both RaeLynn and James get to the final or it will make a mockery of the show's name.

22. LuckyCharm

Quarter finals starting. Team Blake and Team Xtina up. One person from each team will face instant elimination tonight. Judges pretending to be shocked by this.

RaeLynn doing "She's Country" by Jason Aldean. Seriously, if RaeLynn could actually sing, I think I'd lover her.

Maybe I'm losing my mind, but she actually doesn't suck tonight.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  23. my little pony

is that what she is saying? it sounds like she is saying Coltrane.

she's drunk eden woods in 10 yrs

24. LuckyCharm

If she'd lose that stupid affectation, I think she'd actually sing much better. Nobody in country sings like that. I don't understand why she and Blake think it works.

Jesse Campbell up next with "Halo." Puke.

I thought he sounded a bit strained in the beginning. Really brought it home at the end though. He's still one of my favorites. That song is still rubbish.

25. LuckyCharm

Jordis will do "A Little Bit Stronger" by Sara Evans. Wearing a fugly 80's pageant dress that looks especially stupid against her tattoos.

Sounds beautiful yet totally dull.

26. rfisher

Team Blake
    Raylynn will go through, no doubt
    Jordis: Is this the anti-rocker Jordis? Pagent dress?????? Don't know about what Blake will do with her.

Team Xtina
    Jesse: I thought he did well, but Xtina seemed very reserved in her praise. She mostly commented on the pictures of him and his kid.

OOOOOhhhh Xtina is going to sing. :cheer2:

Oh. My. Xtina's outfit. :rofl: So Xtina. The woman totally subscribes to the if you've got it flaunt it school of thought.

27. my little pony

jesse - both seasons i have wondered if christina knows very many songs, he's better than that song

jordis - ita boring, plus she's cant compete with belters on ballads. i liked her a lot better on rock star. it has taken me weeks to admit that to myself enough to type it out.

genevieve and (deleted member) like this.
  28. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I just downloaded Jordis' "Stronger". Loved it.

What the hell is XTina wearing? :lol:

29. my little pony

she's fine for clothes but if you want to go pantless, there's a higher standard

dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  30. 4rkidz

4rkidz plotting, planning and travelling

not really a great look for her is it :yikes: :scream: