The Voice S2 thread 2

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by genevieve, Apr 10, 2012.

1. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

carry on!

2. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Apparently, Xtina has started a war with former Mouseys over Tony Lucca. Justin Timberlake tweeted that he's supporting Tony which was the reason she commented that not only was Tony one-dimensional, but he shouldn't go through based on celebrity support. :watch: We sooooooooo need Brit to team up with Xtina and have a real fight with Tony/Justin. The battle of the Mouseys! Wouldn't that be a good battle round.

3. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

juliet is # 24 on itunes

4. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Juliet killed it and Jamar was surprisingly good. Looks like CeeLo has some contenders.

5. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I don't think there was anything surprising about Jamar being good, but I find his personality more off-putting than Charlotte Sometimes. :yikes: Gave him a few votes, but that was all I could manage.

6. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I feel the same way but I gave him no votes. He'll go thru without me. Juliet sounded good and she acted ok last night but I didn't like what she had to say in the battle rounds. I didn't like her song even though it was good for her. I found it unpleasant.

The person I enjoyed the most (singer AND song) was Katrina (her demeanor is adorable), followed by Tony V.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  7. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Juliet: :kickass:

Jamar: :)

The rest :blah: to :scream:

Tony Luca: It was brutal, but ITA with Xtina ... :blah: he is so one-note ... looks and sounds like he's pushing out a hard poo every performance. And, I've been shocked at Internet types thinking he's got a good chance for the finals. WTH?

:D Christina: Was actually spot-on all night long, giving fitting feedback on problems (all helpful except for her words to Luca), and then getting concurring words/agreement from their coaches.

:cold: Cee-Lo's and Adam's song selection for some of the singers. Esp. horrible for Pip and Tony Vincent. That TfF song is all chorus, isn't it?

Musical arrangements continue to be uneven ... rock songs in particular need to have the band turned down a bit.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012
  8. genevieve

finally watched Juliet's performance - WOW :kickass: I did not love her in the audition or battle rounds, but that was phenomenal. And aside from the one fringed sleeve, she looked fab too :)

Oh, and I forgot from last night - nice dig from Cee-Lo to Erin about the Twitverse saying the brothers should have won the battle round. ITA, but....ouch :lol:

musical arrangements - I'm just baffled at how slavishly they are following the original songs. It means the singers have to work even harder to perform in a way that doesn't seem like karaoke.

9. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Interesting iTunes rankings, this week. Last week it gave us a good indication of who would advance, but -- in the case of Charlotte being pipped by Jermaine and Erin -- it also showed that the public vote can overcome a ~80 iTunes ranking lead.

OTOH, those not charting did not get the audience save, nor the coaches' saves. Bad news: There are :eek: five singers who haven't charted, this week (vs. two last week). Good news: Opposed to last week, at least one sales failure must advance tonight. I hope that it's the right one.

The iTunes rankings from 10 AM today ...

from Survivor Sucks postings:
    21. Roxanne - Juliet Simms
    87. Are You Gonna Go My Way - Jamar Rogers
    91. Ordinary People - Mathai
    93. Don't Know Why - James Massone UGH!!!!! Another week of this guy?
    97. In Your Eyes - Tony Lucca
    171. When You Were Young - Pip
    253. Everybody Wants to Rule the World - Tony Vincent
    Not charting: katrina, karla, kim, cheesa, erin.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012
  10. genevieve

aw, there are two who didn't chart that I'd like to see advance

11. KikiSashaFan

KikiSashaFan Well-Known Member

My Rankings...

Team Adam. I didn't really love anyone on his team this week...

1) Katrina
    2) Pip
    3) Kim
    4) Tony
    5) Mathai
    6) Karla

As long as Karla goes home, I don't really care who else goes.

Team Cee Lo, which had the very best and very worst of the week.

1) Juliet. By a million freaking miles.
    2) Jamar
    3) Tony
    4) James
    5) Chessa
    6) Erin. WTF was that?! I'd rather watch Raelynn over and over than endure that again.

12. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Actually I would too.

13. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

My bottom 4 were Karla/Pip and Erin/Cheesa. Didn't like the Mousketeer either.

Fave: Juliet by a mile. Then Jamar, Kim.

14. genevieve

Even without seeing all the performance I agree with your rankings :lol:

15. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

Tonight's show opens with Jesse J performing "Domino" accompanied by Team Xtina. Cute, I guess.

16. LuckyCharm

Team Adam America Saves: Mathai! Tony! Pip!

Katrina, Kim, and Karla to sing for their lives!

17. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

I think the ITunes ranking is a good indicator only if the contestant is high in the rankings. Once you get lower, there's not a huge difference in the number of downloads between rankings that look much bigger. So, you can overcome that fairly easily with the other kinds of votes. Especially if the singer is likely to appeal to the type of voters who don't use ITunes, the difference easily can be overcome. I think we saw that with Erin last week. I wouldn't be surprised to see that with someone comparable on Adam's team. (ETA: Or not. :lol:)

I am going to be very annoyed if Erin is saved. I'll be annoyed if James is saved, too, but I don't think CeeLo will have that chance because of fangirls voting for him.

18. LuckyCharm

Team CeeLo America Saves: Juliet! Jamar! James!

Erin, Tony, and Cheesa to sing for save.

I hope he saves Tony, but I'm not optimistic.

19. Allskate

I think Xtina's comments about Tony Lucca backfired.

Bummer that James got through, but I realized that was going to happen. I have to admit, though, that I am constantly baffled by the boys who are beloved by tweens.

20. LuckyCharm

Maybe this is exactly what Xtina intended? I was baffled by her treatment of him last night. She was almost dismissive. She seemed to take even Erin more seriously.

I wish CeeLo's Tony had been voted safe instead of James. Then I'd be OK no matter who left.

21. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I can only assume that James voting block of tweens is deaf and blind. How else can anyone explain that crappy tone deaf Dumbo lookalike getting through.

Oh crap, it's annoying lounge bimbo. :scream:

I love Jessie J.

22. LuckyCharm

Team Adam up first.

Kim singing "Spotlight" by Jennifer Hudson.

Karla singing "I Can't Make You Love Me" by Bonnie Raitt. Best thing I've heard from her all season.

Katrina Parker sings "Don't Speak" by No Doubt.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  23. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I found something worse than Erin. Betty White on a stripper pole.

Hoping Adam saves Insurance Cubicle Adele. Kim was screechy pitchy and sequined cowgirl is horrid. :yikes:

Hmm- no comments by the judges after the songs? Odd.

24. Allskate

I don't think so. I kind of though her criticisms of the other Tony and her compliments of Karla were insincere, but I thought she really wanted Justin's buddy Tony Lucca gone.

That's how I feel. I'm going to be so annoyed if CeeLo picks Erin instead of Tony.

And I want Katrina saved.

25. LuckyCharm

Blake picks Katrina.
    Xtina picks Katrina after a bunch of pointless rambling.
    CeeLo picks Katrina after more rambling.

Adam saves......more rambling......Katrina!

26. Allskate

They love his hairband?

I just realized that it's conceivable that we could have RaeLynn going up against James in the finale. :eek:

Yay for Katrina!

27. LuckyCharm

:rofl:James has a Headband of Power!

rfisher and (deleted member) like this.
  28. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

:eek: NO!!!

Ohh, it's pissy Voldemort! LOVE! :cheer2:

29. LuckyCharm

Team CeeLo

Tony singing "Sweet Dreams" by Eurythmics. Awesome! Pleeeeeeze save him!

Cheesa singing "All By Myself." Why? Sounds very nervous. Goes over the top at the end. CeeLo might like that. Tony's in trouble.

Erin singing "Your Song" by Elton John. Remember on Glee when Rachel had laryngitis?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
    Beefcake likes this.
  30. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Chessa growls and stalks and gets lost after the glory note. She doesn't want to go home to the old people. Her house smells like prunes and Depends.

I'd give it to Tony.

ETA - yep, I know Erin's up next, but unless she's got photos of Cee Lo with farm animals AND infants, she's gone. :p