The Voice: Let the battle begin

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Oct 9, 2012.

1. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i wonder if these are shown out of order. otherwise i cant account for 2 people wanting to steal that grad school dropout #can'tletgo
  2. taf2002

taf2002 Well-Known Member

I thought she was styled the best of all the battles so far. I loved that dress. And I would have chosen her over Egypt. I thought she had an amazing voice.

I liked the ugly long haired guy's voice better than the other one but I would have never picked him with my eyes open because he was so creepy looking and he had one of the ugliest babies I've ever seen. (Very shallow I know...but are people going to vote for him?)

So those were two battles I would have chosen differently. I agreed with the other battles...I didn't like Terisa's voice at all...very ordinary I thought. Cee-lo wasted his steal. And I liked the mariachi singer but then I like mariachi. And I really like Sam - glad Benji is gone.
    dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. my little pony

each of ugly long hair's teeth was a different color, like a fisher price piano
  4. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

ITA. I don't know what Blake was drinking when he made those decisions. (Maybe the same stuff he was drinking when he stole MLPs favorite grad school dropout. :lol: ) And I think Adam was scheming when he said that he'd choose Julio.

Paulina didn't listen to XTina's advice, so she deserved to lose. Plus, she just isn't very good, and she's annoying. I doubt Dez will last all that long, though.

The Bon Jovi boys didn't do too much for me. I didn't care who won.

The battle of the bearded dudes was a good pairing. And, yeah, Todd was better than the grad school dropout.

Me, too. I understand why Blake paired her with Leila, but it's a bummer that Leila went hom. I liked Leila better than some of the others who are still in the competition, including some stolen singers.

I thought that the last two were both very good singers. Just not my thing. I think I preferred Sylvia. She seems a little more authentic to me -- both when they're singing and when they're not. (I don't buy Jocelyn as a sweet shy girl and I didn't care for some of her phrasing.)
  5. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I haven't watched since the first week, but tuned in for most of tonight. I can't believe they're STILL in the battle rounds!

Long haired guy is not made for tv, but he was the better singer. I'd have kept the non-Stevie Nicks gal from "Dog Days Are Over", and Joselyn over Sylvia.
  6. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Xtina is very specific in her advice - don't go off on a trilling run in search of glory notes or I'll cut you. :lol:

MLP - you might be right about the order they show these in. It's the only explanation for grad school. Either that or someone threatened to shoot a puppy if Blake didn't pick him.
  7. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Yeah, Xtina warned her singers multiple times during the practice sessions not to go for the affected runs. No surprise when she said no during the battle rounds. She's very straight forward with her team about what she wants.

I do think they all will take at the two steals so the numbers will be even (10 for each team) which they will pair down again in the knockout rounds. I think there should be one more week of battle rounds. There are still all of Xtina's pop princesses to weed out.
  8. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I remember Carson saying that they'd be "fighting at the end" to complete their two steals. Now that they've seen how people perform, they can be looking for better talent OR more fodder to make sure their favorites get through the knock out rounds.
  9. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

I want all the rep I've given you back. :p While I admit most people would not confuse him for Johnny Depp's long-lost twin brother, I love, love, love his voice. If he had not been picked and I was a judge, I definitely would have used one of my two steals on him. :respec:
  10. rfisher

Blake gave his first two one of Miranda's pissed off songs. I knew he'd go with the blonde with the experience. Nicole is still young and Blake could drop a word here or there in Nashville. Since he came back stage to speak to her, I'm betting he will.

Xtina votes for girl power and gets her first steal.
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2012
  11. taf2002

I was kidding about the ugly baby part. But it annoys me when people are less attractive than they could be. In what universe would he think that long hideous stringy hair enhances his looks? Or the cheesy facial hair?

OTOH, the guy he battled had the creepiest grin I've ever seen when he was singing "she's gone". Did he listen to the lyrics at all?

For the most part I've really enjoyed the battle rounds. It seems like there is less fodder than the last 2 seasons. But it doesn't seem fair that they showed some people's rehearsal & full song & other people only got about 2mins air time. Could they be any clearer on who they think is fodder?
  12. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Well, you know that the teams are probably a little too full when entire BATTLE ROUNDS only get "recaps" and not even full performances. Um, hello fodder!

Is there another judges pick round before it goes to the live shows? That's the only way that I could explain it, otherwise they've royally ripped off a couple contestants by giving them about ten seconds of air time total.
  13. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

IIRC, there's one more round before they go live.
  14. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I hate that Leila went home and Alessandra got stolen. Xtina is dead to me. DEAD. :p If they kept the steals to the end, that would be a lot more :EVILLE: and fun.
  15. Matryeshka

Anyone watching? Anyone? Or did Sotnikova's LP scare everyone away from watching?
  16. my little pony

i guess the girl is the better singer, she seems to think so too, but i like the bear in the hogwarts sweater for some reason
  17. Matryeshka

I think both of them were trying way too hard and really oversinging. Hogwarts Bear looked like he was going to have a seizure at any moment.
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  18. rfisher

Steal coming, I'm guessing. I'd go with Nicole, but it's 50-50.

I think I'll tweet Xtina about Adelina and see if she'll offer to perform live for her at Worlds. :saint: Gaga gave Johnny a song. I'm certain Xtina could be persuaded, especially if I tell her how mean people were about her wailing.

I'd go with Marissa Ann. Xtina disagreed. I can't believe she's only 15
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  19. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Tape delayed until after the prez debate for us, and probably for everyone west of us.
  20. taf2002

The two murdering "Whatdoyou want from me" - Katrina girl & hogwarts bear - are both so bad that I can't believe they weren't put with 2 other people so they could both get dumped.

I love Nicole - she had one of my favorite auditions, but I really expected Brandon to get stolen.

I would have picked MarissaAnne. I'm glad she gets another round.
  21. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

ITA with all of that. Bummer that the guy who sang whatdoyouwantfromme is still in it, but Brandon is gone. Blake at least did a smarter steal this time.
  22. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

:rofl: @ Hogwarts Bear. He needs a stylist. Shocked that Brandon's gone. Freaking crack smoking judges. And I'd have taken Marissa Anne too.

Adam's got a strong team this year, Nicole and Kayla are my favorites there.
  23. rfisher

Last of the battle rounds. :cheer2: I'm betting some of the coaches are wishing they'd saved a steal or two. First up are pop star vs pop star. Xtina is weeding her popsters to her fav so she can duet show them up during the finals

I think Xtina will go with Disneygirl. Or other girl. I totally get why she put them together. She only wants one pop singer left and some of her earlier keeps will be the fodder for whoever she picks here. And she went with non-disney girl. Too bad Adam and Blake wasted some steals because putting Disneygirl against her in the finals would have been a good move. Too bad.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  24. my little pony

disney girl out, grad school drop out in

::sigh::
  25. rfisher

Skunkhawk is younger than Buble's shoes. Doing Joan Jett. How would a 16 yo understand that song? :lol:
  26. my little pony

skunkhawk is gonna come there and kick your ass
  27. rfisher

She's a little scary. Even for a 16 yo.

I'm not in to much girl on girl, but that was kind of hot even if they are kids. And a McKayla look. Love it. I hope Xtina steals one of these girls.
  28. my little pony

i cant part with having someone called skunkhawk this early in the comp. blake has to know she will disembowel him if he eliminates her.
  29. rfisher

Skunkhawk's in. :cheer2:

Ceelo has to go with Avery here. He's got the best chance of winning the whole thing this season. Gagabackup must be Xtina's steal. And she is. But she has to compete against the popsters. I'm not certain she'll make it through the knock out round.

Which is next week. :cheer2:

This is where they use those fodder fills.
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2012
  30. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I'm still annoyed about Brandon getting booted. :shuffle: And I'm convinced they're showing these out of order.

Glad Avery made it through. Gaga backup is total fodder. Pretty surprised Xtina cut Disney Girl. Maybe she had a Lucca flashback? :p