The Voice: Let the battle begin

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I thought Caitlin seemed awful happy to be on Cee-lo's team considering that he thought Melanie won the battle :)

2. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Didn't she say during the blind audition shows that she wanted to be picked by CeeLo? Maybe I'm remembering someone else. But I do remember Blake saying he was normal and Caitlin saying that she was far from normal, so I'm not surprised she didn't choose Blake. Personally, I preferred her to the Cowardly Lion.

I liked Nathalie, but she's too young to have a career doing the kind of music she's suited to do. I thought XTina was really good with her and it was a great learning experience.

3. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I think Melanie's look is bordering creepy. Kind of "Whatever Happened to Mary Jane"-ish.

4. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Do you mean Baby Jane? I didn't find her creepy or Baby Jane-ish but then I like her. I think it's just her way of setting herself apart. I like it better than multiple piercings or a bunch of tattoos.

5. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i keep seeing her popping out of a jack in the box and it creeps me out. i'll be happy to hear her on the radio.

6. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Oops, yes, I meant Baby Jane, lol. Watching Melanie during the rehearsal footage made me realized that I was looking at basically an adult woman dressing up like a baby doll. I thought it was a bit much when she skipped down the ramp into the ring for the singing battle; It reminded me of Jerry Springer's episodes about adults that wanted to be put in diapers and treated like babies.

7. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

She's still in high school. But, yeah, her whole baby doll look is very contrived.

8. sequins

sequins Active Member

:lol:

9. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Anyone watching tonight?

Blake pits Mariachi guy up against the 'not taking any crap' soul singer. Mariachi wins, Cee Lo steals soul.

Xtina pits pretty boy Des up with some scrub named Paulina. She's OTT affected. Hated her. She's got a voice that I'd rather be deaf than have to hear. :scream:

10. my little pony

i'm still wtfing over conga as a song choice. and that anyone thought mariachi sang it better.

11. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Benji the screaming race car driver vs. some guy named Sam who manages a bar - he didn't get a fluff segment. Guess there's no broken glasses in his past? :lol: Mary J. is still rocking the same librarian outfit.

Sam is dead to me, he's not a 'Bon Jovi kind of guy'. :p And Benji loves to scream. Adam tells them that Bon Jovi is a deceptively great singer - and one hell of a :kickass: live band...

Blake needs to start listening to something other than hayseed country.

12. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Conga Belter is a better singer, but she's so sharp it's almost like she sang half the song in the wrong key.

I agree that Julio put the most work, but if you put that much work in it, and you still don't measure up...

13. my little pony

look at cee lo wave his tiny arms, he's so excited

14. my little pony

whoever loses this deserves the steal more than that dropout grad student i'm still bitter about

15. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

So glad that Benji is gone. He's such a douche to me.

16. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Happy Benji got booted too.

I'd give the battle of the ugly man hair to Jesus. Love his voice more than the other one. But they were friends! :( It's like watching puppies get separated!

Todd looks like Bradley Cooper's special cousin. :shuffle:

17. my little pony

that last battle was awesome with your eyes closed

18. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

:rofl:

19. 4rkidz

4rkidz plotting, planning and travelling

i'm flicking back and forth between the dancey show and the voice.. fingers getting a work out tonight :p I should be marking papers but just not in the mood :shuffle:

20. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Susanna is my choice, love her voice. No clue who the other one is. :lol:

21. my little pony

some irritating twit

22. 4rkidz

Susanna deserves the win tonight..

23. Matryeshka

I guess Xtina educated Blake on who Florence + the Machine is, because he clearly had no idea during the auditions.

Susanna was my favorite from the auditions, and so far she still is.

24. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

There is one good thing going on tonight - the affected female singers are getting booted. :cheer2:

Not a fan of Egypt. And no clue who the other one is. I must have zoned out. I found a fridge break team. But, I'm on a diet. :shuffle:

25. Matryeshka

I hope they style Susanna better for the actual show--she dresses like the slutty one in a Mennonite community.

26. 4rkidz

okay I don't like either of these singers.. Jocelyn has a cute dress :shuffle:

27. 4rkidz

that Mennonite girl has issues.. I have diagnosed her as bi-polar and hope she gets the help she needs - the girl is all over the place emotionally... but I agree about Susanna and styling :lol:

28. Matryeshka

I'm in the minority, but I'm waaay more impressed with these two girls than in the auditions--I thought it would be a throwaway battle, but I really liked both.

I'd go with Egypt over Sweet Smile. You'd see Egypt coming, but Sweet Smile would have that knife in your back before you could say "bless your heart, aren't you sweet."

29. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I hate multi-note divas so that was a bore for me. I might even confess to hitting the mute button. :shuffle: Surprised Adam took the loser. Xtina still has both of her steals.

30. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

Do they have to use their steals?