The Voice: Let the battle begin

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Oct 9, 2012.

1. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

You've got to wait till she gets out of jail.

I wonder how much Adam and Maroon 5 made selling Moves Like Jagger for that commercial.

Since we already know both Amanda and Trevun are going through with the steal, it's just a matter of who goes with which coach. Trevun needs the most coaching to get him to believe in himself. Amanda is just fine with whoever she goes.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012
  2. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

Team Celo really bringing it.. whoever doesn't win this should get stolen..

3. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

vision of love with a lot of capable caterwauling
    i think the guy has more depth and warmth in his voice, i'd pick him so odds are decent that cee lo will pick the girl

4. altai_rose

altai_rose Well-Known Member

I wasn't impressed... thought both sounded really shrill, especially on the high notes.

5. rfisher

I don't think you can always tell by what you hear depending on your sound system. I suspect it sounds different in the auditorium.

I love the Kia commercial with the rats.

6. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

This song really works well as a duet. When Amanda hit that note, I got a shiver from the back of my leg, right up my back, straight to my head. I know that sounds corny, but it's true. DAMN. DAAAAMN.

Why in the HELL did Amanda sing that HORRIBLE song in her auditions? I think CeeLo is genuinely pissed he pitted them against each other, and I love his honesty.

Those were two great-to-great performances back-to-back. Old school country v. old school R&B. :respec:

7. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

My outdoor cat sounds like that when he gets pissed over things.

8. my little pony

you're on a roll

dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. rfisher

I think CeeLo will be a good coach for Trevun. Amanda will do fine with any of the other three as a coach. I think she'll go with Xtina. Just because I'd like to hear them do a duet together.

ARRRGGGGHHHHH she went with Adam. Should have gone with Xtina.

10. altai_rose

altai_rose Well-Known Member

Oh definitely it would sound different in the auditorium. Though some other singers don't sound so shrill to me when I listen with the same sound system, same TV show...

Different preferences. :p

I like Gracia's "bashfullness" and would have picked Nelly over Deborah (sp?).

11. Matryeshka

Well, Adam has one person with talent on his team.

12. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Amanda should be really proud of what she did tonight. Must feel like amazing vindication for her.

Adam and Christina being nice to each other so far this year. Wonder if they both got talked to about last year's catfighting? :lol:

13. my little pony

that girl in the promo for tomorrow looks so much like howdy doodie

14. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

It's either the fence post tooth gap or the road kill hair.

Is CeeLo on suicide watch?

And what happens if the coaches don't have a full team of 10? Do they go through the cast offs in the Voice Pound and pick one?

15. rfisher

Once they steal two, they can't push the button any more, so the others will get two by default even if it's the last two battle rounds. :lol:

16. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

I agreed with the winners of every battle. My fav of the night was Trevin, with a slight edge over De'borah. Winning these battles has got to be a big confidence booster for both of them.

I also liked Terry a lot. I didn't like Amanda's voice at all. I was surprised at both steals but I suppose it just rounds out the teams & they could just end up as fodder later. I think Blake & Adam both have better people already on their teams than tonight's steals.

17. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

The steal was a great addition to the show.

I though Blake was going to go with the country dude, but I am glad he went with the Scottish dude.

I probably would have gone with Brian over Colin, but I don't really care about either of them. I wouldn't have stolen either of them.

I thought Diego sounded bad in rehearsals, but I can see why CeeLo chose him after the performance.

I didn't like the Nigerian boy's higher register, so I definitely thought De'borah was better. I really liked XTina's interaction with her during rehearsals.

Blake made the right choice with Gracia. She's going to have a career.

Big, big mistake for CeeLo to pair Trevin and Amanda. Adam is such a good salesman. I would have gone with XTina if I were Amanda. But, I do think that Amanda has the confidence and assertiveness to stand up to Adam and have her own input.

18. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I see it as a good choice for her. Amanda doesn't need technical help and GFBs aren't selling, so there's no reason to go with Xtina. I have a feeling Amanda can figure out how to get to the live shows on her own. Some new material won't hurt.

19. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Did Mary J actually contributed anything as a guest coach? She seemed like a waste of time. Rob Thomas had good advices, I thought.

I hate, hate, hate country songs that are too honky-tonk country. The one Blake picked last night was God awful. I tuned it out and didn't care who won that duel.

Colin has a very pretty, crystal clear voice, but it's too middle-of-the-road, white wonderbread, Karen Carpenter-ish. Boring. He will always lose out to a competitor with a grittier sound.

I thought Diego was in trouble when he started singing, but he picked it up and had a really interesting sound to "Jesse Girl". I was glad he won. The other guy deserved to lose for doing the stupid fake handshake, haha.

The last two competitors were obviously good singers, but they didn't bring anything new to 'Vision of Love'. It was the usual "I'm going to out-belt you tonight". Still, good for Amanda for getting another chance.

20. sequins

sequins Active Member

No. You are not alone. I absolutely adore him. He's my fave singer, great songwriter and I love Matchbox Twenty and I don't care who knows it. Somebody's buying those records they're just in denial about it.:) It's 'cool' to not like them, Nickelback, same thing (and many others). Do they care? I doubt it.

dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  21. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

MatchBox 20 had some good pop songs and "Smooth" is still smooth, but I cannot stand Rob's latest single "She's So Mean". A grown man singing about "she's so mean"? Boo Hoo Hoo. C'mon. When you're an adult and your woman walks all over you then you call her a B ...or much worse :lol:.

(Rob does have a good voice.)

22. rfisher

AR boy up first against DahNO (or whatever her name is). Go BamBam Go.

23. Matryeshka

Dobamo! They need a reality show, like now. On Bravo.

OK, Rob Thomas might have redeemed himself just for that expression when Dobimbo said she could sing like Mariah. Mariah can't even sing like Mariah even more.

Love, love, love Cody even more in this preview.

24. my little pony

is this twit this season's cheesa?

25. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

When you say GO, I say HOME!! GO HOME GO HOME. Now I need Cee Lo to make it happen.

26. rfisher

I will be :fragile: if Cody doesn't go through. He's funny and hot. Please keep him.

:cheer2: :cheer2: Thank you CeeLo

27. my little pony

AR vs NoMo in a song choice that had to be picked w her in mind
    he's better than she is even on this song which doesnt really showcase anyone's singing ability

28. Matryeshka

There's some serious hairography going on here. I almost think Cody's not only a better singer but a better dancer as well. Domo's very good at posing and screeching. :saint:

29. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Eh, hated them both. Cody was a total lounge lizard. And Xtina does a slap down.

Matry - Rob Thomas is a total snark monster. He's wicked funny.

30. my little pony

me of little faith, i thought we were stuck w this annoying girl
    plz dont steal her thanks