The Voice Finals

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Matryeshka, Dec 18, 2012.

1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Nick won't win, I'd bet the farm on that. I don't think it works that way with itunes voting- I believe it multiplies the number of sales/votes by 10 as long as you make the top 10 or something. Blake won with a black guy last year so its ok by these talent show trends for him to win with a white girl this year- the show hasn't had a girl winner yet so this will be what it wants I guess.

2. taf2002

taf2002 I have purple Peeps & I'm not afraid to use them

I really don't think race or which coach won before has anything to do with it. And for me Nick won the night - I'm not saying he's going to win but he was the most entertaining. Terry was straining for the high notes in 2 of his songs. Cassadee was Cassadee, kind of meh, kind of boring. She seems like a nice girl but I really doubt stardom is in her future.

3. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

So you could be an awful singer like Katy Perry and still win as long as you have fans willing to buy your music. This is not about the 'voice' anymore. It's more like who will sell the most. Bunch of bullcrap!

4. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Not really. I think the point is to get 10/12 great/original voices into the live rounds and then let the public decide from there who their favorite is. The judges have a say in many rounds leading up to the live rounds, so they are not choosing craptastic singers to go farther, basically.

5. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

This was a disappointing season. I hope that next season they pick better and more interesting singers, not only for the initial blind auditions, but also in the subesequent rounds going forward. I'd also like to see a little more honesty from the judges. Blake used to be my favorite judge, but I am so sick of his over the top B.S. Not that the other judges are all that great. I kept waiting for someone to be more honest about Cassadee's and Terry's weaknesses and they were wusses. I'm not looking for them to be mean, just some honest and kind constructive criticism. Right now, this show is moving towards American Idol, and not in a good way. But the sob stories. Stop talking about what great family guys some of the contestants are. Please don't take Cassadee's win as the kind of contestant we should have. Save the young, generic singers with sob stories for Idol.

6. Aceon6

Aceon6 Hopping around

To my ears, Nick won the night and will graciously congratulate Caassaaddee when she takes the trophy.

7. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

He was certainly the most entertaining.

8. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I voted for Nick. Terry was good too. Cassaddee was flat a lot.

I loved the opening. Very moving and understated. What really struck me was how many eliminated contestants they needed to bring back to be able to hold all the names.

9. Alixana

Alixana Definitely NOT a sonogram

Makes me wanna go into ITunes and buy 1000 copies of each of Nick's songs. But that might just be a little over the top. :D

10. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Very Lovely :fragile:

11. taf2002

taf2002 I have purple Peeps & I'm not afraid to use them

It was beautiful.

On another note, does anyone know what the iTunes sales are for last night's songs?

12. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

#1 cassaddee with cry
    #5 cassaddee over you
    #7 terry broken wings
    #12 terry i want to know what love is
    #16 nicholas great balls of fire
    #24 cassaddee stupid boy
    #32 blake and terry's duet
    #36 nicholas and ceel lo duet
    #38 cassaddee and blake's duet
    #45 nicholas lean on me

13. rfisher

rfisher At least I still have Pairs to look forward to

Skunkhawk is back and rock and rolling all night. :cheer2:

14. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I love Smokey's singing. But can he close his eyes? His forehead is scary

15. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I like the preview of Season 4 :lol:

rjblue and (deleted member) like this.
  16. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

The promo for the next season was great. My family does that to "Total Eclipse of the Heart" in the car too.

Only Shakira could make up for not having Christina, and Usher is a good trade for CeeLo.

I'm indifferent to who wins this, but I'm really looking forward to seeing "the" American Idol sing on The Voice. Go Kelly!

17. rfisher

Kelly looks great.

I liked the preview as well. The contestants are just a bonus for me. I watch The Voice because the mentors always make me laugh.

18. Alixana

Wow, when you have Kelly and Cassadee side by side and contrast their voices .. Cassadee must feel like this :slinkaway

tlk and (deleted member) like this.
  19. rjblue

Peter Frampton just might have given the best vocal performance of the night. I just showed my daughter the album cover to Frampton Comes Alive to show her one reason why it was such a big seller.

20. Alixana

He'll be tough to beat.

70's medley .. blech.

21. rfisher

I'm certain all 3 contestants will get signed. They just need to hire a good agent. Blake will probably take both Terry and Cassadee on tour with him since he's done that every season. I don't care who wins. I like Terry and Nick better than Casadee, but she apparently has a big fan base who've downloaded a lot from itunes, so I don't have a problem if she wins.

22. rjblue

I love Bruno Mars. He makes me want to be 12 years old.

I wish that Nick and Amanda had done End of the Road as a duet, without the other two singing along in a slightly offkey way.

23. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Peter Frampton was wonderful.

24. rfisher

The entire show has been very enjoyable. I'm happy. And there was even muppet CeeLo. What more could one ask for?

25. rjblue

It's quite funny that they paired Cassadee with Avril for a duet. Is that a commentary on Cassadee's actual vocal talent? They should've added Taylor Swift to the stage. (I like both Avril and Taylor, but live vocals are not their strong suit)

26. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple

They know this song is called "Good Riddance" right? :confused:

rjblue and (deleted member) like this.
  27. rfisher

:wuzrobbed: I'm going to miss Xtina and CeeLo. Hope they both have good tours and get a couple of hits out of their new albums.

28. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Cassady has such a sweet story - "I want to win to prove I didn't need my loser friends and I can get all the glory myself". (OK, maybe I'm paraphrasing :shuffle:)

29. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Not excited by the win, but figured it was a given. Tuned in to watch Bruno sing and taped the rest.

30. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

:lol:

I was comparing her to Taylor Swift, just as rjblue was, but for different reasons. Taylor exploits how mean boys and men are to her in order to promote her career. Cassadee has a variety of sob stories herself. She really, really rubs me the wrong way and not just because she comes across as karaoke Avril with a voice that should not represent a show called "The Voice."

People are always stripping the bitterness out of "Time of Your Life."