The Voice Finals

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Matryeshka, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I normally don't like things like that. I don't like the posts about praying for the families, the political threads that come after a tragedy, the shoulda woulda couldas, and the benefits, but that was beautiful and understated.

2. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Matry - I cried and got goosebumps. So tastefully done and one of my favorite songs.

Nick's piano is on fire? Is that the producer's last ditch effort to get him to cut his hair? I have visions of it going up into flames...

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  3. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

That was so beautiful. They couldn't start the show w/out saying or doing something regarding Friday and this was the classiest way about doing it. Well done indeed.

4. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

im glad to hear nick sing something upbeat, i love his voice but mathematically i dont think anyone can catch cassaddee's itunes sales

5. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I like Nick, but that was really weird. Like OTT CeeLo level of weird. :lol: @ Carson doing the kicks.

6. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I hope he gets a contract because I think he can do well on adult contemporary radio. I agree Cassaddeee has this in the bag, but Nick has been such a pleasant surprise all season.

7. my little pony

i'd like to see nick live

8. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Why is she oversinging "Over You" again? Guess it's too much for me to hope that the end of the song results in her sailing towards the ceiling like a disco ball?

9. Matryeshka

Cassaddee looks like a psychotic disco ball.

10. my little pony

maybe cassaddee is more interesting live

11. rfisher

I'd hope so, because her dress is more sparkly than she is.

12. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I liked Adam's review "hi, you're very sparkly"

13. rfisher

Dude Looks Like a Lady :respec:

14. Matryeshka

Amanda coulda sung it better. :p

15. my little pony

i kept forgetting terry was even in that, i kept seeing blake and that scrawny fellow with marcia brady hair

16. rfisher

Don't be dissing Adam, even if he was wearing a bad wig.

17. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

The Hobbit did well at the box office this weekend. Maybe some of the dwarfish luck will rub off on Terry? :p

18. Matryeshka

I really hate this song, and I'm not sure Terry likes it either. But I guess it was nice to do it for his son.

19. rfisher

Terry needs a good band and start making good records and touring. I think he'd do better than Casade commercially. He needs a really good song. Maybe Adam will write something like Moves Like Jagger or Payphone (which got a grammy nod).

20. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Are we not supposed to notice that Cassady is flat a lot of the time? I like that the judges don't try to make quips at the contestant's expense, but over the top praise for all three of these people is a bit annoying.

21. rfisher

The thing is, with the exception of Xtina, most singers are flat live. :lol: Autotune is their friend.

22. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

While it was w/out a doubt OTT Cee Lo wise, that was fun to watch Nick unleash his inner Rockette. :D While I didn't care for the song, I loved the performance of it by Nick. He was having a ball up there and brought us along for the ride. I really hope he gets picked up by someone out there, as ITA w/whoever said it up thread, Nick would do really, really well on the Adult Contemporary charts. I also totally agree w/whoever said they'd go to see him live. Me too.

Terry's face when he's been surprised by his Family from Scotland the last couple of weeks has been priceless!! :D

Not sure what to think about Terry and Cassadee's performances so far. Everyone seems just a wee bit off tonight. Understandably of course.

23. my little pony

maybe terry sounds better live too

24. rfisher

Play that funky music white boy..more head bobbing by wild cherry...
    And a miniCeeLo :rofl:

25. Matryeshka

I want a mini CeeLo.

26. rfisher

mini CeeLo should sit in for big Ceelo instead of whoever is doing it this spring.

And Casaddy is not doing Faith Hill justice. ((((Faith))))

27. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Usher, and Shakira is replacing Xtina.

Based on all the performances tonight, I'd pick CeeLo, followed by Blake if I were going to vote. If I had to vote for one of the 3 contestants I guess it would be the guy from Scotland, but none of them would motivate me to pick up the phone and dial.

28. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Turned it off when I saw Cassaaddee in the pimp spot. Just give her the title and let's get on to next season already!

29. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

The video seems to be gone, but here is Mandisa's version of that "Cry" song from when she was on American Idol, which kind of destroys Cassadee.

http://www.googlx.com/idolforever/media/mp3/mandisa-060228.mp3

Pretty white girl sang real nice on that Over You song though. Her duet was ok, kinda good not amazing. Terry was great on Dude and also I wanna know.....totally wrong voice for Broken Wings though. Nick was Nick, IMO he's done very well to finish 3rd here, I'd rather see Amanda still in this though.

30. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

Is it possible for Nick to win? If all three contestants reach the top 10 in I-tune sales, then wouldn't that portion of the score be the same for all three? I was thinking they might have a different judge win this year or would they allow Blake to win 2 years in a row?