The Voice Final Poll

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by haribobo, May 8, 2012.

Who should win?

1. Juliet

59.1%
  2. Chris

22.7%
  3. Tony

13.6%
  4. Jermaine

4.5%
  1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Who should win?

2. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Chris by a country mile. :respec:

One last time:
    'This
    is
    The
    Voice'

But, really, anyone but the Constipated Mouseketeer will work.

3. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Here's my problem with Chris. He has a good voice but it's not good enough for opera...not even close. That may be why he decided to go in the pop direction. But Josh Groban type music isn't all that popular in the first place & he isn't as good as Groban. His voice is better than Michael Buble's but he doesn't have the style of Buble. I must admit he wasn't as quite boring last night as usual except for when he did Christina's song but I just can't see him having a lot of commercial success. I've heard voices just like his in church.

4. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I liked at least one performance from each of them. I prefer Jermaine, but that's my taste.

5. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

I thought everyone did well last night, although while watching Juliet duet with Cee Lo, I thought, "is her microphone turned on"? She doesn't have the pipes of Cee Lo...or the amplifiers of the band! :lol:

I think Tony is the best entertainer and the most versatile (in spite of Christina's comment - or was she doing a Simon Cowell/reverse psychology thing on the audience?), so Mr. Lucca got my vote. (As for him being a constipated singer, you clearly have not seen the performances of Phillip Phillips on American Idol. Tony Lucca is a songbird compared to Mr. Phillips!!)

I thought Chris was the best last night. But I doubt I'd ever want to own any of his music. The things you mention about working against him...not quite being a Groban or a Buble is actually a plus in my eyes. There just might be an audience who wants someone who sings well, but isn't as operatic as Groban and isn't as goofy as Buble.

I thought Jermaine's first song was pretty horrible at times, but his next two numbers were quite good. Glad he went out on a high note!

6. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

I know I'm in the very small minority, but I would want anyone, but Juliet to win. Her voice is grating.

7. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I find it ironic that the person losing this poll is the winner. meh

8. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:lol: What do we know?

The answer once again :drama: is revealed ... and once again, it's: very little!

9. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

:huh: Wonder if Chris and Tony split the "white guy" vote?

As for Jermaine, I want it on record that I think he will have a bigger career than Javier Colon. Mark my word.

10. Meredith

Meredith what a glorious day!

I thought Chris and Tony (and their coaches' antics) cancelled one another out.

Juliet is interesting, and has a strong following. She may well have a better career than Jermaine. Still Jermaine was my favorite. It will be interesting to see what he records.

11. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Jermaine is from the town next to mine, so everyone up here was totally psyched for him. He played a ton of local, small concerts during the break in the show, at locations that had supported him in the past, and the local papers have had reports on him each week.

12. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

We're making BIG predictions in this thread!! :rofl:

13. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I predict that Katrina (if she gets a good debut song) will be bigger than Jermaine or Juliet. Esp if Adam helps her. He needs to write her a song to make up for voting the way he did.

14. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Not if they are both competing in the lullaby market :D

15. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Javier's CD was a children's album?? :eek: