The Voice: Elimination round two

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Nov 20, 2012.

1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Bummer about Brian -but New York State of Mind- he sang it great but that song is so boring and too disappointing for someone who should be doing far cooler material- that song is basically a ticket home.

I think Sylvia was awesome last night and probably just dumped by her starting order more than anything else. I had a feeling the results were gonna kinda suck tonight.

2. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i get the impression that like me, she likes him for the wrong reasons

3. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Whoa, can't believe that for all the fifty million pop princesses that Xtina started out with, she only has DEZ left. Cra-cray!

4. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

it's the third time i heard it on tv this fall and both other times, once by jason on xfactor and once by some glee kids, were way better

5. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I suspect your impression is correct. She's probably offering some extra coaching.

6. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Remember: this program is THE VOICE. And Dez has one of the best voices of the last 50 years, right?

/drippingwithsarcasm

7. moebius

moebius Well-Known Member

Who in the hell is voting for Casadee and Melanie and buying their music???? No way would I want both of them as the final 2!!

Xtina channelling Terri Nunn from Berlin circa 1986.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  8. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Casadee is sitting at #1 on iTunes. That is huge! Melanie is #10.

9. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

When I watch these singing competitions, I sometimes think I must have a hearing problem because what sounds awful to me (Cassadee's nails-on-chalkboard voice, for example) apparently sounds incredible to other people.

I'm still not over Julio getting the boot....

10. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

That's exactly what I was thinking. Much shrillness in her voice at times. Wonder if people should close their eyes while she "sings"...and then vote. Or not, in this case! :lol:

11. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I'm with everyone who doesn't 'get' Cassadee. She's perfect for the screechy ballads/power pop stuff, but I don't find her vocals nuanced or original. If this is supposed to be the year of the 'pop princess' on The Voice, I hope Nick wins the whole thing just to get back to the meaning of the show.

Of course, I still can't stand Amanda. Maybe I'm cranky?

12. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I can't stand Amanda either. It's not my kind of music (caterwalling) & her entitled attitude doesn't help.

Sad that Bryan went home. I love the song & thought he did it well.

Dez borrowed Michael Buble's arrangement & made not one original choice of his own. Kareoke cover IMO.

I love Treven's voice but he is not mature vocally & is not ready for this.

I loved Melanie's & will probably buy it on iTunes. She & Nicholas were my favs. And I like Terry's voice but I want him to sing something written after 2000. Funny how it doesn't bother me when Nick sings oldies but I'm getting tired of Terry doing it.

I thought it was Cassadee's best so far but that's not saying a lot. I don't think Sylvia suffered from going 1st - I think it was because she was kind of boring.

I liked Cody, probably because I just got back from Las Vegas & IMO he belongs in a lounge act there.

dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

It's not funny at all--Nick does different types of soul-oldies and he puts his own spin on it; Terry does a great job of doing one type of song over and over. I don't think karaoke when I see Terry, but I do think really good cover band.

Cassadee is just not baked yet. In every song so far, she has notes and things she does with those notes that are just great and others that are :confused: and :yikes: I did like her audition.

I'm fine with Bryan and Sylvia leaving. I think they should have outlasted Cody and Dev, but since Bryan and Sylvia had the same chance of winning as Xtina wearing a flattering wig, it's OK with me.