The Voice: Elimination round two

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by rfisher, Nov 20, 2012.

1. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

That was Melanie's best performance so far.

I'd like to hear Terry sing a ballad next week

Sylvia did a good job as well.

:rofl: I love Cody. His concerts would be a hoot. I really hope he continues to go through.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  2. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

melanie looks a lot better w her hair down. i pretty much knew taking off a bow the size of her head would be an improvement but i didnt know she was willing to try it out.

3. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Oh my...Brian just hit it out of the park.

4. rfisher

I hope Dez and Cassadeeeeeeeee suck tonight because I don't want anybody else to be sent home.

That was beautiful by Amanda.

Nick's makeover is amazing. His beard actually looks good. And he's singing one of my favorite songs. Take us to church Nick!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  5. my little pony

it looks like nicholas discovered conditioner, if you dont look too closely at the face, he looks like jennifer aniston now

6. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

:rofl: @ Jennifer Aniston. If he flicks his hair, I'll vote all night long for him.

Cee Lo is tearing up. Awwweee.

7. rfisher

I think Blake was right. This is one of the best nights on the Voice yet. Excellent from Treven. That kid is a star in the making. I don't want anybody to go home. Except maybe Dez. (Sorry mlp).

8. altai_rose

altai_rose Well-Known Member

Seriously? I thought it was completely out of tune and rather painful to listen to.

Loved Amanda, Brian, and everyone else so far (except Cody... I just don't get it).

9. my little pony

i dont pretend he can sing, he's just so decorative

10. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

lol! Glad the night is going great; can't wait to watch.

Random; I'm not voting, but if I did I'd probably throw a few votes at Cassidee. There's something about her voice that I love, and if she did something really soft and stripped down and ballad-y, I'd probably even buy it on iTunes, lol. Just something about her voice that I just really like!

11. rfisher

She did OK. I just compare that to Miranda Lambert's version which is much better.

Damn. No idea who will end up in the bottom two this week.

12. my little pony

ok this is dez' best effort so far, and it isnt just my ovaries saying that

13. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

That was so not good. This is one of those songs that if done well, it's awesome. Dez did not.

14. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Cassaddee oversang "Over You". That song requires a gentle touch, not a Celine/Whitney octave race.

Blech to Dez. He did the James Massone eye feck crap and wrecked what could have been a great performance. He looks like a future schoolyard serial killer. :scream:

And why does he always lick his lips when the coaches talk to him and he's on camera begging for votes? Is this a 900 line?

15. Pretty Vegas

Pretty Vegas Well-Known Member

I loved Dez!

16. rfisher

Sure it's not.

Very entertaining night tonight. Sad anyone will leave.

I do think this is the best group of talent thus far on the Voice and I'm glad that the rest of the shows are based on performance rather than keeping teams intact.

17. quartz

quartz I wonder what tomorrow has in mind for me

I have this show on as background while I'm surfing on my iPad. I only lookup when it is god-awful caterwauling and I need to sneer at the offender, or when it is good enough for me to go, hmmmmm.....
    Only had it on for second half. Looked up for caterwauling - Amanda; hmmmm - Nicholas.

18. Ares

Ares Guest

LOL! love it and can totally see it.

Cassadee and Dez surprised me. I liked both. In cases where the whole group does well, the early performances are at a disadvantage. I'd go with Terry and either Melanie or Sylvia for the bottom. The show seemed to build as it went on, and unfortunately, in this group, they turned out to be forgettable. I hope I'm wrong about Sylvia and Melanie though.

19. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Agree, Trevin was mostly off key and horrible besides the glory notes, and Cody was pretty average karaoke on that song....

MY RANK:

1. Sylvia- I loved everything about this :swoon:
    2. Cassadee- really lovely, I actually got a little chill by the end :cheer:
    3. Bryan- awesome voice, I really want to see him doing something rock though, enough is enough with this crooner/Billy Joel vibe
    4. Amanda- undeniably great, but that performance made me feel nothing- most of the time its like - look how well I can sing! Song choice issues, I say.
    5. Dez- very nice job for him, screw the haters. Yea he can't riff all over the place or hit super high notes, but the vocal quality is nice.
    6. Melanie- the "spooky" or "surprise" effect kind of wears off after a while, its still nice listening, but whisper caterwauling isn't THAT compelling
    7. Nicholas- there's nothing at all wrong with his voice, its quite good, but there is nothing riveting or marketable going on here for me
    8. Terry- summer of 69? NO! Great singer, annoyingly predictable song choice. Step in to the 2000's Terry- you can't 80's-classic your way to a win...
    9. Trevin- I appreciate the effort, but what a mess. He did this once before I think, and it was just as bad. Nobody should try to cover that song ever. Actually, Samantha Jade did a fairly successful version of it on the Aussie X factor recently, but she's kind of an anomaly.
    10. Cody- karaoke mediocre crap, sorry, I do love him as a person, but this is his time to go.

20. Allskate

Allskate Well-Known Member

Holy buckets! JHud in the house! Nick was my favorite of CeeLo's. Cody is very amusing, but not a great singer, IMO. I think Trevyn is very talented, but he just doesn't do it for me. He's not a very mature artist, but then again he's quite young.

Team Adam was my favorite tonight. I liked both Amanda and Melanie. Bryan's voice just doesn't have much character to me.

It's not what I want, but I'm guessing the two pretty kids will both end up in the finale. I do think they did a little better this week, but I still don't care for them. They both seem more like Idol contestants to me. Is Cassadee going to give us a sob story for each song she sings now?

21. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I thought they were all good; some were really great:

1. Nicholas - he's so cool, should have been a star in the 60s/70s.
    2. Melanie - showed her emotional range, modern sound that is popular with the tweens
    3. Bryan - fit him perfectly
    4. Amanda - don't know the song, but it really showed her talent
    5. Terry - always good
    6. Cassadee - I liked it a lot
    7. Sylvia - Nice vocal, but I wasn't feeling it as much as some of the other performances
    8. Cody - Hilarious
    9. Trevin - some off moments, I do like him doing something upbeat, but this did not feature his talents
    10. Dez - his best, not good enough

My guess is that Cody will go home, but I don't know who else. I think Dez has the votes.

22. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

SYLVIA AND KHLOE KARDASHIAN SHOULD FORM A DUO AS THEY BOTH LOVE TO SCREAM, BELLOW AND YELL WHENEVER THEY ARE IN FRONT OF A CAMERA

Honestly girl, chill out. Sylvia keeps doing these power ballads by singers in their prime. And Sylvia is a beginner. She needs to work her way up to those songs. She continually loses her notes...can't believe the judges said she did well, I'm wondering if the judges say people do well as a reverse psychology move with the audience. If the judges say somebody sucked, that contestant will get pity votes and maybe beat out one of the judge's own contestants.

23. sequins

sequins Active Member

Me either. Hope he goes home with eye candy Dez.

24. rfisher

In
    Nick (CeeLo)
    Cassadee (Blake) Apparently she was #1 on itunes and Melanie was in the top 10 which earns them both double points.
    Next round
    Dez (Xtina) It's only because of his eyes. :drama:
    Cody (CeeLo) is Trevin going to be a shocking elimination? Oh, and :cheer2: WOO PIG SOOIEEE.

It's lucky Melanie did so well on itunes because she was :yikes: in that group number.

Round 3
    Melanie (Adam)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  25. Alixana

Alixana who is on vacation!!

Just watching the performances from yesterday .. Nicholas was *the*highlight for me. So glad to see that Nicholas is in.

26. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

That Team Adam version of "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" sucked. Off key, wailing, missed cues. Total mess.

Shocked that Bow Peep is safe. Does that mean the Hat or the Screamer are in danger? :confused:

Team Blake - I'd be bummed to lose the Hobbit. Hope he makes it.

27. rfisher

round 3 cont.
    Terry (Blake) whew. I was worried.
    Sylvia, Bryan, Trevin and Amanda left. I don't want any of them to be cut. :(
    round 4
    Trevin (CeeLo)
    Amanda (Adam)
    Out
    Sylvia
    Bryan

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  28. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

Please go away Bryan.

29. Ares

Ares Guest

:eek: Wow, that was kind of a shocker. Disappointed about Sylvia. Team Xtina down to 1

I thought Bryan had a pretty strong following, so I'm surprised to see him go. I was really pulling for Amanda though.

30. rfisher

At least Xtina's favorite is still in play.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.