The Voice: Cut Week Begins -- Get out your rulebooks

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by barbk, Nov 5, 2012.

1. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Apparently, new rules. (At least, these weren't the rules I thought were being followed this season.)

Then, the Top 12 artists will be determined as two artists from each team will be sent home on “The Voice” Live Playoff Results Show, Thursday, November 8 (8-9 p.m. ET). In the first elimination show of the season, the two artists who receive the most viewer votes on each team from the previous nights’ Live Playoffs, will be saved and guaranteed a spot in the Monday, November 12 Live Show. Meanwhile, each coach is tasked with the difficult decision of choosing one more artist from the remaining three to move forward in the competition and perform in the next week’s Live Show, thereby eliminating the other artists.

From the press release at:
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...w-of-the-voice-on-thursday-november-8/156318/

I thought that they weren't ensuring that some singers from each team were guaranteed to get through?

2. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

I need one of you teckie people to find those links that you do for skating--The Voice is not being shown in my market. So, yes, I should be all Saints-ho!, but I neeeeds my weekly in-my-mind Blake/Adam bromance sexy time.

3. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

especially since Blake scored big at the CMA awards. Really big. And Xtina is performing at the American Music Awards. The Voice is at least helping the mentors if it isn't helping the wannabes. :lol:

Matry, there is an online nbc feed somewhere because people use it to watch skating when the local market preempts.

4. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

My cable is out again. :angryfire I'll eventually see the show. If anyone wants to give a review, I'd be thrilled. You can describe the divas as 'catfight noise' and 'screeching nails on chalkboards'. :D

5. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

does adam have a girl named jocelyn?she is singing give your heart a break. she sounds good in parts. bugt then she moves and she cant sing and move at the same time so it is weak in part. she has a fuchsia dress that should belong to me.

6. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Our "live" feed doesn't start for 45 minutes, but if nobody's done it I'll try.

ETA: Never mind...mylittlepony to the rescue. Yee-haw!

7. rfisher

Jocelyn Rivera team Adam first singing some pop song. She has piink streaks in her hair. Blake liked it and thought she looked like a star. Xtina loves that she worked the stage (she took notes). CeeLo looking like a 70s reject with a curly afro and puffy white satin pirate shirt, also liked her. Adam's proud. I love that all the mentors are helpful to the singers and don't bash them. Listen up Simon, people are over the snipping.

Terry McDermot Scottish rocker up next. Singing Don't Stop Believing. Blake thinks he can make it current. If I was going to give him a classic rock song, I'd have picked something from Yes or Jethro Tull. Xtina says he's easy to listen to, Ceelo with a bling mirror admiring himself says he was effortless, Blake says he's making classic rock cool again. And says when God was passing out the ability to rock, he gave Terry a little bit more. I think Blake's cup is already half empty. :lol:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  8. my little pony

now christina milian is up in some "skybox" reminiscent of the long departed pulsations nightclub, did she always have my hair? i normally ignore her

9. my little pony

herman's hermit who blake calls terry will do journey's dont stop believin, which i think of as a glee song now, but i'n neither here nor there
    he's 1 felt hat away from being a keebler elf, his hair is just weird
    he sounds really good but he's no lea michele on the big notes

10. my little pony

cee lo is wearing a white sating outfit and wig a la prince

11. Matryeshka

YAY! Got it working! But I missed Terri and his 70s karaoke greatness :wuzrobbed

12. rfisher

Up next is Melanie Martinez aka skunkhair number 1 doing Ray Charles Hit the Road Jack. This could be interesting with her jazzy voice or it could be just weird. She has some breath contol issues and swallows some of the words.
    Blake: he's a fan; favorite thing is that she's not that interested in fitting in
    Xtina: started a little pitchy due to nerves, she's trying to be nice, but she's really not impressed
    Adam: she did what they discussed in rehersal and he's proud.

I do think she could have a successful Indie career.

13. Matryeshka

You go Cowardly Lion, hit that Wizard and get you that sass. If by sass, you mean channeling Lolita.

14. my little pony

heidi doody who they insist on calling melanie, hit the road jack
    i wonder how many enormous bows are in her collection?
    it's all very pleasant, i enjoyed her wk 1, but each wk it sounds the same and i get a little less interested

15. Matryeshka

Xtina was two seconds from a bless your heart moment. It felt like you were in the Disney version of a speakeasy.

16. my little pony

liz independence day - she's very good but i really hate this song, it's like listening to someone ramble on about something boring. her eyebrows are tweezed into tadpoles. they are too thin in the middle.

17. Matryeshka

I think Liz's nerves are getting to her--every few notes she just sings and she's good, but man, half the time she was way under the pitch. It's a shame, it was a good pick for her.

18. rfisher

Liz Davis (who beat out Gracia) singing Martina's Independence Day. (I love Martina and this song can give you chills. I hope she does her proud). Her voice isn't as pure as Martina's but then most aren't.
    Xtina: loves her strong solid voice and thinks Blake is perfect for her
    CeeLo: wonderful performance. Made him proud to be an American cause he knows he's free? Does he not know this is about a woman who kills her abusive husband and burns down the house? :lol:

19. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

OK getting caught up- Joselyn or Jocelyn kinda sucked I thought, not the worst I ever heard but ehhh. Terry is just amazing and could be cute with a normal haircut, but kind of a rough song choice IMO- I felt that his ability to rock out was severely handicapped...anyway he should make it through this round, no question.

20. my little pony

i dont know what cassaddee is singing, it's very noisy. something something happy endings. i think her voice is better than the noisy song. she had pigeon feathers in her hair. i hope there arent any mites on them.

21. rfisher

Cassadee Pope up next singing My Happy Ending. What are the odds that a female pop singer will win this year. I think half the top 20 are female pop singers.
    Xtina: she has a pretty tone, was solid even if she missed a couple of notes, Xtina is still nice even though she's going to be bringing her own poppers
    CeeLo: rambles a bit but thought it was a wonderful performance
    Adam: still doesn't know exactly who she is, but thought she was excellent
    I predict one Xtina's girls will beat her.

22. Matryeshka

I can't tell if she's doing a good job because the song itself is so bad. I'm not quite sure how we got to all those great blind auditions to...this. Some great moments within the performances, but so far, all I've seen are girls that are good in a choir but no solo material.

23. my little pony

is bryan keith really short or is carson really tall? it sounded fine but not unusually so. i enjoyed it which is more than i can say for some people tonight. that song from city of angels.

24. rfisher

Bryan with the hat singing some ballad. I'd have given him something by Billy Joel. He's OK.
    The crowd really likes him. Blake, enterainer of the year, says watch the lower register, but acknowledges the crowd loves him
    Xtina: he owned the song as it built in momentum. Lots of passion
    Adam: he's proud again.

Rocker skunkhawk up next. You go McKayla.Singing Everybody Talks. This kid doesn't look or sound like a 16 yo. Her hair attacked Carson
    CeeLo : best performance of the night. He admires her style
    Adam: God bless Ceelo Green. Adam says its her best performance. Hates that Blake gave her a great song
    Blake: says she's making him look so smart.

25. Matryeshka

That was the best I've heard tonight. The stream I'm watching is in Florida. Jeeze, how do you people in swing states keep from just slaughtering anyone thinking of running for office?

Oh lord, how many bad auditions did we hear to this song? At least she'll sound good by comparison.

26. my little pony

skunkhawk, i love her. "everybody talks" i picture her bullying the other contestants at lunch

27. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

Independence Day chick was awful, Cassaaddee was kinda good, Bryan is pretty strong, I like his voice... Melanie was kind of whatever...Mckayla skunkhawk she sang loud, her voice has no rasp or interest for me...the song is fun but I thought she just sounded annoying singing it.

28. rfisher

Julio (who should have gone home in the knockoff round, but Blake needs someone to lose tonight) singing some mariachi song. I feel a strong urge for casa and chips and a tecate.

29. my little pony

julio - something in spanish, he's a wedding singer getting lucky

30. Matryeshka

Skunkhawk so far has been the class of the field. He looks like an 80s vampire with that popped up collar.

I'm bored, and I have a strong urge for chilli con queso. This song is always piped into the bathroom at the On the Border in Baton Rouge.