The Vampire Diaries - Season 4

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by michiruwater, Oct 11, 2012.

1. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

Premier is tonight!

So excited! I did a marathon of season 3 last week in preparation :) Wish I could watch it love but I'm super excited to Hulu it on Saturday :D

Anyone else super excited?

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

:cheer: :D :cheer2: :40beers: :hat1: :respec: :rofl:

3. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh that's tonight?!! Why do I not have cable or free time...well, at least I have a 6 hour flight tomorrow!

I hope everyone enjoys it in real time!

4. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I am really looking forward to it. I wonder who Elena will feed to turn (because we know she ain't gonna die).

5. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

Yay, the Klaus in Tyler's body stuff was extremely short lived. :cheer: I was afraid they were gonna keep it up for half the season or something. That said, I'm disappointed in Klaus with regards to Rebekah. That girl has stood by him through thick and thin and all he cares about is Caroline.

I don't care how pretty Somerhalder is, I freaking HATE Damon.

6. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Great episode. Performance of the night was Rebekah. Ahh, why do I feel for this poor lonely evil woman?

I am so happy the Council is not incompetent. I want them to win, win, win!

But WHAT HAPPENED TO GRAMS!?!!?!?

7. AshleyN

AshleyN Well-Known Member

Preach. God, he spent the whole episode acting like a four-year-old throwing a temper tantrum.

Anyways, solid season opener I thought. I'm glad they didn't chicken out of making Elena a vampire and I'm really glad they didn't go there with Caroline and Klaus-as-Tyler.

8. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

:confused: Anyone care to clarify the ending for me? The pastor kills his team? Was he going to fight from the grave or something? I found that completely confusing. He seemed to go from iron-fisted level-headedness to nutjob in a split second.

Another thing I'm wondering about. Can't vampires glamour anybody? (Is that the right term?) Why didn't Stefan just glamour the guard to come close so that Elena could feed off of him? Or did vervain come in to play somehow?

This is another thing I don't get. If I were to make it to 200 years of age, I would hope I would get to a place of freakish zen-like enlightenment. So why do some of the vampires act like pissy twelve year olds?

I fear she is in a dark, murky, muddy place with demons and fire and every kind of possible bug crawling in and out of any part of her body available.... :( :eek: :wuzrobbed

9. AshleyN

AshleyN Well-Known Member

They pointed out early on that the council had confiscated all the vervain in town, so I assume all the guards were well-dosed.

As for the ending, it definitely seemed to me that the pastor had some sort of plan/alternate motivation for what he did. I assume we'll find out more about it as the season continues.

10. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

11. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Sometimes I wonder why Damon just doesn't start a new life in Europe or something. He mopes about the situation he's in and it's tiresome. Either move, or fight for Elena. Do vampires stay stuck at the age they were turned in some way? He'll forever be a mopey late teen/early 20's dude?

Please remind me what happened with Klaus. (This show has so much going on sometimes that I can't follow everything!) Bonnie did some spell that took Klaus out of Tyler's body and Klaus' spirit went...where?

Wondered about Jeremy saying "nice ink" to the new vampire hunter. Wonder what that will be about...

How come Tyler was not at the memorial at the end of the episode. He lost his Uncle, right?

I liked the moment between Damon and Alaric. "I miss you too, buddy." :)

12. michiruwater

Klaus thought his body would turned to ash, but it didn't, so somehow (I don't think this was shown) they un-dead-ed his body and put his spirit back in it. This was a little confusing.

I finally saw episode 1 and loved it, for the most part, except the stupid Klaus stuff. Elena and Stefan were sweet. But if Hulu is going to be as awful as it was yesterday I might just look for crappy-quality links instead, or even buy the episodes on Hulu. It took me 3 hours to watch 1 episode each of Revenge and TVD. So irritating.

13. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Either Ian mumbled his way through that final scene or I am too tired from Skate America, but I think Damon kept a promise to Alaric that he'd stay in Mystic Falls to protect Elena et al. I think.

Tyler was in the hospital after MamaMayor called the ambulance.

I liked that the writers are not backing down on Elena having to feed.

And I loved that Uncle Zac was mentioned. Loved him!

14. shutterbug

15. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

The beginning of yesterday's episode confused me. The flashback scene of the Klaus and kin discovering they had a vampire hunter amonst them...all in skimpy clothing and long flowing locks. Joseph Morgan especially looked great with a long mane. This scene almost made me think I had left one of my private DVD's in my machine... ;)

One question from the episode though. We see our vamps glamouring people before they get bitten and fed on. Wouldn't this mean there'd be an awful lot of dopey people walking around with two holes in their necks? Are there that many turtlenecks out there? :lol:

16. shutterbug

You’re not supposed to ask questions like that Peter. :lol: Just drink the kool-aid they’re handing out and accept ;)……..that’s probably why the writers chose a frat house costume party for the feeding to happen so that the bite marks on the victims’ necks wouldn’t be remarkable. And since the victims had been compelled to forget, they would have no idea the next day how the marks got there. Instead of coming home with unexplained bruises, they’d have unexplained holes in their necks. :lol:

A sneak peek for the next episode is already out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oXeiKDH9Wjk

Stefan is a pretty crappy liar. :lol:

17. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Maybe everybody's wearing turtlenecks the next day, others will think, "are people still into hickeys that much"??? :lol:

18. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

So before the episode ended, I figured out that Jeremy would be the new map-alloverhumanbody guy. Didn't realize that would be revealed so soon. I wanted to post my suspicion and then be able to brag about it a few episodes down the road. But the storyline moved so fast, I get no bragging rights!! :drama:

One thing I've got no club about is what role April will play in this show. Obviously it will be important, but I've got no idea where they are going to go with her. I feel bad for her. Her Dad dies, Elena is not around, Rebekah is missing. And that at the end of the episode, Jeremy and Matt don't even want to go have coffee with her. Poor girl! :( Wasn't sure about the wrist thing they put on her. I was obviously not paying attention and have no idea what it is of where it came from... :huh:

Are any of you Vampire Diaries fans of Lost? Thursday's episode reminded me of the musical score of Lost and how as the dramatic scenes built to a climax, the music does so as well...in the most wonderful way - just like Lost did. Great composing/orchestration. :40beers:

19. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Why in the world did Connor not have vervaine in his system? It seemed as if Elena killed him way too easily.

I wonder which vampire Jeremy will kill first--and not some random no-name vampire, either. I wonder if this is it for Katherine.

20. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

Every time I watch Vampire Diaries now I think of how good Ian Somerhalder would be as Christian Grey.:D

Interesting to see where they go with Jeremy.

21. shsocu

shsocu Active Member

It has vervain in it. It'll save her from compulsion until it is ripped off. :)

22. michiruwater

I really hope Ian has better taste than that :shuffle:

23. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

I hope he is tasteless... seeing more skin on him would be lovely. :grope:

24. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Fun episode but I'm a bit unclear on things...well, actually, on a lot of things. So.....Preacher and Crew (twelve of them, apparently--I never counted) kill themselves and the massacre of the 12 hybrids will result in the resurrection of Silas, who will then raise the dead. Not sure why this is good or bad. Or why Kol (who looked really good) and Rebekkah don't want this to occur. Heck, am I supposed to know who Silas was? And why didn't Professor Shane not just turn 12 humans into vampires, and let the previous Vampire Slayer kill them? I think the long layoff hurt things. I can't remember anything about this show but Jeremy's new physique.

Love Rebekkah. I'm not wholly excited about the spinoff--there will be too many "I'm not an ass--I have issues!" characters on that show for my liking, but I love me some Rebekkah.

25. Cloudy_Gumdrops

I soooo wanted wereTyler to get Elena. So disappointing.

At first, I thought Kol was Elijah. Then realized that he wasn't. :(

Poor Stefan. I just love him so much and hate Damon/Elena so much. Just forget about her Stefan! Do it! Damn Rebekah! Much as I love you, you disappointed me when you wouldn't erase Stefan's Elena memories. I want him to be free of her.

Michael Trevino is the best looking actor on this show (IMO), which is saying something. In my list of hot VD's guys, Somerhalder is only like, 8th, after Tyler, Elijah, Klaus, Stefan, Jeremy, Alaric, and Professor Shane.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  26. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Aww, I love me some Matt Hotness. I also think Uncle Mason wuzrobbed from your list.

27. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Oops, forgot about him. He can fit in just before Jeremy on my list.
    Matt is great looking in normal circumstances, but in the world of Mystic Falls, he's just kind of average. Kol qualifies under this category too.

On another note, why won't the hair people do something (anything!) with Elena's hair? Nina is such a pretty girl, but ends up looking so drab and dull because they never do anything with that straight, limp hair of hers. I have nothing against long hair. Just the opposite. But, that hair is just so lifeless.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  28. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Maybe to make her look younger and more all american?
    I always thought Katherine with her curls was more beautiful so Elend could look so much better.
    By the way, I still think Damon is far and away the best looking, so there!

29. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Bit of a slow episode, IMO. They need to give me a better reason about getting this cure than just so they can turn Elena back to human. I get it with someone like Jeremy and Klaus (kinda with Klaus). I suppose. But nonetheless, just not that compelling. Also, Jeremy really needed to kill Damon.

Once (not if) they kill Kol, there will be another vampire familiar to the audience that will die too, right? I'm calling it--it's Katherine!

30. Cloudy_Gumdrops

I'm rooting for Kol and whatever psychotic rampage he decides to go on.

Damn show. Teasing me with the prospect of Jeremy killing Damon. I was practically yelling at the screen, Do it, Do it!.

I didn't think it was possible for Elena to be even more unlikeable. Congratulations show, you've succeeded. Rebekah said it all at the top of the show. Elena doesn't like it when all the boys aren't trailing after her liked whipped little puppies. I can't believe she had the nerve to act like that with Stefan.