The Vampire Diaries-Season 3

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by lmarie086, Sep 29, 2011.

1. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I have to admit to thinking Caroline/Klaus being slightly intriguing.

Is this the first time we know the Mayor's name? Carol? And her son is/was dating Carolyn? Really? Couldn't the writers come up with a different name like Diane?

I am looking forward to knowing more about the Council. I always want to know more about the Founding Families. So, the Hybrids are gone. Who killed the medical examiner? I very much doubt it was Alaric.

During the commercials, the CW said that Nina won the People's Choice Award for Best Drama Actress. Seriously? That is friggin' awesome! Way better than some movie star actress playing a lawyer with ethical issues.

2. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

That's great for Nina!

I thought last night's episode was great. Things I liked: Bonnie calling Elena out on compelling Jeremy, Elena refusing to jump into anything with Damon, Stefan being a chilling badass, Tyler confessing his love for Caroline and finally realizing the implications of his sire bond to Klaus, the teens getting together to celebrate Caroline's birthday, Caroline starting to consider the implications of her immortality (and her preceding death), Damon and Liz working together. I also liked that Elena turned to Matt for the scene on the bridge but I didn't get what exactly she was going on about there.

Things I didn't like: The actress playing Meredith really bugs me for some reason. I guess she'll be hooking up with Alaric? Joseph Morgan's simpering speeches are annoying. I find him miscast.

The scene between Klaus and Caroline was just bizarre. What the hell was that? I'm going to withhold judgment on it since Klaus is obviously playing some sort of game. But I don't buy that even after calling Tyler out on being Klaus's minion, Caroline was still going starry-eyed over a gift from the guy who killed her boyfriend, killed Jenna and destroyed the Stefan who was her friend, not to mention tons of bystanders.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  3. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Yes, when Nina one she said that she wasn't even on the ballot originally. But Vampire Diaries fans added her as a write-in nominee and then voted so hardcore that she ended up winning! :D

Well, this is the People's Choice Awards, not the Emmys. :)

4. AshleyN

AshleyN Well-Known Member

Just watched this week's episode - I can't believe I was two whole days late seeing the return of my beloved Elijah! YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

5. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I'm ecstatic that Elijah is back as well :). And to catch up...the scene between Caroline and Klaus, where Klaus leans down and tells her all she'll be missing if she doesn't live, has to be the best scene I've seen on the show. LOVED. IT. I'll be sad to see Klaus go if/when he does. (also, loved the Damon/Elena kiss. Ian still makes me weak in the knees.).

6. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

Elijah :swoon

OMG Alaric!! They really need to stop killing him. Cause one day it'll actually stick and I'll be :wuzrobbed:

Original Family reunion-best part of the whole episode. Line of the night goes to Elijah- "This is family business." Love it!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  7. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

That was a great episode.

I think the killer is either Katherine or Tatia--who else would have Elena's fingerprints?

We found out Caroline's dad's lover's name is "Steven" (which, BTW, is cool as that was the name of Gary Coleman's Dynasty character). That must mean something! And one of those Original Sons has to be gay! I hope it's the one who kinda looks like Charlie from "Lost."

8. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

The fingerprints were present day Elena's, as the killer had stolen weapons she had previously touched...

9. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

That was a cool episode... I'm having trouble adjusting to watching this on TV. I discovered this series on Netflix a couple of months ago, watched the first two series in a couple of weeks, and then caught up on Hulu with the rest. There are simply too many commercials when you watch on tv and it ruins the excitement for me.

Poor Caroline can't catch a break. But where was Tyler?? I quite like the murder mystery and was very scared that Alaric wouldn't be resurrected, after all the fuss they've made about the ring this season. I'm guessing the killer is not Meredith but that she's still related to the whole thing somehow.

Bonnie and her mom were zzzzzzzzzzzzzz as always.

The Original family reunion was great. I'm happy we met the last two brothers. Not happy that the coffin contained their mother. I was thinking it'd be the original Petrova - who I'm glad finally gets a name. I guess she'll also be played by Dobrev? We have always been told that witches are not immortal and that they are servants of the nature. Doesn't making themselves immortal go against that?

Also wasn't happy with the anvilicious "oh look, both sets of brothers were in love with the same girl, what lessons can we draw from this?" parallel. I am just not getting Stephan.

10. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

Stefan is too broody and whiny for me... :rolleyes:
    I love Damon :cool:

11. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Last night's episode was so good. Can I have a seat at that table next time? *fans self* lol

Joseph Morgan is just outstanding as Klaus. His emotional range is superb. One minute I hate him and the next minute I'm tearing up along with him. Can't the guy just have his hybrids and have fun :(.

Now that you mention it, I agree it's probably Katherine who is doing the killings. Someone who is fast and stealthy enough to do it without them seeing them.

Should get interesting with the family together.

Also, Elijah is looking even more yummy how that he's back. I like the haircut.

In conclusion Damon > Stefan. Loved when Damon hung up on Elena and said "I didn't do that for you" to Stefan.

Great episode! No other show has this much going on, per episode.

P.S. I felt awful for Caroline :(

12. Orable

Orable New Member

Major word to everything Satellitegirl wrote. Seriously, I don't need to even say anything else, except that I think this may've been one of the best episodes in the entire series to date. Absolutely magnificent!

Well, maybe I'll say one more thing - I'm not sure how crazy I am about Nina Dobrev playing another character. She does such a fantastic job making Katherine and Elena two distinctively different characters, that I'm afraid that her playing Tatia will be one character too many.

Still, fantastic episode in a great series! So far, TVD, has escaped the downhill slide that many other shows succumb to in their third season...

13. AshleyN

Sexiest. Dinner Party. Ever.

Funny, I actually find Damon the much broodier and whinier of the two.

14. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

And Damon is definitely prettier ;)

15. AshleyN

Well, they're both awfully pretty, though I'll admit that I've been kind of thrown off on Stefan ever since I saw someone point out how much he looks like Puppet Angel.

However, Klaus and Elijah are prettier than either of them.;)

16. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

17. lmarie086

^ :rofl: I loved that! Do they do that for every episode? I sure hope so!

18. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Yes! Price Peterson reviews every episode of Vampire Diaries like that - they are absolutely hilarious! If you click on his name in that review, the rest of his articles should come up.

19. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I finally caught up.

I love the Originals, and I am so suuuper excited to have all of them running around creating chaos.

I'm hoping that they're honest about teasing us with Stefan and Elena reunited. I do agree that Stefan's broodiness can be a bit boring, but at the end of the day they're supposed to be together and it weirds me out that they've been apart for so damned long.

They need to stop killing Alaric. And hurting Caroline. Caroline's the (second, depending upon if you adore Damon or not) best character on this show and they treat her terribly far too often.

20. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I think maybe they're taking Caroline on a "harsh reality of being a vampire" journey, so to speak. But yeah, she's been through enough already. Give the girl some happiness in there! I would love it if Damon and Elena were together, but I'm sure that will never be the final result, so I just enjoy the tension of the "triangle" on the show.

21. MarieM

MarieM Well-Known Member

I want Damon with someone else. Elena is SOOOOOO boriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing.

22. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

On the other hand, Damon and Katherine would be good together.

23. lmarie086

Another great episode!! Loved the Stefan and Elena moments, but I thought it was a little weird that he was visibly warmer around her than he has been in recent episodes. Their last moment killed me a little-I can't believe how long they've gone without being together.

Ouch for Damon though; what Elena said was overly harsh for sure, but didn't she say before that she wasn't Katherine, and that she wasn't going to go back and forth between the brothers?

Esther...you know, I like her. She's weird, and I don't like that she wants to kill her kids, but I like her. Her duplicity caught me a little offguard, though. I was surprised in the last episode when Esther said she forgave Klaus, so perhaps I should have been expecting what happened tonight, to some extent at least. But I wasn't. Still...no more Elijah dying!! I'm not so sure he actually drank when Esther made the toast; he's too perceptive.

Damon and Rebekah, well...that was unexpected. We'll see how that turns out.

24. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Damon back to his old ways of getting laid with someone else, when Elena rejects him lol. That was harsh what she said, though.

Again, loved Klaus this episode. If they truly kill off this whole family, I'm going to be sad. I'd love Klaus to stick around, and same goes for Elijah. The others..eh...can take them or leave them. Team Klauroline! lol

Anyone know what the song was that was playing when Elena showed up at the party?

25. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I HATE HATE HATE HATE "Bad Boys Turned Good" or "I'm not bad I'm misunderstood" storylines SO MUCH. Damon's "downfall" is lame, but I have to admit I kinda liked Klaus (I might kill humans but I'm really just an insecure artist who was never loved by my father!). Crap! Maybe because I suspect he will die a tragic death eventually (he doesn't seem like he can really go beyond this season, IMO). But Damon will be here forever!

I loved Elena and Caroline's dresses.

Having Alaric, Bonnie, Tyler *and* Jeremy absent in this episode made the episode quite lopsided. That said, it was still very entertaining. The Originals are one smokin' family, I must say.

26. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Another fantastic episode... I just don't know how this show does it week after week. At this point, my only problem is the way they're writing Stefan. I have no idea what's going on with him. Has he actively turned off his switch to avoid feeling pain? Is he still feeding on humans? They made such a big deal of his addiction to human blood in the past season, what's happening with that now.

Oh, and somebody pointed out that Stefan looks like Puppet!Angel and I CANNOT UNSEE THIS LOL'ING FOREVER

27. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

Still loving the Klaroline. They're the only thing keeping me watching at this point.

28. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

I liked how Elena was told by Damon that she could not go to the ball. And then Elena shows up. :lol: Honestly Damon, she's not your eight year old daughter (and you should have known better).

And then when Elena enters the ballroom...one arm in Stefan's, the other placed in Damon's. Sounds corny, but I thought that scene played well.

:eek: Really??? :eek: :eek:

29. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

Yep. Can't stand Damon or Elena. Don't care for Tyler anymore. I do like evil Stefan, but if they make him all shmoopy over Elena again (which they will, of course), that's clearly not gonna last.

So yeah, it's Klaus/Caroline. Well, I do like Elijah.

30. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Klaus was so charming last night. What a turnaround. Think he really cares for Caroline or is he playing a game?
    Damon looks oh so hot in a tux. Of course he always looks hot.
    Just love Ian! Big crush!:D