The Vampire Diaries-Season 3

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by lmarie086, Sep 29, 2011.

1. AshleyN

AshleyN Well-Known Member

I dunno about that. Remember the time she stabbed herself in the gut in order to take out Elijah? I honestly think it's the most badass thing anyone's ever done on this show.

On another note:
    It's like they were listening to me!:lol:
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

I did actually forget about that, seems I need a refresher on past episodes haha. Elena does keep surprising me though.
  3. AshleyN

I've said it many times, and I'll keep saying it - Elena is the anti-Bella Swan. It's not just the fact that she's scrappy either, for example her speech to Stefan last year about not wanting to be a vampire is one of my favourite moments ever on the show.
  4. AshleyN

'Kay, Stefan needs to undagger Elijah RIGHT NOW!
  5. Orable

Orable New Member

This mid-season finale was epically KICKASS! o_O Joseph Morgan, btw, blew it out of the water with his performance tonight. Finally got on the JM train and now I have to wait until January to see more of him :fragile:

A little weirded out by how they didn't explain where Katharine was all this time and how she survived Michael vamping out on her.
  6. AshleyN

He was terrific tonight. As weird as it sounds, I'm really glad Klaus didn't die*, and not just 'caus of the sexy.

*Not that I really thought he would - I can't imagine they would have made him a regular only to kill him before the halfway point of the season.
  7. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I must be dense, but I don't quite know what Stefan's plan (or Katherine's). So, he has all those coffins. What's he gonna do? I also don't know

I'm a bit confused about how strong these hybrids are supposed to be. I can understand that an Original can compel a hybrid, but it seemed too easy for Damon and the rest to kill them.

Oh, how I miss this show. No show moves plot so quickly and swiftly.
  8. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Great great episode last night. And yeah, that's what my friend and I are always saying, manhn. This show moves at such a great pace that you're never bored. I'm glad Klaus wasn't killed as well. What a great character. I'm enjoying Stefan being bad(although not evil anymore thankfully) and Damon and Elena's tension. Glad Jeremy wasn't in it last night, as his character just gets boring at times.
  9. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

At this point it seems Stefan is out for revenge, but with the added bonus that he has leverage to keep the others safe.

I didn't have a problem with how easily the hybrids were killed. They are newly made and doesn't vampire/wolf lore tell us that older vamps are stronger than younger ones? Stefan and Damon are over 100 years old, Katherine older still..
  10. AshleyN

Also, even when they were killed it was when they were in human form. I assume they'd be a lot more dangerous in wolf form, which they can now transform into at will, can't they?
  11. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

Gotta love it that we're calmly discussing the "science" of all of this...:shuffle:
  12. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Plus Elena is letting Stefan go. She has stuck up for him, fought for him, given him chances... But she knows when to call it a day (instead of longingly pine away for him forever). Although she is missing information in regards to his current actions... :lol: Just shows the depth this show sometimes has.

Maybe it has to do with how she is being affected by those who are part of her life now, and is letting her humanity have some hold on her. So she is willing to work with others now, which might mean lying low for a spell until she is needed.

Well, they have let a lot of characters go way before their time (at least in my opinion...) :wuzrobbed

The coffins hold Klaus' family members and these creepy vamps seem to need their family around - albeit dead and in a coffin! :lol: I'm guessing Klaus wants control of where his dead relatives are for when he either gets lonely (and brings them back to life) or if he is in danger and their presence would serve his purpose. Having control of the whereabouts of the coffin means he has some control. Now Stefan has that control. Plus, maybe whoever brings a vamp back to life means that vamp feels somewhat indebted to that person?

You find the show both quick and swift? :p (So do I, by the way!) :D
  13. AshleyN

I actually saw a post on another site saying that her finally giving up on him shows that she's disloyal or some crap like that. I rolled my eyes so hard I nearly hurt myself. Especially since, like you said she doesn't even have all the information - all she knows is that Stefan ruined their best chance of killing Klaus and then took off.

Or course, earlier in the season people were complaining that she wouldn't give up on him, so apparently she just can't win with some people.

No doubt (my Anna...:wuzrobbed)*, I just mean I don't think they would have bothered to made him a regular if they were going to kill him off this soon.

*On the other hand, the fact that they mean it when they say "anyone can die" (except the main trio) is one of the many reasons I like this show.
  14. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I'm on 3.5, and I've been watching this show pretty much non-stop for three weeks. Super excited for the second half of season 3 to start on Thursday!
  15. lmarie086

I loved tonight's episode! A few jaw-dropping moments-man this show keeps me on the edge of my seat sometimes! I loved Damon tonight, he was just brilliant.

I'm going to miss Jeremy-I know he isn't the most popular character, but I really like him and it was so sad that Elena had to lose her last family member (even if just sending him away) so that he could actually be safe. I see that potentially backfiring though.

So many shows have come back this week, and they'll all had excellent returns IMO. This makes me look forward to Once Upon A Time even more than I was already.
  16. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

So, how long is Jeremy gone?!?! He can't leave! And I wonder what Dr. Fell's deal is.

This show is so good. LOVED the scene between Elena and Klaus.
  17. Ajax

Ajax New Member

Ooooh, I didn't realize there was a Vampire Diaries thread here. I love this show! I got into it only a few weeks ago and ended up mainlining all episodes on Netflix. I thought this show would be just a lame rehash of Twilight (which I loathe) but it basically takes everything that was wrong with Twilight (spineless, wishy-washy heroine, emo stalkers etc) and makes it right. I love that people in the Vampire Diaries talk to each other about everything, that secrets and plot points are not dragged out needlessly for episodes on end for the sake of a cheap pay-off, and the breakneck pace of plot twists and revelations.

Last night's episode was the first one that I watched in real time and I have to say I was a bit confused and underwhelmed... I don't get what's Stefan's deal. Am I to believe that he really doesn't care for Elena anymore? I could get that he was simply covering to make her go away, but the "I don't care if Jeremy dies" was a bit far... I also don't understand his plan, which seems stupid in theory, but I have faith in the writers. Stefan and Katherine are probably playing Klaus (and everyone else) in some way. One layer above that, Katherine is probably playing Stefan. I look forward to seeing it all play out.

Not sure about the Elena & Damon kiss... Kind of douchy on Damon's part especially since he learned that Stefan is still working to save his life.

Do not like Elena having Jeremy's memory wiped. I'm betting that's gonna come back to bite them in the ass big time.

Who wants to bet that hidden in the locked coffin is the original Petrova, the one of whom both Elena and Katherine are doppelgangers?
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  18. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Even though Stefan is no longer controlled by Klaus, Stefan has consumed too much blood and killed too many people to return to the Stefan Elena first met. Usually, when Stefan relapsed, someone like Lexi was there to provide aid. But still, that took decades for Stefan to be in control of his evil side.
  19. AshleyN

Can't say I'll miss Jeremy too much. Along with Matt, he's always seemed like the most disposable of the regulars to me.

I knew it was inevitable that Damon/Elena would happen at some point, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Also, I agree with whoever said earlier that the scene with Klaus and Elena was terrific - probably the highlight of the episode to me.

Overall, not the best episode ever, but a solid return.
  20. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

So, I'm totally on board with Caroline/Klaus. I just found something about their scenes really hot.
  21. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I have to admit to thinking Caroline/Klaus being slightly intriguing.

Is this the first time we know the Mayor's name? Carol? And her son is/was dating Carolyn? Really? Couldn't the writers come up with a different name like Diane?

I am looking forward to knowing more about the Council. I always want to know more about the Founding Families. So, the Hybrids are gone. Who killed the medical examiner? I very much doubt it was Alaric.

During the commercials, the CW said that Nina won the People's Choice Award for Best Drama Actress. Seriously? That is friggin' awesome! Way better than some movie star actress playing a lawyer with ethical issues.
  22. Ajax

Ajax New Member

That's great for Nina!

I thought last night's episode was great. Things I liked: Bonnie calling Elena out on compelling Jeremy, Elena refusing to jump into anything with Damon, Stefan being a chilling badass, Tyler confessing his love for Caroline and finally realizing the implications of his sire bond to Klaus, the teens getting together to celebrate Caroline's birthday, Caroline starting to consider the implications of her immortality (and her preceding death), Damon and Liz working together. I also liked that Elena turned to Matt for the scene on the bridge but I didn't get what exactly she was going on about there.

Things I didn't like: The actress playing Meredith really bugs me for some reason. I guess she'll be hooking up with Alaric? Joseph Morgan's simpering speeches are annoying. I find him miscast.

The scene between Klaus and Caroline was just bizarre. What the hell was that? I'm going to withhold judgment on it since Klaus is obviously playing some sort of game. But I don't buy that even after calling Tyler out on being Klaus's minion, Caroline was still going starry-eyed over a gift from the guy who killed her boyfriend, killed Jenna and destroyed the Stefan who was her friend, not to mention tons of bystanders.
  23. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Yes, when Nina one she said that she wasn't even on the ballot originally. But Vampire Diaries fans added her as a write-in nominee and then voted so hardcore that she ended up winning! :D

Well, this is the People's Choice Awards, not the Emmys. :)
  24. AshleyN

Just watched this week's episode - I can't believe I was two whole days late seeing the return of my beloved Elijah! YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
  25. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I'm ecstatic that Elijah is back as well :). And to catch up...the scene between Caroline and Klaus, where Klaus leans down and tells her all she'll be missing if she doesn't live, has to be the best scene I've seen on the show. LOVED. IT. I'll be sad to see Klaus go if/when he does. (also, loved the Damon/Elena kiss. Ian still makes me weak in the knees.).
  26. lmarie086

Elijah :swoon

OMG Alaric!! They really need to stop killing him. Cause one day it'll actually stick and I'll be :wuzrobbed:

Original Family reunion-best part of the whole episode. Line of the night goes to Elijah- "This is family business." Love it!
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  27. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

That was a great episode.

I think the killer is either Katherine or Tatia--who else would have Elena's fingerprints?

We found out Caroline's dad's lover's name is "Steven" (which, BTW, is cool as that was the name of Gary Coleman's Dynasty character). That must mean something! And one of those Original Sons has to be gay! I hope it's the one who kinda looks like Charlie from "Lost."
  28. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

The fingerprints were present day Elena's, as the killer had stolen weapons she had previously touched...
  29. Ajax

Ajax New Member

That was a cool episode... I'm having trouble adjusting to watching this on TV. I discovered this series on Netflix a couple of months ago, watched the first two series in a couple of weeks, and then caught up on Hulu with the rest. There are simply too many commercials when you watch on tv and it ruins the excitement for me.

Poor Caroline can't catch a break. But where was Tyler?? I quite like the murder mystery and was very scared that Alaric wouldn't be resurrected, after all the fuss they've made about the ring this season. I'm guessing the killer is not Meredith but that she's still related to the whole thing somehow.

Bonnie and her mom were zzzzzzzzzzzzzz as always.

The Original family reunion was great. I'm happy we met the last two brothers. Not happy that the coffin contained their mother. I was thinking it'd be the original Petrova - who I'm glad finally gets a name. I guess she'll also be played by Dobrev? We have always been told that witches are not immortal and that they are servants of the nature. Doesn't making themselves immortal go against that?

Also wasn't happy with the anvilicious "oh look, both sets of brothers were in love with the same girl, what lessons can we draw from this?" parallel. I am just not getting Stephan.
  30. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

Stefan is too broody and whiny for me... :rolleyes:
    I love Damon :cool:
  31. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Last night's episode was so good. Can I have a seat at that table next time? *fans self* lol

Joseph Morgan is just outstanding as Klaus. His emotional range is superb. One minute I hate him and the next minute I'm tearing up along with him. Can't the guy just have his hybrids and have fun :(.

Now that you mention it, I agree it's probably Katherine who is doing the killings. Someone who is fast and stealthy enough to do it without them seeing them.

Should get interesting with the family together.

Also, Elijah is looking even more yummy how that he's back. I like the haircut.

In conclusion Damon > Stefan. Loved when Damon hung up on Elena and said "I didn't do that for you" to Stefan.

Great episode! No other show has this much going on, per episode.

P.S. I felt awful for Caroline :(
  32. Orable

Orable New Member

Major word to everything Satellitegirl wrote. Seriously, I don't need to even say anything else, except that I think this may've been one of the best episodes in the entire series to date. Absolutely magnificent!

Well, maybe I'll say one more thing - I'm not sure how crazy I am about Nina Dobrev playing another character. She does such a fantastic job making Katherine and Elena two distinctively different characters, that I'm afraid that her playing Tatia will be one character too many.

Still, fantastic episode in a great series! So far, TVD, has escaped the downhill slide that many other shows succumb to in their third season...
  33. AshleyN

Sexiest. Dinner Party. Ever.

Funny, I actually find Damon the much broodier and whinier of the two.
  34. nlyoung

nlyoung Active Member

And Damon is definitely prettier ;)
  35. AshleyN

Well, they're both awfully pretty, though I'll admit that I've been kind of thrown off on Stefan ever since I saw someone point out how much he looks like Puppet Angel.

However, Klaus and Elijah are prettier than either of them.;)
  36. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

37. lmarie086

^ :rofl: I loved that! Do they do that for every episode? I sure hope so!
  38. Ajax

Ajax New Member

Yes! Price Peterson reviews every episode of Vampire Diaries like that - they are absolutely hilarious! If you click on his name in that review, the rest of his articles should come up.
  39. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I finally caught up.

I love the Originals, and I am so suuuper excited to have all of them running around creating chaos.

I'm hoping that they're honest about teasing us with Stefan and Elena reunited. I do agree that Stefan's broodiness can be a bit boring, but at the end of the day they're supposed to be together and it weirds me out that they've been apart for so damned long.

They need to stop killing Alaric. And hurting Caroline. Caroline's the (second, depending upon if you adore Damon or not) best character on this show and they treat her terribly far too often.
  40. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I think maybe they're taking Caroline on a "harsh reality of being a vampire" journey, so to speak. But yeah, she's been through enough already. Give the girl some happiness in there! I would love it if Damon and Elena were together, but I'm sure that will never be the final result, so I just enjoy the tension of the "triangle" on the show.