The tuning of Miki Ando after the maternity leave seems to be going very well.

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Akira Andrea, Sep 12, 2013.

1. rosewood

rosewood Wheeee! Wonder babies!

The invitation to Nebelhorn is a kind of mystery. The article of IN says German Skating Federation maintained an unofficial substitute list. What the " unofficial substitute list" is ? :confused:
    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2013/09/17/60843116
    ...and can someone please explain why Finland earned 2 ladies spots? Also Finland and Israel have 2 men spots each. Korpi was inveted by ISU like Miki?...but then men....how come?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  2. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea New Member

This is an article in "Nihon Keizai Shimbun" in Japan.
    Translating to English from Japanese.

As for the comeback of Ando, Japan Skating Federation released, too.
    September 18th, 2013

In September 18th, Japan Skating Federation released formally that the former Worlds champion Miki Ando (25, Shinyokohama Prince Club) who aims at Sochi Olympics via the girl birth in April returns to the competition at Nebelhorn Trophy which is opened in Obestdorf in Germany from September 26th.

Ando deviates from the certified athlete whom JSF sends to International Competition.
    According to the said federation, the invitation from the German Skating Federation reached to Ando and she showed the intention of the participation.
    〔By Kyodo Press 〕

The article:
    As for the comeback of Ando, Japan Skating Federation released, too
    http://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXNSSXKD0126_Y3A910C1000000/

Last edited: Sep 18, 2013
  3. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea New Member

This is an article in Asahi Shimbun" in Japan.

Miki Ando returns to the competition at Nebelhorn Trophy in Germany.
    September 18th, 2013

In September 18th, Japan Skating Federation announced that Miki Ando (25, Shinyokohama Prince Club) who won the championship in Worlds twice participates to Nebelhorn Trophy which opened in Germany in September 26th.
    For Ando who gave girl-birth in April, it becomes the comeback to the competition for the first time after three seasons since the Worlds in October, 2011 when she won the championship.
    Ando who deviated from the certified athlete this season has been scheduled to return with Kanto championship on first in October.
    The Japanese Skating Federation has supposed that it investigates her condition and that it reviews 'the returning to the certified athlete and the sending to International Competition' but it hastened Ando's International Competition participation by receiving the invitation from the side of the event.
    The Nebelhorn Trophy is an International Skating Union ( ISU ) authorization event.
    To get the entry qualification of Sochi Olympics, Ando must get the minimum technical point which ISU specified by the authorization.

The article:
    Miki Ando returns to the competition at Nebelhorn Trophy in Germany.
    http://www.asahi.com/sports/update/0918/TKY201309180050.html

4. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea New Member

This is an article in "Miki Ando's official face book".

Miki Ando decided that she participates as invitation player to Nebelhorn Trophy (9/25-9/28, Oberstdorf) which is held in Germany.
    September 18th, 2013

By Miki Ando official.
    In September 13th, she received a contact as for the invitation from Japan Skating Federation.
    She seems to have thought of declining, too, because she has been tuning-up for the important domestic competition.
    However, she seems to have decided to participate, feeling that she has no choice but to go with the feelings of gratitude, because the invitation letter from the chairman Dieter Hillebrand of the German Skating Federation was spelled by the word which filled consideration as anyone is moved.

Ando is saying, "Although I have anxiety, too, as for the return to the competition, I would like to do my best because it is the first step to Sochi Olympics". Everybody, please cheer her.

The article:
    Miki Ando decided that she participates as invitation player to Nebelhorn Trophy (9/25-9/28, Oberstdorf) which is held in Germany.
    https://www.facebook.com/miki.ando.official/posts/577473498979693

5. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

Thanks for all the translations, Akira Andrea! :)

Did you see this explanation that was posted in the Nebelhorn Thread in Kiss and Cry? http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/sho...ior-B-comp-)&p=3995562&viewfull=1#post3995562

6. rosewood

Thanks, Sylvia. I actually skipped some pages of that thread so I didn't notice his post. Also thanks a lot for the inquiry, Eislauffan! That helps me a lot.:)

So Finland historically has 2 spots and their federation sent Korpi and Turkkira. Japan has at least one spot (maybe 2 historically) but JSF didn't send Miki because her test skate has not been done. Then Korpi withdrew and German Federation invited Miki at their expense to fulfill the field, even though she is not in JSF's international pool ("designated athletes"). JSF accepted the invitation because Miki reportedly wanted to participate in the competition, though they were so confused by the invitation. OK That's understandable.

Now Miki really wants to come back and German Federation really loves her.:bloc:

7. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea New Member

This is an article in “Sports Hochi” in Japan.

Miki affirmed to return in September 26th, saying “It is my first step to Sochi”.
    September 19th, 2013

By September 18th, it became clear that the former Worlds champion Miki Ando (25, Shinyokohama Prince Club) who gave girl-birth in April returns to the competition at Nebelhorn Trophy which is opened in Oberstdorf, Germany from September 26th. Challenging the return match after an interval of 3 seasons since 2011 Worlds where she won her second champion, she begins to step to the Sochi Olympics of goal.

In September 17th, the German Skating Federation who hosts the event announced the participation of Ando. In September 18th, the Japan Skating Federation revealed that the formal entry notice had reached from the German Skating Federation. Although Ando is deviating from the certified athlete of JSF who becomes the object who JSF sends International Competition, it seems that the invitation letter from German Skating Federation reached. Within JSF, there were pros and cons on whether to admit participation, but it was admitted because Ando showed the intention of the participation.

At first, it was the flow which participates in International Competition after returning to the certified athlete after returning with Kanto championship (October 12th-14th, Shin-yokohama Skate Center) which combines the 1st preliminary competition of the Japan Nationals in December. For participating to Olympics, she must break through the minimum technical point which ISU specified in International Competition. If acquiring a minimum technical point by this event which ISU authorized, she gets to clear one condition for the Sochi representative already.

Ando showed the readiness to face the return match which was accelerated about 2 weeks on "the face book" of the alternating current site, saying, "As for the return to the event, I has anxiety, too, but I would like to do my best because this is my first step to Sochi".

The road to the Sochi as for Ando:
    The Ladies of Japan have three spots for the Sochi.
    First, winning within 7th place with Kanto Championship of the preliminary competition of Japan Nationals, and winning within 6th place with the Eastern Japan Championship (November 1st-4th, Gunma General Sports Center), she must get the qualification to participate to Japan Nationals (December 21st-23rd, Saitama Super Arena) of the Sochi Olympics representative selection meeting.
    Her Olympics of the 3 games continuation is fixed if clearing the minimum technical point which ISU specified by the Japan Nationals and winning the championship in the Japan Nationals.
    Until now as for Miki Ando

At April-May, 2011:
    She won her second championship in Worlds (Moscow) after an interval of 4 years.
    After the said event, she canceled a teacher-pupil relationship with Morozov coach.
    At June:
    She announced that she is absent in the GP series which is opened from October.
    At November:
    She announced that she takes a full rest in 2011/2012 season.
    At October, 2012:
    She announced that she takes a rest in 2012/2013 season, too, because of coach absence and she expressed the intention to retire from the eligible after 2013/2014 season.
    On the same time, she found the Pregnancy.
    At April, 2013:
    She gave birth of a girl.
    At July:
    She participated to an ice show in Tokyo Metropolitan area after an interval of 9 months.
    At June:
    On TV news program in the evening of June 1st, she announced that she gave a girl birth.
    At August:
    She interviewed in a press conference at the first time after having announced the child-birth.
    At September:
    JSF announced that she returns to the competition at Nebelhorn Trophy after an interval of three seasons.

The article:
    Miki affirmed to return in September 26th, saying “It is my first step to Sochi”.
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20130918-00000220-sph-spo

Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  8. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea New Member

This is an article in "Nikkan Sports " in Japan.

Miki Ando showed the short program in this season at the first time.
    September 21st, 2013

The photo:
    photography: by Akemi Taemi
    Ando who made the jump succeed at an ice show.
    http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/photonews_nsInc_f-sp-tp0-20130921-1193067.html

The former worlds champion Miki Ando (25, Shinyokohama Prince Club) who returns to the competition after an interval in 3 seasons passing through the child-birth in April showed the short program for this season.

In the ice show "Prince Ice World" which was held in Ibaraki Prefecture in September 21st as the charity event for supporting the revival of the eastern Japan large earthquake disaster, she participated as guest skater and charmed the audience who thronged by the costume which colored the gold color.

The music name was made undisclosed to the competition with the hope of the very person, but she challenged 3 jumps, too. She said, "I drew my skating life so far in the heart in my own way".

The triple Lutz of the beginning became single, but as for the following triple Salchow and double Axel, she have let it succeed and bathed the big clapping.
    She said "I will raise the probability from now on, too, by the practice. I can advance on the next step because I could jump in front of the audience".

The article :
    Miki Ando showed the short program in this season at the first time.
    http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/f-sp-tp0-20130921-1193067.html

9. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

In the press conference after the show, she asked the media not to reveal the name of her short programme music for "contractual reasons". Which kind of makes you wonder why she chose to skate it at all in public. :confused:

It's "My Way". :p

10. rosewood

:lol: Yeah, people tweeted after seeing her SP in the show.

I heard her FS is to "Fire Bird". It's still a rumor, though.

As for the contracts, this article gives us a tip:
    http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2013/09/22/kiji/K20130922006663360.html

P.S.
    Supposedly her friend had some contract with her to post a picture of Miki in the costume of her SP "My Way". j/k

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  11. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Lovely SP costume for Miki! re. the LP: If, as rumors have it, her LP will be to Firebird, then Miki will join the list of skaters who have gone back to old programs this season.

12. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea New Member

This is an article in "Sports Hochi" in Japan.

Miki showed the short program of this season and said "I wish you to watch me affectionately."
    September 22nd. 2013

In September 21st, the former Worlds champion Miki Ando (25, Shinyokohama Prince Club) who gave child-birth in April participated to the ice show in Kasamatsu Sports Park in Hitachinaka city, Ibaraki prefecture. She showed the short program of this season at the first time in the public place, but didn't reveal the music name which has been attracting attention.

She appeared with the golden costume which the brilliant rhinestone was studded. As for the combination jump which was planned in the beginning, she failed because it became single rotation of single jump, but succeed the next triple Salchow and double Axel.

She was enthusiastic, saying "It was not in the state where it can skate in front of the audience because the practice was still insufficient, but I think that the feeling was good. I would like to practice so that it may become a better program".

The music of the short program seems has been selected by the Russian choreographer and she explained it, saying "It is the image shining while walking the skating life without forgetting my own personality".  However, as for the essential music name, she requested to the press not to publish it until the Nabelhorn Trophy (in Germany in September 26th-28th) which is her return match, because there is a problem on the contract.

In the finale, she landed the triple Lutz which she failed in the beginning of the short program. She seems to have felt the response, saying, "It was a lack of rotation, but it connects to my confidence because having been able to jump without failure". Ando appealed to the audience, saying "I am the player who has a wave but I wish you to watch me affectionately." She ended the rehearsal which she skates in front of the audience. Then, she is going to start on a trip to Germany which becomes the first step to Sochi.

The road to the Sochi as for Ando:
    The Ladies of Japan have three spots for the Sochi.
    First, winning within 7th place with Kanto Championship of the preliminary competition of Japan Nationals, and winning within 6th place with the Eastern Japan Championship (November 1st-4th, Gunma General Sports Center), she must get the qualification to participate to Japan Nationals (December 21st-23rd, Saitama Super Arena) of the Sochi Olympics representative selection meeting.
    Her Olympics of the 3 games continuation is fixed if clearing the minimum technical point which ISU specified by the time of the Japan Nationals and winning the championship in the Japan Nationals.

The article:
    Miki showed the short program of this season and said "I wish you to watch me affectionately."
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20130921-00000220-sph-spo

Reference:
    Miki Ando in the EX "Amazing Grace"
    http://www.asahi.com/digital_pr/article_images/TKY201309210292.jpg

Miki Ando in the short program.
    http://stat.ameba.jp/user_images/20130921/20/atomu5551/c1/50/j/o0391049312691281017.jpg

The official facebook of Miki Ando
    https://www.facebook.com/miki.ando.official

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
  13. rosewood

The article in "Sponichi" published on September 19.
    http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2013/09/19/kiji/K20130919006644860.html

Takasu Clinic announced they would support Miki financially after the exclusive interview. Dr.Takasu, the president of the medical corporation, frequently tweets about Miki. He tweeted recently that his corporation made the deadline for the official sponsor of Nebelhorn. Now Miki has a strong "team"(TV Asahi, Fuji TV, and Takasu Clinic) but still without a coach. It's kinda irony, though.

P.S.
    One more photo of her SP
    http://amd.c.yimg.jp/im_siggwzM1wB9...-q90/amd/20130921-00000765-yom-000-1-view.jpg

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  14. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

15. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

That makes two. Just like Gracie Gold with her strong "team" (NBC-SOI-USFSA), yet no real coach.

16. leapfrogonice

leapfrogonice Active Member

I find it wonderful that Nike Japan would choose her to be a part of the campaign. Good for her!

17. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

Go Miki and Gracie!

18. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea New Member

This is an article in "Sankei Shimbun" in Japan.

In Nebelhorn Trophy from September 26th, Miki Ando challenges her return match.
    September 25th, 2013

Photo:
    Photography: by Hirota Kiriyama
    Miki Ando who waves the hand after finishing an ice show. In Neblhorn Trophy, she faces up to her return match after an interval of two years.

By Kyodo Press
    In September 26th, Nebelhorn Trophy which combines the preliminary competition for the Sochi Olympics opens in Oberstdorf. In this event, Miki Ando (Shinyokohama Prince Club) who aims at the participation to the Olympics three times successively after child-birth faces up to her return match after an interval of two years.
    In the short program in September 26th when 35 players participate, she skates at 4th order.

Ando took rest after the Japan Open of October, 2011 which she competed by FS only. The event which she skates with both SP and FS is from the Worlds in April, 2011 which she won her second championship.
    In Nebelhorn Trophy, she aims at clearing the minimum technical score (SP 20.00, FS 36.00) which ISU specified as the condition for participating to Olympics.
    Japan has each three spots for Olympics for Men and Ladies.

19. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

Her program choices sound perfect, and very different from one another. Go, Miki!!! :saint:

20. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea New Member

This is an article in "Nikkan Sports" in Japan.

Miki Ando participated to the official practice to her return match after an interval of three seasons.
    September 26th , 2013

The photo:
    Photography: by Manabu Inoue
    In the venue where Nebelhorn Trophy is held, Miki Ando faced up to the official practice.
    http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/photonews_nsInc_f-sp-tp0-20130926-1195148.html

In September 25th, the former Worlds champion Miki Ando finished her final tuning up which aims at her return match after an interval of three seasons.

In the venue of Nebelhorn Trophy which is opened in Oberstdorf of Germany in September 26th, she participated to the official practice.

As for her who gave birth to the girl in April, it is from the Worlds in April of 2011 that she competes in the official competition which skates with both SP and FS.
    In this day, she showed an energetic movement with black wear. As for her, it could watch the satisfactory adjustment, such as having nailed the combination jump of double Axel-Triple Toeloop, too. She competes to SP in September 26th, and competes to FS in September 27th.

The article:
    Miki Ando participated to the official practice to her return match after an interval of three seasons.
    http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/f-sp-tp0-20130926-1195148.html

Last edited: Sep 25, 2013
  21. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

thanks for the news, i can't wait to see miki live tomorrow.

don't know what to say, if 'the firebird' rumour comes true. she already skated to this music 2 seasons, as she was entering the senior scence. I'm not a fan of this music either but would like to se how miki will skate to it, 10 years after the first time.

22. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea New Member

This is an article in "Yomiuri Shimbun" in Japan.

Valter Rizzo became the new coach of Ando.
    September 26th, 2013

By Junko Nagai from Oberstdorf, Germany
    In September 25th, the official practice was held and Ando tuned herself up lightly with "Fire Bird" of the free skating of this season. Then, she revealed that she requested the coach of this event to Italian Valter Rizzo.

The article:
    Valter Rizzo became the new coach of Ando.
    http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/sports/news/20130926-OYT1T00341.htm?from=ylist

Translator's note: "I misspelt the Italian of the title. I'm sorry."

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  23. Spun Silver

Spun Silver Well-Known Member

24. mathil

mathil Member

Yes, that's him! Valter, not Walter :) He has collaborated with Morozov so maybe that's why Miki chose him.

25. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea New Member

26. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea New Member

According to the rumor on twitters,

Miki Ando seems to have confirmed the music choice: SP "My Way" and FS: "Firebird". Baby Himawari seems to be with her in Oberstdorf.

Miki seems to have said that she has no coach yet, Yuko Monna is helping her in training at home town and Valter Rizzo is coaching her in Oberstdorf.

kwanfan1818 and (deleted member) like this.
  27. rosewood

Now it's confirmed, Jeschke ;)

Tatjana Flade tweeted:

28. danafan

danafan Canadian ladies ├╝ber

Here's a clip on YouTube I found, I believe from Nebelhorn practice - a partial run though of her program to firebird, no jumps and not even all the choreography

http://youtu.be/I0fPPaLcHWI

29. brina

brina Well-Known Member

What would be the irony if, in her post-partum season, Miki Ando won it all this year.

I'm personally rooting for her. I love Firebird.

30. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea New Member

Thank you for introducing the clip!