The Top 50 Worst Inventions

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by missflick, Jun 11, 2010.

1. missflick

missflick New Member

2. MOIJTO

MOIJTO Banned Member

Worst or not many of those made millions for the inventor or the company, so I would say they weren't a total loss!

3. Auntie

Auntie New Member

Auto-tune and bump-it! :lol:

4. GarrAarghHrumph

GarrAarghHrumph I can kill you with my brain

Vio - carbonated milk. And they wonder why that failed?

5. Cupid

Cupid Well-Known Member

I took a quick peak and I noticed the hair in a can. That would be a great idea if you could touch of gray roots with it for a while. :lol: Is it still being sold?

6. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

:fragile: Comic sans is one of my favorite fonts! (Although I don't use it for business stuff.)

7. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Clippy!! My husband knows the guy who created Clippy. . .

And hey, the crinoline was an improvement over layers and layers and layers of hot, stuffy petticoats!

And the Pinto, beloved car. . . we were once given a Pinto at the car rental place when we went to visit my grandparents--my parents and me and my three siblings, along with 2 weeks' worth of luggage. Yeah, great choice, car rental people!

Tanning beds are still hugely popular in the Midwest where I live, even though it's plenty hot and sunny for at least 6 months of the year.

Crocs: They may be ugly as all get-out, but they're about the only thing that fit my husband's duck feet.

And oh, Microsoft Bob. Someone got it for my grandmother years ago, and she still talks about how awful it was.

8. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

segways are used by local police, by some security companies. However, I did see someone who had one for personal use, when he got a flat tire while on a trail. Since there is no room for a spare, his wife had to walk back to the car and pick him up. :rofl:

9. StonewshMullet

StonewshMullet Well-Known Member

Just came from the Blackhawks parade and I saw a bunch of cops on Segways.

10. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

Nice.

I was personally excited to see my favorite on the list - Rejuvenique. I have to think that the Rejuvenique infomercial gave nightmares to an entire generation of small children.

11. CantALoop

CantALoop Well-Known Member

How did aspic not make it on that list? *horf*

By the way, did anyone notice that the $cientology e-meter is in the thumbnail for the article but not actually on the list? I think it definitely deserves to be on that list over several of those inventions, but I guess Time wanted to get in a subtle jab at them while still covering their ass. :lol:

12. JamieSix

JamieSix New Member

Tamagotchis were awesome!!! :mad:

13. jamesy

jamesy wind up merchant

"baby cages"? :eek: :eek:

14. MOIJTO

MOIJTO Banned Member

There called playpens!

15. skaternum

skaternum Grooving!

Yeah, playpens that you hang out the window!

jamesy and (deleted member) like this.
  16. millyskate

millyskate Well-Known Member

I actually really miss the microsoft office assistants :shuffle: I used to waste hours animating the dog or cat...

17. ilovepaydays

ilovepaydays Well-Known Member

They forgot a lot of things you see sold in a SkyMall..............

18. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

If Agent Orange is on there, how did they not put the Atomic Bomb on that list?

19. missflick

missflick New Member

I definitely agree with the pop up ads. They are the bane of my existence. (Although I don't get many now).

20. Capella

Capella Guest

My cat is especially fond of the various fish/aspic variations, so he would definitely disagree with you.

And they gave thumbs down to fake hair? How could skating have survived the early '00s without it? Shae-Lynn, Volchkova, Angela Nikodinov?