The Streaker at the Sun Valley Ice Show

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by A.H.Black, Jul 24, 2011.

1. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

I hadn't seen a thread about this.

http://www.mtexpress.com/index2.php?ID=2005137631

My favorite part -

2. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

Haha, I'd be laughing but if I were a child I'd be mortified.

3. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

4. Athena

Athena New Member

I posted a shorter version of the news in Evan't news and update thread a week ago.

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=74062&page=36

The streaker surely attracted a lot more media exposure than the real star of the show. :lol: Maybe it's just like what Donald Trump said, "There's no such thing as Over Exposure". :scream:

5. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

From what I remember about the SV rink is that he had a way to go to get to the condos! I can't believe he didn't slip on the ice in flip flops. Musta been a curler ;)

6. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I had to laugh that they included a definition of the word "streaker" in the article.

7. KCC

KCC Active Member

I was there. In my area, the parents were mortified, but the little girls were laughing hysterically and snapping pictures. It was funny, but not an especially pretty sight. Just glad no one fell (since there were a lot of people on the ice at that time) and that security did not chase him onto the ice.

8. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Boy, he must have ran pretty slow across the ice on flip flops. That means that everyone in the audience had plenty of time to see everyting. EVERYTHING. :rofl:

9. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

I think if I had been there, I would have been mildly disgusted myself. I figured people would take pictures and videos. That's why I'm a little surprised that no one has a description of his face.

10. REO

REO New Member

I guess no one was looking at his face. What about the pix the little girls snapped? No one got a face shot? lmao

11. allezfred

allezfred Hideous Admin Staff Member

Sounds like the parents and children I know. PML. :rofl: :rofl:

12. peibeck

peibeck Counting down the days 'til Skate America

:rofl: A streaker? What is this 1974??? :p

I could understand it as a publicity stunt if it were a major event, like Worlds. But a Sun Valley Ice show? That seems rather random. :lol:

13. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

Although a streaker appearing in the ice show is seen as a laughing matter, it´s also very serious. It definetely shows a very lacking security in the event. And the streaker was not even caught, oh my. Yes, this time it was just a funny streaker running onto the ice, but what about if it had been somebody with a gun?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  14. SkateFan66

SkateFan66 Active Member

15. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

No type of security measure could weed out potential streaker at any event. What would you be screening for? It think it's harmless anyway, provided of course the streaker doesn't directly intefere with a skater's performance. For more serious things like carrying a gun, I would hope that the big event venues have the customers go through some sort of checkpoints before entering the venues.

16. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

17. Jasmar

Jasmar Active Member

The rink in Sun Valley (for shows) is outdoors. I haven't been there in years, but there was never any security when I used to go every summer. Maybe things have changed since then, and they now establish some kind of perimeter around the area through which everyone must pass, but the layout of the area isn't exactly conducive to security.

And there is a big cluster of condos within a hundred yards of the rink.

My old dance partner was there to judge for the tests, and was planning on going to the show. Can't wait to hear his take on it.

18. KCC

KCC Active Member

There was no real security at this event, but this show attracts a mild-mannered crowd, even for figure skating. Not sure what the girls captured on film, most likely a butt (given where we were seated). Those seated on the sides of the rink got more of a frontal view, which is just not something you want to see on ice. My guess is that this guy won a bet with someone, but there is not enough alcohol or money in the world for me to subject a crowd to that kind of visual. Honestly, it reminded me of some kind of "Pee-wee Herman" sort of stunt -- startling at the time, but not anything one would feel they missed out on if they were on a coffee run at the time.

19. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

Where is the line drawn between streaker and stalker? Remember the attack on Monica Seles? The potentials frighten me.

20. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

Clothing.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. I know you were making a serious point.)

21. REO

REO New Member

This guy had nowhere to conceal a weapon! lol
    It is a little frightening though. There are alot of whackos in the world.