The Sochi Torch Has Been Unveiled

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by AragornElessar, Jan 15, 2013.

1. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Not sure if this is in the right spot of not, but putting it in here for lack of anywhere else at the moment...

Olympics.org ~ Sochi 2014 ~ Sochi 2014 torch unveiled

Hmmm...I get the idea and what they were going for. I'm just not sure what to think of it just yet.

It's better than the Vancouver torch, but that was so bad it wouldn't be a hard thing to be able to better it design wise.

What does everyone else think?

2. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

The torch is fine but Navka needs to fire her dermatologist.

3. maatTheViking

maatTheViking Now ubering Machida's hair

I like it, but I feel it should be a Klingon holding it - it looks a bit like a giant sword :p

4. walei

walei Well-Known Member

It reminds me of a futuristic racquetball racket, with that big arch I'm afraid if may diminish the flame's visual impact. Definitely need to see it with the flame on.

I REALLY want to see Sochi's medal design. Winter Olympics usually have designs that's more out there are fun compare to the summer ones.

What was so bad with Vancouver's torch? Actually this Sochi one also reminds me of Vancouver's with the arching design.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Fantastic design!

Navka is almost unrecognisable. Jeez, how much work did she have done on her face? :scream:

6. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I like it. Very stylish.

7. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

I definitely see the feather. :)

Navka needs to step away from the fillers. :yikes:

8. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

Cool stuff. Even cooler is the figure skating mention - Tatiana Navka modeling the torch and Ilia Averbukh serving as an official ambassador.

Wondering if Navka, true to herself, has a leopard print headband underneath that cap though. :glamor: :watch: